questions about entering a fight

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

questions about entering a fight

Postby Abbayarra » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:28 pm

I have asked high level illusionists about this, also posted in the past.
I want to know why when my shade is tanking when I cast attack spells
sometimes I am brought into the fight and sometimes I am not brought into the fight. For example, against the buffalo I enter the fight when I throw an attack spell. The other bigger question is when the mob does a missed hitall while stunned fighting my shade why am I sometimes brought into the fight and other times I am not brought into the fight?

I am just curious and would love to know the factors that determine these occurances.
Abbayarra
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Oct 29, 2003 5:51 pm

Certain mobs automatically cause you to engage when you aren't tanking. A couple mobs in the forest by dk, for example..when you cast on them while an ele is tanking, whap, now you're assisted somehow. Not too many mobs that way, but it's annoying, cuz you have to flee or retreat out.
Ulnd/Folrath
Sojourner

Postby Ulnd/Folrath » Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:45 pm

Can't say I've ever had this happen to me. Especially on buffalos. I think I'd have to see it to believe it. Are you sure you didn't flee out after a switch, then come back in too fast and the mob still has you targeted? Sometimes, because the shade hits so poorly, the mob doesn't re-target the shade very fast. As far as Hitall is concerned, it usually doesn't make you engage in my experience.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

figured one part out

Postby Abbayarra » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:12 pm

I figured out that during hitall if the mob makes a successful check and actually swings at me whether it hits or not, it engages me. If the hitall does not succeed in targeting me I remain not engaged.
The other part is still a mystery.
Abbayarra
Sojourner

figured one part out

Postby Abbayarra » Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:12 pm

I figured out that during hitall if the mob makes a successful check and actually swings at me whether it hits or not, it engages me. If the hitall does not succeed in targeting me I remain not engaged.
The other part is still a mystery.
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:43 pm

Try waiting a round or so also. I found that if my mental misses a mob in the first round and I assist I often end up tanking. You can see this proven when a mob attacks you but his first attack stumbles. He won't be aggro to you if you moved.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:27 am

8)

Some mobs like rhemoraz do auto-engage you when you cast a spell at them.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”