Evil vs. Goodie Zone Tactics.

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Fri Nov 14, 2003 9:11 pm

Ashiwi wrote:You get the One-Eyed bludgeon of crushing from a bag of holding.

Unh hunh... do I hold that, or does it strap on?

Maybe BOTH!
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:50 am

Sesexe wrote:
Tasan, we were joking around. And if you READ what it says, Todreal was actually praising goodies and harping on evils ya dink.

I was referring to numerous posts over the past 2 weeks by Tod, not just the one I happened to post after.

T
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:48 am

Tasan wrote:I was referring to numerous posts over the past 2 weeks by Tod, not just the one I happened to post after.

There are very clear and obvious differences between the two sides of the game from a zoning standpoint. Discussion of them might not mean much to some people, but generalizations like the ones that I've been stating are true to a large degree, and might help people understand things a bit more. I am attempting to share what knowledge I have. Please share your own knowledge if you wish to change the course of the discussion.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:57 pm

Well instead of just giving broad generalizations across the board, you could summarize reasons why certain things get done a certain way.

For one, take the crypts "shortcut". For some of us that play only a couple times a week, and less than a few hours at a time, it might not be feasible to sit up for hours and hours hoping a CR will get done in time for us to get a couple hours of sleep before work the next day. If taking the shortcut amounts to less deaths/less lost time, then I'd say everyone wins. If the immortals thought this to be twinkish behavior, or beyond the scope of the zone, they could have made the mobs block or made a key and so on and so forth.

I don't particularly stand by most of the "run to the mob and fold in group" ways of doing things, but with summer long gone, most people have resumed a tight schedule which allows for less time online, and therefore more debate over what is worth doing or not, and how much time to spend on doing whatever it is they are doing.

The major factor for some zones becoming far too easy is the implementation of code for which those area makers could not forsee. It is then up to the current areas staff to ensure that things get done in a manner they deem as fair/worthy. Personally, I don't think the current situation lends itself to such changes, as people are upset so much at the current redistribution of eq.

I think the major factor involved in all of this is people's opinion. Not everyone is going to be happy with every little change, and those that have seen a zone for years and done it time and again with the same tactics are suddenly saying "this isn't worth my time anymore", and perhaps it really isn't. I think many people had expectations regarding certain pieces of equipment that should have been changed in one way or another, only to have those items changed drastically in different directions.

There should have been an open forum for selected high level players to discuss with the areas staff the upcoming change. I think this would have been a good go-between and helped soften the blow of the changes. Also, we might have avoided many of the seemingly ludicrous changes to the playerbase.

But that's just my .02...

T
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Uzzel
Sojourner

Postby Uzzel » Tue Nov 25, 2003 7:32 am

Yayaril wrote:
thanuk wrote:rofl

Remember when there was actually a chance that if you died, you really might not get your corpse back? Those days are long gone, my friend...

Who says the good ol' days were all that good anyhow?

I say so. It was the days when after useing 20 hours trying to CR from CC or some other zone you truely learned who you could and could not trust. Those was the times you got close bonds with people across timeszones willing to put just as much time and dedication into this game as yourself. You found the people you wanted to risk your many, many hours worth of eq with and you knew they would do anything within their power to get it back.

Those was the times I learned to know the people I got honoured in founding a guild with. A guild lasting from the remains of toril though s2 and far into s3 only to be a shadow of the past now the game once again is called torilmud.

Uzzel
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:13 am

i just dont understand why ya need a shortcut
its a 30 min zone...unless somethings seriously changed....
MoM-D
Originally posted by Baikalisan:
There once was a girl named Pinky
Who liked to flash and get kinky
We gave her some cash
She went down in a flash
And made us all squirm like a slinky!
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:23 am

those were good times uzzel
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”