Forum Posting Delay

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Forum Posting Delay

Postby Ragorn » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:01 pm

Been playing with the infamous forum posting delay. Seems that when you hit Submit, your post is actually added to the forum immediately, it's the redirection that's taking a while. If you keep two tabs open on the same thread, and you post a message in one, you can refresh the second tab immediately and see your message, even while the first tab is still thinking. So all that stuff about the database being too big or whatever... I don't think it's that.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:28 pm

I noticed that when I was making my Dev News posts last night, so I think you're right. At this point, though, I'm just waiting for phpBB3 to go into release - its at RC7 now, so it should be any day...
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:43 pm

A short, one-word, post went through with no delay. I can't see any redirects watching the request headers and such, and the posting page appears to simply post back to itself. There's got to be something in the php script causing the delay...
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Oct 17, 2007 10:44 am

Sherlock Forestwalk.

Good job, gumshoe.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:29 pm

Gormal wrote:Sherlock Forestwalk.

Good job, gumshoe.

Ah yes, my old nemesis... The Pink Anchor.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”