You had to see it coming, but...

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Cirath
Sojourner

You had to see it coming, but...

Postby Cirath » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:32 pm

For those of you that were hoping to one day finish reading the Wheel of Time books, this is really going to suck.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:43 pm

Yes well, that's what happens when you try to stretch three books of plot into 20 books of profit.

J.J. Abrams, take note.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:01 pm

I met Robert Jordan briefly at a signing and heard him read a passage out of his book Path of Daggers. He seemed like a genuinely nice man, and he made that brief passage out of his book really come alive for me with his reading.

Regardless of my feelings over the end of the WoT series, the man gave me dozens of hours of entertainment, and for that I am grateful.

R.I.P. Robert Jordan.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Mon Sep 17, 2007 7:27 pm

Me and a friend of mine were just talking about this series yesterday afternoon. I had no idea he was sick and have been stuck on book 6 for the past year or so. He just finished book 11 and was talking about how 12 was the last and that jordan was sick and might not finish. He's gonna be pretty upset when he finds out. That really sucks. I liked this series but always had a feeling it would never be finished.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:53 pm

If only he had skipped Crossroads of Twilight...
Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:38 pm

From what I read, they are still going to publish A Memory of Light (title for book 12), and probably get his wife or a ghostwriter to flesh out and finish the book from the outlines he had been dictating.

I personally stopped reading after Path of Daggers or whatever it was, though I kept buying the books.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:24 pm

Ugh, that sucks. That series started so awesome and petered out so hard, still though I was hoping to live to see it finished but guess not. Now I'll hafta hope Jim Butcher stays healthy, cuz I can't handle another series ending prematurely.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:08 pm

I never read any of those books, but now I kinda want to. After doing a little looking I found out that there was an authorized MUD based on his theme, which the author gave personal permission to use his theme.

What's interesting to me is the what Wowiki reports: "Its high point was in the third quarter of 2003, when 230 players connected simultaneously, making it one of the most popular MUDs of that year."

230 isn't that much compared to the old days. Yipes.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”