Halfling strength

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
old depok
Sojourner

Halfling strength

Postby old depok » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:44 pm

This past weekend I tried to CR a group in Brass with my Halfling rogue. I loaded up on the +max_Str gear stealing a bunch from lili. I got to 126 str and was raring to go.

I was able to drag elves, gnomes, halflings, and a couple of Hoomans.

I was unable to drag a human druid, barbs, dwarves, etc.

I think I had all slots that were possible for +max_str except boots covered:

Ear
Ear
Neck
neck
About body
Gloves
wrist
wrist

So my question is, how high do I need my strength to be to be able to drag a silly human as a halfling?

I love playing my halfling rogue but have started to level up a dwarf rogue because I can not CR people effectively as a halfling.

Now I know halflings get compensated for the hit in str. I understand that they have the best dex by a good margin.

But can we either lower their str notch to something that is reasonable or for the love of god can we get some spectacles of corpse dragging, hat of golds gym endowment, leggings of massively overpowered strength, ring of the strength for you wee ones, and the armor of corpse glamour?

Pretty please?

Throw the halflings out there a bone.

I will agree not to quest a kanjari dagger in exchange for this type gear! Provided that it allows me to drag the dead people who zone with me!
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:47 pm

halflings are damage machines! if they could drag, id be a halfling too!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:54 pm

8)

How about lowering halfling dexterity and removing hamstring in return for some strength?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Dec 10, 2003 5:56 pm

Can't you achieve that same effect now by playing a human?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:04 pm

Rofl you think that is bad? Try illithid str. With my normal 69 str I can't drag my empty corpse unless its reduced. With 100 str I can't drag my empty enlarged corpse (about 175lbs).
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:53 pm

Yeah it's a pretty sad fact of life for a halfling rouge that if you want to drag any dwarves or barbarians you're going to have to load up on 121+ max str, enlarge, and earth embody.

Thank you, drive through.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:54 pm

.... Or just do what all the other power-gamers do and roll a dwarf rogue! Problem solved :)
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Dec 10, 2003 6:58 pm

That's right, what the world needs now is more dwarven rogues!
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:24 pm

Yeah what can you do? Halfling rogues rock low to mid levels due to their constant extra attack and high backstab/circle success rates. But at the zone levels, halflings can't hold a candle to the tubby dorf.

The damage dealt by the extra dexterity attack of halflings is comparable to the dorf's high critical and vital strike rates (based almost entirely on strength). The 4 extra hitroll is less desirable than the 3 extra damroll on a dorf. That leaves halflings with one extra agility notch that grants an extra 8 AC points, while dorf gets 50 more hit points. And concerning max stats, dwarves can get max strength and dexterity with just one item, while halflings require two to three of each. And don't forget the other annoyances of halflings, where their load is always light to moderate and their low movement points burn out all too fast.

And a rogue that can't CR is a limited rogue indeed. But halflings have to have some disadvantage... if they could drag just by wearing a few max_strength items, there would be little point to human and elven rogues.

But on the other hand, halflings probably do make the best bards.
Iyachtu
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Iyachtu » Thu Dec 11, 2003 12:46 am

Hey, don't be touching my halfling warrior's dex! It comes in extremely handy (particularly since I never play him). Other than the fact that he's at moderate load wearing eq that my dorf is at paltry, and the fact that he can bash say... 10% of the creatures out there, he rocks!

Incidentally, the dwarf isn't going to have an extra 50 hit points unless the halfling got a fairly poor con.

Oh, and the fact that he can't wield 2-handed weapons.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:13 am

try dragging an ogre as an evil race other than duergar or troll. now try it without spells!

thought so.
Iyachtu
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Iyachtu » Fri Dec 12, 2003 9:42 pm

Teyaha wrote:try dragging an ogre as an evil race other than duergar or troll. now try it without spells!

thought so.

OK. Can I use an Ogre?
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Dec 13, 2003 12:40 pm

My only problem with the str issue is that while a halfling can't even drag 1 barb corpse, a dwarf can drag 5+ at a time...this seems a bit whacked. If you are going to limit a halfling to dragging little corpses based on the reality of leverage and str, then nobody should be able to drag more than 2 corpses at a time. Most people should only be able to drag one, since dead weight is the worst to tote around. Either fix it so halflings can defy logic or all other races have to be restricted by it as well.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:13 pm

Iyachtu wrote:
Teyaha wrote:try dragging an ogre as an evil race other than duergar or troll. now try it without spells!

thought so.

OK. Can I use an Ogre?

some naked ogres cant drag their fully eq'd corpses either!!
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Dec 14, 2003 5:47 am

8)

Isn't the name of this thread some manner of oxy-moron.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Dec 16, 2003 6:06 am

an ogre can carry 10k coins on his person and his gear and be at moderate.

Fear the "Extremely heavy" ogre.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”