TorilMUD on Wikipedia

Archived discussion from Toril-2.
Botef
Sojourner

TorilMUD on Wikipedia

Postby Botef » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:56 pm

I noticed there has been some discussion about the TorilMUD entry on wikipedia lately that someone from here could probably address and fix so the entry isn't removed.

It also relates to the information on TorilMUD's about and credits page that could probably use some revisions assuming the below statements are accurate.

You can see the discussion page here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:TorilMUD

1. "Following leadership roles on Copper 2 MUD from 1990-1992, Kris and some friends created Black Knights MUD" This is *very* wrong. Kris and "his friends" did not create Black Knights Realm. Black Knight's Realm (based on Copper II code) was owned by Van Vangor (Zig) and was run on the server at UCF. The coders were Barlows and Myrrh. Kris (Miax) became an area writer on BK shortly before it was taken down by Zig. When BK folded, Zig gave Kris some zones to use in his own MUD. Kris and his friends were not involved with the creation of BK at all. I was one of the Gods (Pez) on BK at the time that Miax started writing for the MUD.

2. SojournMUD was created by Miax (Kris Kortright), Gond (John) and Cython (Time Devlin). Since these names are, or, at least WERE, in the MUD credits, they should be replicated here as well.

Credits on TorilMUD: http://www.torilmud.org/maininfocredits.htm

Roan Art 01:34, 18 May 2007 (UTC) (Eileen Kortright [Mystra])

---

In addition above items, the text claims that the layout of the city of Waterdeep in Sojourn/Toril was used as the basis for the city of Waterdeep in EverQuest. Except that there is no such city in EverQuest. I presume that they mean that it was the basis for the city of Freeport in EverQuest, as they do share some characteristics and locations. Is this correct?

Cheers!
Sunamit group-says 'imrex west, tibek backstab touk i think his name is on entry'
// Post Count +1
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:02 am

Wow that entry needs a complete overhaul - there is a lot of history to SojournMUD that should be detailed and updated accordingly.
BEER
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:34 pm

Yeah its a pretty crappy entry. References to "our" mud. Too much POV.

Kind of dig seeing mystra pop in to comment on the veracity of the article. Mystra... come back, we need a forger! *panic*
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:33 pm

What that entry needs most is a link to Dagos, overlord of the pitfiend shrugging yet another garotte attempt. Pat?
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:51 am

I can't believe they removed the Dagos page! It was informative and accurate to be sure!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:19 am

OMG no please.. I was NOT serious.

Fun times.. threats of deletion for hanging in the menu after camping. Two hours writing an acceptable character description. Intense scrutiny of the guild creation manifesto... and we still never could officially form our guild.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.

Return to “General Discussion Archive”