eq that is worn in 2 slots

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.

What do you think

another loser dude, where do you come up with these
96%
dang thats the first thing youve said that i can agree with a little
4%

Total votes: 25
kiryan
Sojourner

eq that is worn in 2 slots

Postby kiryan » Wed Nov 19, 2003 12:54 am

For the longest time I've thought the way we stat eq that can be worn in 2 spots is backwards.

EQ that can be worn in two spots should have less possible max stats than eq that can only be worn in one.

my problem is this, when you lopside one slot, especially a slot where you can double up the effect, you reduce whats available everwhere else. One might argue that you can't have 20 hp leggings because player hps are out of control, well, where are all the hps?

Rings are the best example... 60+ hps in one slot.
2/2 earrings and 3 dam bracelets are another example.

If you made the max dam available on wrists 2, then you could make the max on legs and arms 3. Now your probably thinking thats just a wash, and you need more variety on slots where you can wear 2 so you can make more varied eq for the slot. Well what about things like 4 dam bracelets which happened in the past. 2 of those has a much bigger effect than if someone impd a single 4 dam boot.

One recent item, 5 max int neck item. Max int was already at around 37. With this new item were now up to 47? One item raised the achievable maxint by over 25%.

A second thought, it would be nice if you could flag eq "unique" IE you can only wear one. You could have two heartstone of sakslaan, but you could only equip one.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:32 am

8)

What are you even asking?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Nov 19, 2003 6:22 am

I think he's asking something like "hey guys, what do you think about downgrading more equipment?"
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Nov 19, 2003 9:01 am

what? downgrading post from him and it's got nothing to do with elementalist? :P
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:46 am

agree totally kiryan, all chars should have only one arm, except for dwarfs which should have no arms and more beard slots...

I think that is what he was asking?
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Nov 19, 2003 3:21 pm

I think he said downgrade everything and upgrade SPoB more.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
othelil
Sojourner

Postby othelil » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:33 pm

I completely missed any form of coherence that might have been present in that post. Someone want to enlighten me what the heck the question is?
Despite the high cost of living it remains popular.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:50 pm

He wants to wear one of his rings on... you know... and he's willing to give up some of the stats on it if they'll let him.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:58 pm

You're trying to say that his brain is so small that his head has shrunk to fit it, Ashiwi?
taelin
Sojourner

Postby taelin » Thu Nov 20, 2003 9:16 pm

sooo constructive.

The point was good.

Eq that can be worn multiple times (earrings, neck, wrists and fingers) has a bigger impact than the more substantial parts of your body. Yes in D&D jewlery items are inherently more magical, but then again, you dont have 24 eq slots in D&D.

any increase in one of these slots counts double, so when silver bands came in the game caster hp got not the 10hp upgrade but a 20hp upgrade. 18hp earrings netted 6hp over the 15hp earrings... how many times have we seen sleeves get 6hp upgrades let alone 20hp?

Sobu
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:51 am

I dunno, how many tickets have presold for the third episode of Lord of the Full Plate Mail?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:14 pm

Sarell wrote:agree totally kiryan, all chars should have only one arm, except for dwarfs which should have no arms and more beard slots...

I think that is what he was asking?

GOLD.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Waelos
Sojourner

Postby Waelos » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:35 pm

Dude, Ragorn. . I almost choked on an Almond. That is a riot.

I didnt really understand Kiryan. . . I thought he was asking if it would be cool to have hats you could wear on your feet. . . or bracelets you could wear as anklets. . or somesuch.

What would be cool is having a reversible jacket. One side is 50HP -10 save breath. . the other is +4 +4!

RAR!

Lost.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”