Bards and the Yakster...

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Iyachtu
Staff Member - Coder

Bards and the Yakster...

Postby Iyachtu » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:47 am

Well, I get asked frequently about what I'm concocting for bards, and I'd like to take a second to explain the situation...

I spent, at a minimum, 6 solid months going over the class, the plans for the change, methods of implementation, actual coding, debugging, implementation, adjustments, and the like.

Sorry, to say, but after about 3,000 lines of code, I'm really, really burned out on bards. It's not that I don't love the class, or the people who play it, but it took so much of my time and energy for so long that it's really hard for me to get into them at this point.

We have plenty of other coders here who are familiar with them, however, so don't take my own personal situation as an indication that no one will do any work on them.

I was never a bard on any incarnation of the mud until after my revemp on S3. It wasn't something I decided to do because I had a personal affinity for them, but because I saw a class badly in need of an overhaul, and wanted to be sure it happened.

I'm sorry if this disappoints any of the bards or battlechanters out there, but it's my reality, so to speak.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Oct 29, 2003 4:09 am

8)

Bards rule now, so I don't see what people are complaining about.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:49 am

i'd still like a spell that lets us sing just as well w/out an instrument and another to circle while we sing.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”