Quests and Crashes

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Skurg
Sojourner

Quests and Crashes

Postby Skurg » Sun Dec 14, 2003 6:07 am

Why in the world would you make prime quest items no rent or disappear on a crash? I understand that ppl would bag them and give them away, but isnt there someway to avoid that other than transient or disappearing items?

I did the Shaman quest last night as an orc and it was quite fun. I went places I have never been to because I am new to Toril. A friend with more experiences gave me general directions to things. Then let me work out all the rest. It took a couple of hours to do alone. Was so excited to get my totem spirit. When I got the last little item, I was running back to the ogre shaman when the mud crashed. When I logged back on my last item for my totem was gone! vanished. Its not like all of us are Alts of Alts and these things are all easy. (Although this quest isnt all that hard. its kind of epic if you dont know much about the mud and have to learn it the first time. Afterwards I guess it was easy.)

I died and lost my new player eq and have 3 items to my name:

You are carrying:
some hard candy (illuminating) <--thanks Rarlaj!
a small skiff
a delicate ivory mask

So things are a bit more dangerous than you think. Someday it will easy I am sure after looking at others.. but consider us new players when thinking up these quests. Not asking for anything other than a little protection of my work when the mud crashes.

Off I go to do the quest again, because reimburses arent done on crashes! You must persevere as an evil.
Gromikazer
Sojourner

Postby Gromikazer » Sun Dec 14, 2003 9:29 am

The quest is easy enough, but I understand your point on especially hard quests. As far as I know though, more then a couple items have been reimbursed for exceptionally hard quests because of crashes, though it isn't a common practice. You should hope for the best, and expect the worse.

As for the totem spirit quest, ask for some spell assistance before you use the mushrooms. A stoneskin or displace goes a long way on the spirit plane.
Gromikazer Terrorforge - 50th Duergar Warrior
Gamorakul - 49th Duergar Elementalist
Direb - 41st Orc Dire Raider
Gokal - 46th Orc Shaman
Lipopple - 40th Gnome Illusionist
Talkryn - 41st Human Anti-Paladin

Games dont make people violent, lag does.
Skurg
Sojourner

Postby Skurg » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:11 pm

Thanks for the good advice Grom. I will be sure to get a spellup b4 going to the spirit plane next time.

However I was not commenting too much on the difficulty of the quest. Just on why do quest items like the last crystal disappear on a crash?

Having played Toril for less than 19hrs total, spent mostly around DK. That was quite a walk to get the 1st part, then word back to BT and face the vines a second time - its not hard. Just tedious walking.

If this happens in other quests and other ppl have asked for reimburses on no stat quest items, then why is there not a item type that saves on crashes but it is tagged for a single player only. It cant be given to another player but *only* to a mob? I guess thats what I am asking. Toril seems to be a well thought out place, with much time spent on the character balance but much less on how items are handled - thats pretty basic in my opinion. Procs should work on somethng like this!

O well, off to better things.

Thanks again for responding, ppl on the evil side rock the newbies!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Mon Dec 15, 2003 5:16 am

That sucks man.
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Yarash
Sojourner

Re: Quests and Crashes

Postby Yarash » Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:14 pm

Skurg wrote:Why in the world would you make prime quest items no rent or disappear on a crash? I understand that ppl would bag them and give them away, but isnt there someway to avoid that other than transient or disappearing items?

That is exactly correct. You can leave the spirit world with a bag full of the gems, so if they were rentable, people would store them and just hand them out.

I think the bigger problem is that the game crashed.

Some classes may be able to help you move around faster...illithids maybe, or mages, if there are player targets available.

- Mike

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”