End the Negative Feedback, Please?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Kifle
Sojourner

End the Negative Feedback, Please?

Postby Kifle » Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:09 pm

I really do feel sorry for the gods. They put mucho time and effort with no pay for what they do here. I'm not saying that I agree with evey thing they do to solve problems or lack of response/action, but we have really been acting like spoiled brats as of late. We have come to expect a great deal with giving only negative feedback and whining about something new when something gets fixed. I'd really like to hear what the gods are actually working on in a list. I'm not trying to demand this, but I think that if the players knew exactly what was in the works, a lot of this moaning and bitching would cease to exist. I think that this is in part some fault of the gods for being secretive at times, or just un-responsive as far as the problems of balance go. We bitch because we don't see or hear much of what is going on. All we know is that "Melee is being fixed" or "such and such will be done soon". If it isn't going to be soon, don't say it. List what about melee your are trying to fix and what aspects you will actually take feedback on and what is already set in stone.

We have really lost the mutual respect that was once offered on both ends of the table, and I'd like to see that return. I hardly read the threads here anymore because they seem only to be people wanting to bitch about their class or their items and so on and so forth. I'm sure the gods feel the same way. Start posting in a manner that is positive and kind. I sure as hell wouldn't start working on something if somebody started a thread like "WTF were you thinking?!" or that paladin thread? How insensitive is that? Would you jump at the chance to work on the paladins when somebody aproaches the problems with an attitude like that? I sure as hell wouldn't, and I'm assuming that the gods aren't going to either.

Gods, give us more feedback in these posts. Give us some updates and a list of what's being worked on and what we as the players can give you feedback and Ideas on. Players, be a bit more kind and sensitive. It wont do anything but help you get the problem solved faster and help things to come. Be patient because I'm sure the melee fix is going to take some time to figure out and to code.

Peace.
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:53 am

I agree, try to give constructive suggestions and when the gods make changes don't complain right away let things play out and see. Things get adjusted the gods are not dumb, not always possible to forsee what changes will do.
Lil
Last edited by Lilithelle on Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pheten
Sojourner

Postby Pheten » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:27 am

That just about summs it up. agree.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:55 am

i r dumb
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:17 am

Haha I think lili typo'd
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:43 am

Yup, I typod, i editted the message. I did not mean to say the gods are dumb. I meant to say they are not dumb, I appologize.
Lil
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:49 am

If it's any consolation, apathy would indicate that people do not care about the mud at all.

So while it's not cheery reading, it does show that people care, and you've got to take compliments wherever you can :)
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sat Dec 20, 2003 3:24 am

Hugs lili :) shev is still dumb though :(

*flee*
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:06 am

No matter what, I still love you shev.

Yes, that way.

*touch*
Mysrel tells you 'have my babies'
You tell Mysrel 'u want me to be ur baby daddy?'
Mysrel tells you 'daddy? No, I think you have the terminology wrong'
You tell Mysrel 'comeon now we both know i would be the top'
Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:11 pm

Lilithelle wrote:Yup, I typod, i editted the message. I did not mean to say the gods are dumb. I meant to say they are not dumb, I appologize.
Lil

Freudian slip.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Mon Dec 22, 2003 12:38 pm

Negative Reply: Kifle Sucks.

That is all.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 9:44 pm

I like some of the changes, dislike others, and think some are straight up gay (in a happy sense), but I applaud the effort that everyone puts into making this a better place including the people who bitch on the boards and keep me up late at night writing retarded posts.

new topic.

Why you should appreciate GeorgeW. Bush cuz hes trying to build a better America even though his ideas may be wrong and the implementation is total crap.

I hope you all support GWB with like sentiments as displayed in this thread.

p.s. i support GWB cuz he's a man of action, perhaps misguided.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:01 pm

kiryan wrote:
Why you should appreciate GeorgeW. Bush cuz hes trying to build a better America even though his ideas may be wrong and the implementation is total crap.

We caught Saddam, there have been no terrorist attacks on the U.S. since 9/11, and the economy is no worse than it was in Clinton's last year in office. What exactly has he screwed up?

Mysrel tells you 'can be where ever you want to be, yer still getting ****** like a drunken cheerleader'
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:07 pm

thanuk wrote:
kiryan wrote:

We caught Saddam, there have been no terrorist attacks on the U.S. since 9/11, and the economy is no worse than it was in Clinton's last year in office. What exactly has he screwed up?

Heh. I was under the impression that the economy sucked. I mean, two companies I worked for in the last 2 years laid off 75%+ employees and shut down multiple facilities because customers were going bankrupt due to the.... problems with the economy!

When Clinton was in office, there were more jobs (out of college) than there were people.

When Bush came to office, I got laid off twice after getting that primo job.

Maybe I'm to simple minded to see it.
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:08 pm

And catching Saddam? This gives us nothing but time to prepare for the next one who steps up to take his place. Sad, very sad, but way to true. I just hope GW is setting up plans for the future, instead of thinking catching one man is the end of it all.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:16 pm

Cordan wrote:Heh. I was under the impression that the economy sucked. I mean, two companies I worked for in the last 2 years laid off 75%+ employees and shut down multiple facilities because customers were going bankrupt due to the.... problems with the economy!

When Clinton was in office, there were more jobs (out of college) than there were people.

Ok uhm maybe you should look at what your company did in 1999, because it probably either planned or started laying people off back during the Clinton Administration, when the economy started to take a dive. Just because Bush got elected and the shit hit the fan 2 months later, doesn't mean he had a direct impact on it. Economies cycle over years and decades, not weeks and months:)

And yeah, the economy did tank, but that's because the world trade center blew up. How much money do you think was going through that building every day? Every minute? And yet nobody thinks that the building crumbling to the ground might just have the smallest impact on the economy? P.S. even in the recession we are in, our unemployment rate is lower than 95% of the other countries of the world, including Canada, France, England, Germany...

Cordan wrote:And catching Saddam? This gives us nothing but time to prepare for the next one who steps up to take his place. Sad, very sad, but way to true.

I can't argue with that. I didn't realize that you had the ability to see the future, Cordan, but since you obviously do, there's no sense in arguing. Of course, you would think you woulda seen those layoffs coming, since you already know who will be the leader of Iraq 5 years from now.

God damn hippie.

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:31 pm

thanuk wrote: P.S. even in the recession we are in, our unemployment rate is lower than 95% of the other countries of the world, including Canada, France, England, Germany...

So thats why Fance and Germany are all pissed off that we won't let them bid on the Iraq reconstruction contracts! And they call us capitalists. hahaha :P
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:35 pm

rylan wrote:
thanuk wrote: P.S. even in the recession we are in, our unemployment rate is lower than 95% of the other countries of the world, including Canada, France, England, Germany...

So thats why Fance and Germany are all pissed off that we won't let them bid on the Iraq reconstruction contracts! And they call us capitalists. hahaha :P

Dude, I dont know if you read the news, but France is seriously FUBARed right now. 10-20 years they may revert back to 3rd world status, thats how bad it is there.

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 10:37 pm

Yeah, true... their money burn rate makes California's budget problems look like nothing. Well thats what happens when they bend over and give free everything to anyone who comes in the country. It'll be interesting when the huge Muslim population there rises up too.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:49 pm

Thanks for the hijack, but as long as we are on the topic. Thanuk, you are a prime example of the propaganda gobbling, blind american. Can you really dispute that the man's lack of intelligence? Can you dispute that he and his cabinet are not corrupt to the bone? Can you dispute that the man is almost completely ignorant of 90+% of everything that happens in the government and in his office? Has Bush not lied to the people? Can you dispute that he has blown our country's money and put into place nasty legislation? How again is he any better than clinton?

The bottom line is, the man is a puppet and a joke. His cabinet does EVERYTHING for him, and he has many many people whispering in his ear telling him what to do. I would bet my life that he has not made a single decision based on what he thinks. I'm not even sure if he is capable of thinking. To say that he is equal or better than any other president we've had before is just laughable. Those that defend the arse do it out of patriotism or because of republican propaganda.

To the first, how is it being patriotic if you follow, trust, agree with everything your country does? Wasn't this country and it's founding documents based on dissent and being able to oppose your government? So is it really being patriotic when you KNOW the man is an ass, yet you still back him?

To the second, I would only call those that swallow their spoon-fed propaganda ignorant morons that should be swiftly taken out of the genepool. We are supposed to be intelligent humans capable of free thought and logical deduction...when you believe everything you here on CNN and your wonderful biased newspapers, you throw away everything that has been granted to you by whatever created us, and spit in its face. Those that fall into these categories should be ashamed.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Tue Dec 23, 2003 11:53 pm

thanuk wrote:
Cordan wrote:Heh. I was under the impression that the economy sucked. I mean, two companies I worked for in the last 2 years laid off 75%+ employees and shut down multiple facilities because customers were going bankrupt due to the.... problems with the economy!

Ok uhm maybe you should look at what your company did in 1999, because it probably either planned or started laying people off back during the Clinton Administration, when the economy started to take a dive. Just because Bush got elected and the shit hit the fan 2 months later, doesn't mean he had a direct impact on it. Economies cycle over years and decades, not weeks and months:)

And yeah, the economy did tank, but that's because the world trade center blew up. How much money do you think was going through that building every day? Every minute? And yet nobody thinks that the building crumbling to the ground might just have the smallest impact on the economy? P.S. even in the recession we are in, our unemployment rate is lower than 95% of the other countries of the world, including Canada, France, England, Germany...

Cordan wrote:And catching Saddam? This gives us nothing but time to prepare for the next one who steps up to take his place. Sad, very sad, but way to true.

I can't argue with that. I didn't realize that you had the ability to see the future, Cordan, but since you obviously do, there's no sense in arguing. Of course, you would think you woulda seen those layoffs coming, since you already know who will be the leader of Iraq 5 years from now.

God damn hippie.

LOL! My company was hiring like mad in 1999 and 2000, breaking production records every month. And the downfall started before the WTC blew up. It started near the beginning of 2000, not the end. Yes, the attack did not help in one bit, but it's not the cause of it all. It came at the worst possible time... when the economy was in a down swing. And it was already in a downswing.

Did I put a name as to who would take over in 5 years? No. I didn't. I can't read the future. Neither can you. Unless you wipe terrorists out for good, they will always be there, and someone will always lead them. How can you argue that?

I didn't attack you Mr. Badass. Don't throw your shit back at me for speaking my mind.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:00 am

Cordan wrote:I didn't attack you Mr. Badass. Don't throw your shit back at me for speaking my mind.

Whatever man. I'll try not to disagree with you from now on:)

thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:03 am

Kifle wrote:Thanks for the hijack, but as long as we are on the topic. Thanuk, you are a prime example of the propaganda gobbling, blind american. Can you really dispute that the man's lack of intelligence? Can you dispute that he and his cabinet are not corrupt to the bone? Can you dispute that the man is almost completely ignorant of 90+% of everything that happens in the government and in his office? Has Bush not lied to the people? Can you dispute that he has blown our country's money and put into place nasty legislation? How again is he any better than clinton?

The bottom line is, the man is a puppet and a joke. His cabinet does EVERYTHING for him, and he has many many people whispering in his ear telling him what to do. I would bet my life that he has not made a single decision based on what he thinks. I'm not even sure if he is capable of thinking. To say that he is equal or better than any other president we've had before is just laughable. Those that defend the arse do it out of patriotism or because of republican propaganda.

To the first, how is it being patriotic if you follow, trust, agree with everything your country does? Wasn't this country and it's founding documents based on dissent and being able to oppose your government? So is it really being patriotic when you KNOW the man is an ass, yet you still back him?

To the second, I would only call those that swallow their spoon-fed propaganda ignorant morons that should be swiftly taken out of the genepool. We are supposed to be intelligent humans capable of free thought and logical deduction...when you believe everything you here on CNN and your wonderful biased newspapers, you throw away everything that has been granted to you by whatever created us, and spit in its face. Those that fall into these categories should be ashamed.

Wow, you a ranting psychotic:) best part is this:

Mangina wrote:when you believe everything you here on CNN and your wonderful biased newspapers, you throw away everything that has been granted to you by whatever created us, and spit in its face.

cuz CNN has been completely anti-bush since he got elected, so basically you're talking about yourself here:)

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:51 am

Yeah, I was going to comment about the CNN and media thing, but Thanuk did already. I think Kifle might get that the media is extremely biased however, he just didn't state that they are biased to the far left.
Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 pm

In general, TV media is biased to the right. There are publications which go both directions. I listen to consevative and more liberal stations all the time. The majority of what I get from conservative stations is statements of fact that leave out some key truths (such as while our GDP is currently very high economic experts have predicted that a more than a third of the growth was based on credit that will not be able to be payed back and this plunges us back to where we were before) and pure hatred of liberalism. Any statement made my a liberal group is "anti-American" because they don't follow exactly what everyone else tells them is the right thing. If someone wants to change somthing for the better, why are they considered anti-that something?

The liberal stations I listen to give very little slant to any situations. They report the bad the good and the inbetween without the "I told you so" mentality of the conservative stations. I understand why liberals have gotten a bad reputation in certain areas, but in the end all they do is seek truth in situations by looking at all factors. I find conservative points of view to be too limiting in some cases. The "no-spin" can lead to disqualifying very important factors because they are not immediate and do not support your point (like the economic growth figures, saying the credit thing is just spin!).

Conservatives are winning, but I think it's just part of who we are. Not because conservatives are the right way to be, but because you tend to see these shifts go back and forth from right to left in the nation. Moderation is nice, but not as sexy:P

As for Bush, I really do not believe he is an intelligent man. I support a government that is working towards the long run and with our ignoring of certain worldwide legal and ecological protocols, I do not think we're promoting long term growth. It seems that since 9/11 we're being pushed towards a US vs Them kind of mentality and I don't agree with it. It just seems to lead back to "we're the US and we can do what we want."

I heard a conservative talk shot host say that "[T]hese liberals believe they are citizens of the world. They are not US citizens. They think it's wrong to be patriotic." "Watch out when you send your kids to college because they'll come back spouting this marxist/leninist crap."

No one said it's wrong to be patriotic, but because we don't support every move or want to change society, we're anti-American. It's a bandwagon from hell. What's wrong with being world citizens? The world seems to be becoming more and more global and thinking of a world mindset while maintaining a more home-based view, is not unpatriotic, it's responsible. It seems easier to deny the truths in other forms of thought and dismiss them as "crap" then deal with the real strong points on either side. Consevatives dismiss liberals that do this, why then do they embrace conservatives who do the same? This is part of the reason the right is better organized.

In the end, Bush is just not taking us towards world citizen direction and it's not what I want. Also, the economic conditions are getting better, but they're not 100% better and in the end we HAD to rebound from where we were before. I really do not feel tax cuts are the solution. (Side note: Didn't Bush Senior raise taxes? Don't some conservatives say that Bush was the one who got the economy going well, not Clinton? If this is wrong say so, it's just what I remember and memory can be wrong.)
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:40 pm

Mitharx wrote:In general, TV media is biased to the right.

I disagree. FOX news is the only TV network with a conservative slant. ABC, NBC, CNN are all liberal news stations.

Mitharx wrote: (Side note: Didn't Bush Senior raise taxes? Don't some conservatives say that Bush was the one who got the economy going well, not Clinton? If this is wrong say so, it's just what I remember and memory can be wrong.)

No, the conservative line is that Reagan was responsible for the economic boom of the 90's, as his "trickle down" economic plan was supposed to take about a decade to kick in.

I don't know how much I buy it, I really think it was the result of computer technology gaining so much ground in such a short period that it created an economic swell, which eventually subsided. I don't think you can really credit any president for this, as it was the result of technological advancement, so if anything give the credit to George Washington for setting up the government to facilitate private research:)

rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:49 pm

yeah rofl.. Have you watch the major networks Mithrax? Peter Jennings and Dan Rather put sickening slants on everything they report. They're not editorialists, they're supposed to report the news. TV and print media are in general biased left (New York Times and Boston Globe are some of the worst biased crap I've seen), while radio is generally biased right.

Regarding the economy, I'm sure everyone knows by know that there is a natural cycle of up and down fo rthe national and global economy. While you can't toally avoid a downturn, it can be moderated if proper steps are taken a couple years in advance. Same with upturns, you can increase them, but that also increases the distance to go down on the other side :P

There is nothing wrong with speaking out against what the government is doing... thats one of the founding things our Constitution and country is based upon. Nothing wrong with being world citizens either. However as a US citizen we have rights that many if not all other countries do not have, and we should not be blindly giving these protections and rights to anyone who runs across the border.
Iyachtu
Staff Member - Coder

Postby Iyachtu » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:05 am

The economic boom of the 90's didn't occur until after the Republicans wrested a majority in the house away from the Democrats. The resulting gridlock between a Democratic president and a Republican house (the best of all possible scenarios) radically limited the increase in spending, and as the economy grew, we actually got into positive numbers on our yearly sheet.

The 'do nothing Congress' as it was called was the best thing that happened in the last 20 years. If spending doesn't increase, the natural GDP growth creates a positive scenario. Unfortunately, no one runs on 'doing nothing.' It ain't sexy.
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:11 am

You are right, Thanuk. I am a ranting psychotic, but at least I can form my own opinions and pronounce 5th grade words correctly. (speaking of bush, not you).

Yes, I do understand that CNN is liberal. I don't watch the news much anymore because of the slants to the left and right. They really do sicken me because there are people out there that will believe everything they hear if it follows the opinions they picked up from other people they agree with. I'm not a liberal, and I'm not a conservative. I vote for the person that will benefit my country the most. I want somebody that is intelligent and will make our country look good rather than a bunch of bullying morons. I think when I vote, I'm going to cover up the bush option, close my eyes and hope for the best.

Mitharx
Sojourner

Postby Mitharx » Thu Dec 25, 2003 5:25 am

I do agree that CNN is liberal, but all of the slants I've seen taken on issues on other networks seem to have been to the right. You're right, radio is biased right (unless you listen to NPR). Most publications I've seen are conservative, but not necessarily hard right. I digest as many different types of sources I can from as many different locations as possible and I've come to one basic conclusion: Liberals attack issues and conservatives attack liberals.

The biggest problem I have with any of this (and probably why I see the TV media as to the right) is the right seems to be over reaching in its opinions. There is no way to to argue against them without getting slammed (like my mom). Most of the liberals I've seen have an open dialetic and any slants that take place address both sides of the issue fairly.

Dunno, maybe I shouldn't ever watch Hannity and Colmes again.

I almost forgot: I have no clue how to deal with illegal aliens. Because of this, I'm not sure we should avoid helping the people who are poor and here as citizens. Seems the current trend is to legalize everyone who enters, but that seems wrong. There isn't any plans for "The Great Wall of Mexico." Not really sure what to do besides that. Well, except for brain implants.
thanuk
Sojourner

Postby thanuk » Sat Dec 27, 2003 4:52 pm

Kifle wrote:You are right, Thanuk. I am a ranting psychotic, but at least I can form my own opinions and pronounce 5th grade words correctly. (speaking of bush, not you).

Yes, I do understand that CNN is liberal. I don't watch the news much anymore because of the slants to the left and right. They really do sicken me because there are people out there that will believe everything they hear if it follows the opinions they picked up from other people they agree with. I'm not a liberal, and I'm not a conservative. I vote for the person that will benefit my country the most. I want somebody that is intelligent and will make our country look good rather than a bunch of bullying morons. I think when I vote, I'm going to cover up the bush option, close my eyes and hope for the best.

Do what I'm doing. Vote Reverend Al. Then if he actually wins, move to Canada.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Sat Dec 27, 2003 8:25 pm

Ahahahah!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”