rip chris benoit

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
alendar
Sojourner

rip chris benoit

Postby alendar » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:05 am

sad to see one of the best grapplers of pro wrestling go...

yeah i know wrestling is fake... but if it wasnt he would have ripped dude's limbs off....

will miss watching him perform...
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:16 am

I was just going to post this. :(

Benoit was an oddity in WWF (WWE, whatever)..a small guy with no mic skills who was more over than almost anyone else no matter what crowd. He was an excellent performer. Going to miss seeing that top rope flying headbutt.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:33 pm

Oh yeah, great guy. Strangled his wife, and then smothered his son before killing himself. RIP!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:07 pm

Corth wrote:Oh yeah, great guy. Strangled his wife, and then smothered his son before killing himself. RIP!

*shrug* Never said he was a "great guy." He was a great performer though. I am waiting to hear exactly what happened as opposed to preliminary media reports...it would be sad if that's what happened. It is a tragedy all around.
alendar
Sojourner

Postby alendar » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:48 pm

posted before i had all the facts and i also never said he was a great person... just a great grappler...

still is a shame for that to happen to anyone....

there are other members of his family that will have to deal with what he did for many many years and my thoughts go out to them.
Alendar -= The Black Ash of the Phoenix =-
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0612.html
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=244
Hador group-says 'Inames I think you are the only person on the mud who shouldn't talk about Cofen sucking'
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:29 pm

Corth wrote:Oh yeah, great guy. Strangled his wife, and then smothered his son before killing himself. RIP!

It's really not fair to insinuate this way. No one knows what kinds of issues he may or may not have had that led him to do what he did. For all we know, he could've been a very kindhearted person. People in the US really seem to ignore the effects of mental illness, probably because more often than not there are no outward physical symptoms and a lot of people think these ill people need to "just get over it."
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:39 pm

Adolf Hitler may have had a mental illness. I guess maybe he wasn't an evil piece of murdering shit just like Chris Benoit!

Errr

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:50 pm

I'm more evil spirited than some, I guess. I have a former friend in my life who is now a convicted pedofile. He'd even tagged his two daughters, so got incest tag and solicitation of a minor for doing their friends. But hey, he played a mean guitar! I'm sure gonna miss his songs *gag*

Either way, when people are skilled, there's the private persona that most nobody knows about. Once I find out the private side of someone, it fully purges what I thought I knew of them publically. This fool to sit there and strangled the last breath out of his wife. Then to have time to reflect upon his actions, yet again, as he walks into his son's room to snuff out his life as well...wtf? I hope the little cocksucker rots in hell
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Jun 28, 2007 6:29 pm

In my mind, Benoit was not a wrestler who killed his family. He was a murderer who could wrestle a little.

Important distinction.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Branthur
Sojourner

Postby Branthur » Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:06 pm

First, let me say that it is indeed possible to respect someone's ability, while equally detest something vile that they have done. OJ was a great football player, but hell if he didn't kill his wife and get away with it. Benoit was a great performer, and a great mat wrestler.

Now that the details have come out as much as they have, of course I join with most sensible people and say that what he did was evil. There is no other word for it. Evil. No "mental illness," and even though I was a fan of Benoit and the Roid Rage theory would at least cause this to "make sense," I doubt if it was the case. WWE is trying to cover their asses as much as they can with saying that the murders were too thought out, too methodical, to have been from a "rage." From an outside view, what they say makes sense. Could it have been? Sure..I'm no doctor, and I'm sure not familiar with steroids.

What confuses me about all this is what several of the other wrestlers have posted on their own websites (think Matt Hardy is one), in that it didn't seem like anything he would do at all. Obviously he did. And it was evil.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”