Awareness

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Kaede
Sojourner

Awareness

Postby Kaede » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:46 am

I'm really curious what the staff were thinking when they put in the new change for awareness. Why is it that unarguably a skill for every rogue/ranger/dire in the game was so incredibly wuss to learn at the beginning of the wipe? Why wasn't everyone's awareness in the game at the time of the change just reset to something low? This would have been the fair decision.

Honestly the uselessness of this skill are insane, and pretty much every single notch at the moment only required spamming the no-lag skill and maybe 10-15 seconds to learn. There's no way that should be.

One of my friends who plays every day is still trying to max his awareness even after we knew what we needed to do for a couple of months. I think we should reset everyone's awareness skill to 50 and have them relearn it like everyone else.

Awareness is also absurdly overpowered. It totally owns listen, surprise, and shadow, and I think it needs a serious looking into.

Also, I have several rogues with maxed awareness, so don't try to pull that "you're just jealous of other people's maxed skills" stuff. I am only concerned with game balance, so unless you have maxed awareness and know what it takes to max the skill now, go away.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:17 am

Awareness does something now?

Holy crap, I don't even know what to say. What's next, surprise? Trap? :)
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:42 am

Don't touch my maxed skills!
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:45 am

It's even steven. Old chars had a sucky roller but were able to practice awareness easier, while new players have an über roller but not-so-easy awareness notch.

What about those players who spent 200,000 platinum to max out disguise while the newer plaers can max it out without spending anyting? Should all old players get their disguise skill maxed out for free or a 200,000platinum reimbursement?
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Sat Dec 13, 2003 3:01 am

On a lesser note, tanking practice got harder when it was decided that ac was checked before skills. There were some tweaks, but its still much harder than it used to be.
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:01 pm

8)

Did you pay 200,000 platinum to max out disguise, Nokie?

If so, all I can say is: HAHAAA!
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:20 pm

This is a disturbing trend I'm seeing. You think everytime anything is changed we should make sure to retroactively change it for all current players? Right. It's never going to happen. We do our best to be as fair as possible, but really...who cares if someone notched a skill easier before a change? (That happened what, 6 months ago? Little late now.)
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:50 pm

That is just rediculous. Awareness, which is semi-useful in very specific situations, is not that big of a deal. Stop being a pansy and practice.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Dec 13, 2003 4:56 pm

What were the changes made to awareness?
Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:14 pm

Hmm, I guess some of you guys missed the parody of this post :P

Could we make this reflective skill a little easier to notch? It is extremely difficult atm, even when you intentionall take backstabs or try to watch people sneak around.
Last edited by Kaede on Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:17 pm

-removed Kifle's waste of bandwidth-

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:52 pm

Kifle wrote:That is just rediculous. Awareness, which is semi-useful in very specific situations, is not that big of a deal. Stop being a pansy and practice.

It may be hard, but try not to be such a jackass. I suggest rereading the original post, slowly, and this time, correctly. Have someone else interpret it for you if you still cannot grasp what is written and how it has already addressed the issue in your post.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:06 pm

Dude, don't talk down to me. You are not smarter, nor will you ever be as smart as me. You obvoiusly have no idea what the hell you are talking about. I was implying that this skill is virtualy useless and bitching about how fast people used to notch it is rediculous. You are being an idiot. I see this, shev see's this, the rest of the posters see this. The only person that can't see this is you.

-again, removed Kifle's link to stupid pictures, and will continue to do so until Kifle stops linking them-

Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:19 pm

I'm sorry Kifle, but please stop posting. No one was bitching about how easy the skill used to be to learn, and I'm certainly not complaining about that. I was just suggesting that awareness be made easier to notch, and I used Dizzin's humorous khanjari thread as a template.

I don't need to assume I'm smarter than you. You still don't get the post, but whatever. I guess you opted not to have someone interpret its intent for you because you still don't get it, and you also decided to go with the jackass option.
Ihazim
Sojourner

Postby Ihazim » Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:23 pm

I think the sarcasm went over Kifle's head :p
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Dec 13, 2003 7:33 pm

Kaede wrote:No one was bitching about how easy the skill used to be to learn, and I'm certainly not complaining about that.

Kaede wrote:Why is it that unarguably a skill for every rogue/ranger/dire in the game was so incredibly wuss to learn at the beginning of the wipe?

Lose your short term memory? Anyway, you are beeing a major asshat. Of all the things to whine about, you choose this. Some people will just whine about anything, wont they? Why would you make the easiest rogue skill to notch, notch faster?!?!?! I guess I might not have understood the intent of your original post because it was insanly retarded, and I usually don't let my cognative functions run at such a low level. Anyway, it's not going to be changed, period. Now go back to the comfort of Thanuk's mom's bussom and let her moo you a lullaby.

Kaede
Sojourner

Postby Kaede » Sat Dec 13, 2003 8:29 pm

Let me dumb it down for you, Kifle, so that even a genius such as yourself can understand it.

1. The whole first post was fun sarcasm. Refer to Enchanted Khanjari Dagger thread. Note the similarity.

Kifle wrote:Why would you make the easiest rogue skill to notch, notch faster?!?!?! I guess I might not have understood the intent of your original post because it was insanly retarded, and I usually don't let my cognative functions run at such a low level. Anyway, it's not going to be changed, period.

2. Awareness was changed in terms of how you could learn it. I guess you weren't aware of that change (pun in this line cause I know you will miss it, Kifle).

3. GET A CLUE. You've misread my posts every time, you have no idea what I was referring to, made incorrect assumptions, and flamed based on your ignorance. I'm not going to waste my time with you anymore.

For others who might have misunderstood, this post was meant as humor while suggesting that we make awareness easier to learn, because it is incredibly, exceptionally difficult at the moment to do so. I meant no disrespect to the staff and I was not complaining; again, it was an attempt at humor to those who have been following recent threads.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:41 pm

LOL those pics kifle posted were good for a big laugh.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sat Dec 13, 2003 9:44 pm

1st of all: Kifle OWNS. OMG I was laughin my ass off for 5 min - :)

2nd: Even Shev posted (which I have in the past) ..all that some, more like a handful at best, feel 'Oh! An upgrade! I wanna cash in! It's just not fair!) Taxes change, up and down. People pay them all the same. When taxes drop the following year, I don't hear people saying 'Doh! I need a refund for last year because I paid too much!'

Logic demands consistency. Same if you were to have kids. You can't get your 3rd child a car, then have the others say 'Hey, his is newer than mine. I want a new one too!' Just play the game and be happy it's always improving.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Dec 13, 2003 10:21 pm

Uhm....rofl. I get it now! Point taken. :)
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:20 am

I wasn't very clear with how I worded that 2. statement. I'm saying that there are a few players that want upgrades because something new is put in. I fully disagree. They should just be happy something's easier or better. :)

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”