This is just plain wrong!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Tuga
Sojourner

This is just plain wrong!

Postby Tuga » Wed Dec 10, 2003 12:11 pm

257h/257H 89v/119V P: std > n
The Street of Silks
Exits: -N -E -S -W
A drow raider creeps through the area.
A shady looking youth is standing here, eyeing you with a devious glace.
n
< 257h/257H 89v/119V P: std > n

A drow raider misses you with his slash.
Your pierce enshrouds a drow raider in a mist of blood!
A drow raider misses you with his slash.
< 257h/257H 89v/119V T: Birple TC: excellent E: raider EC: nasty wounds P: std > Sorry, you aren't allowed to do that in combat.
gsay *** Nasty Wounds ***
< 257h/257H 89v/119V T: Birple TC: excellent E: raider EC: nasty wounds P: std > Sorry, you aren't allowed to do that in combat.
< 257h/257H 89v/119V T: Birple TC: excellent E: raider EC: nasty wounds P: std > But you are a member of no group?!
< 257h/257H 89v/119V T: Birple TC: excellent E: raider EC: nasty wounds P: std >
A drow raider is nearly slain by the force of your pierce!
A drow raider slumps to the ground.
You successfully pierce a drow raider, his lifeless body falls to the ground.
a drow raider is dead! R.I.P.
A drow raider slumps to the ground.
You receive your share of experience.

Cheerz
Tuga the Sunless Troll polimorphed into a Barbarian by the evil no evil-pbase God
Guw
Sojourner

Postby Guw » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:05 pm

I heard a rumor that one of the drow houses has taken out a bunch of contracts on evils that are playing goodies :)

.. but seriously ..

there's a few scalers playing evil now and thats great..

still a problem with clerics though - twice in the last week I have been in an evil zone group waiting for a cleric to log on, that after an hour or so just disbanded because no clerics were around.

This isn't blaming the evil clerics.. the poor buggers must get spammed out everytime they log on.

No clerics at the top end of the game then there's no game.

*cleric, pass me the whine*

So in some slow time I took out my level 36 cleric thinking *I'm sick of this I'm gonna level this cleric up* and after unleashing my mighty torrent of cleric spell rage into a DK war leader it was at few wounds and I sat down for 200s of prayer. After 10mins of mem outs war leader was dead for 1%, and then I remembered why I stopped playing evil cleric, it's just damn boring leveling one up.

By comparison, most reasonably equiped level 20 troll warriors can solo a DK war leader in less time than it takes my cleric at 36th level. By level 36 a troll warrior will be soloing archer captain, which my cleric will last 1-2 rounds against before an embarrasing death.

The main problem is that a healer isn't really needed by any evil group until about 42+ when it becomes an absolute necessity for zoning, until then you are the 5th wheel xp leech, or you solo for shitty xp. Maybe this is different on goodie side (without regening tanks), and full healing clerics are lusted after at any level, I don't know.

Conclusion:
evil clerics no group and no solo = no upcoming evil clerics = no game at top end and a zone group with probably 400 days of combinded playtime sits on its ass getting annoyed.

Give clerics a little more offense, double the damage done by harm, this might offset the (necessary) melee downgrade they copped a year ago, and will help more evil clerics get up to levels useful for zoning.

*whine finished, we're outa here*
Last edited by Guw on Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:27 pm

Always falls on deaf ears complaining about clerics. Their offense is a complete joke. Their exp tables are a pain. T minus x min and counting for 'Clerics are fine _or_ play another class' In preparation, I'm stretching my middle finger. It just may be its finest hour!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:00 pm

Last edited by Sesexe on Wed Dec 17, 2003 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Wed Dec 10, 2003 10:29 pm

Evils should play clerics or stop whining about the lack of them.
Guw
Sojourner

Postby Guw » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:14 pm

Evils should play clerics or stop whining about the lack of them.

A troll sings "There's a hole in the bucket, dear Eliza."

People don't play evil because of lack of clerics means it can be difficult to organize a zone group. This problem is a long term problem for evils.

Clerics are probably the weakest class in the game when it comes to mid-level soloing for xp (borderline with enchanter).

Clerics are a luxury, not a necessity, in evil xp groups.

Increase mid-level cleric offence so they can solo-xp at a reasonable rate in a low p-base environment.

Increase mid-level cleric offence so they can contribute to evil-xp groups where healing is rarely needed.

More people will play evil cleric, which is absolutely needed for zoning, which is what Torilmud is about.

If mid-level cleric offence is increased and the mud becomes over-run with over-powered clerics (LOL) then it's easy to change back, right?
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:47 pm

I have one of those evil clerics that rarely play, but I always log on when asked if I'm not doing anything. I appreciate fully each and everyone who helped to get my ress spell, each and every group member on my experience trips. There are many evils I will always cherish as friends, some are acquaintences, others I simply dislike ..

In no way am I ungrateful, I played the class because my guild asked me to, and I loved the idea of being a resser, healing the wounded, etc. My trip to 50 wasnt really hard, I formed/led the xp groups and I levelled pretty fast. To me the xp tables were fine, the damage or lack thereof acceptable, and in return I got access to the MOST powerful spell on the mud, ressurect ...

I don't know what else to say but play the class you enjoy, and you will play it well ... You cannot ask others to play classes you will not, or cannot, and not just anyone can play a cleric.

-Jennifer
Last edited by Ambar on Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Wed Dec 10, 2003 11:48 pm

Why is it that there's constantly evils whining that it's oh so unfair for them because trolls are powerful for xping and other classes aren't?
Guw
Sojourner

Postby Guw » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:08 am

Why is it Stamm that you have nothing constructive to add to this thread?

The fact is that in the past 12 months probably 4 evil clerics have made it past 40.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:10 am

Because you're just bleating for upgrades.

'Oh my! It's too hard to solo as a cleric compared to a troll'
Guw
Sojourner

Postby Guw » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:20 am

You are wrong, in fact you are briming with wrongability.

I am "bleating" about the evil p-base dying for lack of clerics. I am suggesting one strategy that might, perhaps, increase the chance of evils zoning occassionally.

Now wouldn't that be nice :)
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:35 am

I'm maybe wrong in your opinion.

But is this not what you are saying?

Trolls tanks can solo things way above their level.

Because of them being so powerful they don't need clerics.

In another thread we've got some people saying that ogres aren't as good as trolls, so upgrade ogres. And another we've got some people saying that all evil tanks need an upgrade to catch up on trolls.

So we've got folks like yourself saying upgrade clerics/ugres/duergar/etc

I disagree with you. There's always people latetly bleating for upgrades for evils, you guys when you have a group can outperform goodie groups, so why do you need upgrades?

The evil pbase was voted to be low because of the attititude you guys have, not because of clerics being unable to solo mobs 10 levels above them.
Ace
Sojourner

Postby Ace » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:40 am

I've never played a cleric, but they appear fine to me. I know they don't have any really powerful offensive spells....probably because they are healers not damage machines. Don't get me wrong i think evils need more clerics but i don't think upgrading their damage is the answer. I vote from now on if we level one up we force them to play forever.

Ace
[48 Elementalist] Acedizaken (Duergar) (RP)
Guw
Sojourner

Postby Guw » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:33 am

Stamm try to imagine what it is like to play on the evil side - twice in the last week I have been in an evil zone group that has formed and then disbanded for lack of cleric.

There is a pile of corpses shoulder deep in DK at the moment.

Evils are leveling goodies because rarely do the evils zone.

I am suggesting increasing the power of mid-level cleric offence to help cleric xp-ing. In particular the cleric harm/cause critic spells I think should do double it's current damage. Leave full harm as it is.

The increase in cleric damage would be irrelevent above 40, but help a cleric get to zonable level quicker. Above 40 the cleric leveling speed would be the basically same as it is now.

If people believe evils aren't worth saving then that's a different matter, just don't expect us to go down quietly :P
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:12 am

Downgrade troll regen. Problem solved.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Tuga
Sojourner

Postby Tuga » Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:52 am

Why was this post hijacked???

My initial problem was why is there a drow raider in the middle of WD?

Cheerz
Tuga the Sunless Troll polimorphed into a Barbarian by the evil no evil pbase god.
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:06 am

Tuga wrote:Why was this post hijacked???

Cheerz
Tuga the Sunless Troll polimorphed into a Barbarian by the evil no evil pbase god.

Ooh thanks for the clarification, I truly didnt know wtf the original idea was in your post after reading most of the replies.

He snuck up through the Yawning Portal INN obviously.
BEER
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:11 am

er..yeah..ok..

clerics level quite fine when they do a lot of healing xp. i remember when tey was low i was in tower with..who was it?...baik?...dont remember..we hit 31 at the same time. two hours later he/she was 32 and i was 31.4.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:10 pm

Tuga wrote:Why was this post hijacked???

Yeah, I'm wondering why the hell Guw decided to gank your worldload weirdness thread . . .

I've seen that silly drow raider pop up in some other places. The most annoying was when he somehow got into a room in ET 1 south of some guard mobs that didn't wander but in the patrol path of some guards that did wander while we were memming. That, er, proved a bit disruptive to the normal zoning process when some of those guards joined in on things.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:12 pm

I killed him in the city of the dead earlier today.
Guw
Sojourner

Postby Guw » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:17 pm

Was responding to:

Tuga the Sunless Troll polimorphed into a Barbarian by the evil no evil-pbase God
Werg
Sojourner

Postby Werg » Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:56 pm

at least the name of the thread still rings true
rarlaj
Sojourner

Postby rarlaj » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:37 pm

Ok this is a standing invitation....

if you are an evil cleric and need help leveling... contact me in game...

Rarlaj (orc shaman), Rarlag (ogre warrior)

5th wheel leaches welcome... please bring a open mind and closed mouth...

Rarlaj
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sun Dec 14, 2003 7:23 pm

Sorry, I say stuff... Guess I should stay good then 8(

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”