Web hosting?

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Web hosting?

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:01 am

I've had a blog for the last few years, the last 8 months or so I haven't really done anything to it, or posted but i'd like to update it, and get it going again. The issue for me is I haven't found a decent host that's actually made me want to stay with them. They all seem to have their problems.

So, with that said can anyone suggest a decent host? Or any suggestion of where I can stuff the blog. Even using a service like blogger, but being able to actually use my domain still would be acceptable, though having my own host shared or otherwise is probably the best solution.

So, suggestions?
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:07 pm

www.1and1.com - been using them for the last 3 years, and have been satisfied.
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'
Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'
Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Wed Dec 27, 2006 5:12 am

www.telana.com

you can host SEVERAL websites off of one account for 8$ a month. Unlimited email, SQL, everything included. I have been using them for a long time, class people, i wouldnt use anyone else.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:13 pm

Good to know, I was thinking this same question recently since my three year free trial at 1&1 was up.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”