VPN issue

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Dalar
Sojourner

VPN issue

Postby Dalar » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:07 pm

So on this Lenovo T60 that i got (I did a win2k install with the existing OS, symantec corporate edition, and the lenovo package manager), I can't connect to my company's VPN. I know it's not my firewall because I can use a different computer to connect to the VPN. Does anyone know how I can figure out which program is blocking me? Other people with the same build are having this issue.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:04 am

Symantec is the devil. 'Nuff said.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:42 am

what method are you using to connect? pptp or ipsec?

how many other computers can connect? just one? check port forwarding in your router if its just one.

what phase of the connection process do you get to? does it move past any phase of the connection process?
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Colje
Sojourner

Postby Colje » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:24 am

symantec corporate edition is the reason, we had the same problem over here. You checked if you added the vpn client as allowed to the spesific port you guys use?

It should ask you if you want ot automatically configured ..or manually.

I know some companys have rules setup on their vpn, like check if a certain firewall is installed and running before letting you connect...check if you have all the prequisites?

/Colje

Return to “General Discussion Archive”