For all you online gaming terrorists out there...

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Osheara
Sojourner

For all you online gaming terrorists out there...

Postby Osheara » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:31 am

...Beware, the government is onto you! Let the profiling begin!

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/0 ... ies-w.html
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:54 am

ROFL! Can think of a couple people Bush wants to talk to.........
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:02 am

Heh.. this actually seems like a really interesting 'outside the box' idea. A huge virtual community that can essentially be used as a ready made laboratory for developing techniques that can be used to profile personalities in the real world. It very well might not work, but this is the type of thing worth pursuing.

Think about it. These virtual games are just surrogates for real life. The same ambition that makes someone work hard in school, get a degree, toil endless hours for that promotion.. its the same thing that makes some of us devote inordinate hours to advancing in our virtual world. It just goes quicker in virtual space. Instead of 20-30 years to reach the top of your profession, maybe a year or two. Its almost as if the virtual community concentrates the emotions of its real life players. I have always believed that real life lessons could be extracted from our virtual gaming experiences.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:48 pm

Yes, but I spawncamp much less frequently in real life.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:06 pm

I got a cease-and-desist letter from the CIA yesterday for a killtrocity :(

Damn the man.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”