Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

[Drudge]: Dems will hold off on Huckabee until he gets GOP n

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:17 pm

Link

DEMS HOLD FIRE ON HUCKABEE; SEE 'EASY KILL' IN GENERAL ELECTION
Tue Dec 11 2007 10:27:53 ET

**Exclusive**

Democrat party officials are avoiding any and all criticism of Republican presidential contender Mike Huckabee, insiders reveal.

The Democratic National Committee has told staffers to hold all fire, until he secures the party's nomination.

The directive has come down from the highest levels within the party, according to a top source.

Within the DNC, Huckabee is known as the "glass jaw -- and they're just waiting to break it."

In the last three weeks since Huckabee's surge kicked in, the DNC hasn't released a single press release criticizing his rising candidacy.

The last DNC press release critical of Huckabee appeared back on March 2nd.

[DNC Press Release Attack Summary:

Governor Mitt Romney (R-MA) – 37% (99 press releases)
Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) – 28% (74)
Senator John McCain (R-AZ) – 24% (64)
Senator Fred Thompson (R-TN) – 8% (20)
Governor Mike Huckabee – 2% (4)]

In fact, as the story broke over the weekend that Huckabee said he wanted to isolate AIDS patients back in 1992, the DNC ignored the opportunity to slam the candidate from the left.

"He'll easily be their McGovern, an easy kill," mocked one senior Democrat operative Tuesday morning from Washington.

"His letting out murderers because they shout 'Jesus', his wanting to put 300,000 AIDS patients and Magic Johnson into isolation, ain't even scratching the surface of what we've got on him."

The discipline the Democrats have shown in not engaging Huckabee has earned the praise of one former Republican Party official:

"The Democrats are doing a much better job restraining themselves than the GOP did in 2003 when Howard Dean looked like he was on the brink of winning the nomination."

A close friend to Huckabee explains: "Look, Mike is Hillary Clinton's worst nightmare. They should be squirming."

Developing...
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:39 pm

Thats smart politics. Its the responsibility of the other Republicans to trash Huckabee for the time being.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:44 pm

And in entirely unrelated news:

<a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22219861/">Man chugs liter of vodka in airport security line</a>

Thats one way to avoid giving up your liquid carry on items at the airport!

Gotta love drudge.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:10 pm

I always consider Matt Drudge to be my first line of news.

Edit: Also, it's "the Democratic Party." Just a heads up, guy.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Postby Xisiqomelir » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:39 pm

Ragorn wrote:Edit: Also, it's "the Democratic Party." Just a heads up, guy.

I thought I could squeeze "nomination" into the title, but no luck.
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:45 pm

I agree with Corth, though I think some Democratic party members who are also political junkies are erring in that they think the 2008 Presidential race is a done deal no matter who the nominees are from the two parties. Just look at the tortoise and the hare.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”