Where do i get this game ?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Riknan
Sojourner

Where do i get this game ?

Postby Riknan » Sun Oct 12, 2003 1:48 am

Sorry for the silly question but is this game downloaded ? bought at stores ?
and is there a monthly subscription cost , I just happened to find a link to this site and want to try this game out i am a EQ player since nov of 2000 and always looking for new ones to try.

Thank you in advance for any info

:?:
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Oct 12, 2003 2:08 am

go into run menu and type "telnet torilmud.org 9999"

there are other programs you can use to connect to the game too, such as zMUD. www.zuggsoft.com
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Savras
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Savras » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:53 pm

If I were you, I'd go to www.zuggsoft.com and get zmud, then try it. With just plain vanilla telnet you don't get the colors and its much harder to see what you're typing in the spam... so give it a fair shake and get zmud. (or an equivalent)

I first tried mudding with telnet and was totally turned off of it, didn't try it again for 2-3 yrs when another friend got me to download zmud and try.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Oct 13, 2003 2:55 pm

Download the latest version of Zmud. It will allow you to use it in a free trial mode for about 3 weeks. If you decide to buy it and stick with mudding, you only pay a fee once for it. They have a fail safe put in to prevent people from permanently loosing their registration number incase you format or something.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Oct 13, 2003 3:34 pm

There is no fee to play. Many of us are poor and are forced to mud naked, but don't let that turn you off from the experience. And we do this for a personal gain in fun, we're not communists. Zmud will charge you a one time fee to register their software, but that's not a big deal because you can try it free for 30 days and there are existing free versions of it if you don't feel like paying for it. Just depends on your preferences.

Muds can be very confusing if you've never played one before, but I think they're more fun than the graphics-based games once you get involved with the world. If you roll a character and need help with whatever, send a tell to Mitharx/vaden/azerost in the form of tell mitharx *message here*, etc. with the other names or type nhc (newbie help channel) *message here* and people can help ya. We encourage all the new players we get here to stay because we're lonely lonely people. Oh and it's more fun to have many people to interact with.
Orku
Sojourner

Postby Orku » Mon Oct 13, 2003 7:41 pm

Or you can use Gmud witch is totally free, and never have to pay a dime, if your super cheap like me. But it lacks several options that zmud has.
Zissa OOC: 'orku i will go to class for you if you go to work for me'
You OOC: 'if you don't mind me going naked'
Zissa OOC: 'sure its a bunch of sailors'
You OOC: 'got screwed on that one'

Senosa gets a bright green pillow.
Senosa says 'Pillow fight.....'
moritheil
Sojourner

Re: Where do i get this game ?

Postby moritheil » Mon Oct 13, 2003 9:34 pm

Riknan wrote:Sorry for the silly question but is this game downloaded ? bought at stores ?
and is there a monthly subscription cost , I just happened to find a link to this site and want to try this game out i am a EQ player since nov of 2000 and always looking for new ones to try.

Thank you in advance for any info

:?:

Welcome Riknan! =) I personally think of EQ as the commercialized, pay-to-play version of Toril.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”