Zone Editor

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Cordan
Sojourner

Zone Editor

Postby Cordan » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:00 pm

Is there any work being done, or thought about being done, or will be done someday on a new editor for zones? I've written many zones for another mud in the past, but that was as an admin with a nice olc editor. Makes building zones very easy.

A zone editor that basically took the form of what the actual mud looks like, so you can "imagine" you are there and maybe even test some things out against mobs you create? Just a thought, seeing as that was the nicest part of writing online... testing as you go.
Yarash
Sojourner

Postby Yarash » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:41 pm

One option is to run circlemud with the oasis olc patch on your home computer. Much of the work can be done this way, and then when you're done, just change the flags and anything else with a text editor (or change them in circle's code if you're inclided to do so).

- Mike
belleshel
Sojourner

Re: Zone Editor

Postby belleshel » Fri Jan 02, 2004 5:43 pm

Cordan wrote:A zone editor that basically took the form of what the actual mud looks like, so you can "imagine" you are there and maybe even test some things out against mobs you create? Just a thought, seeing as that was the nicest part of writing online... testing as you go.

Toril Editor lets you do most of this... What about it did you want tweaked?
Cordan
Sojourner

Re: Zone Editor

Postby Cordan » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:41 pm

belleshel wrote:
Cordan wrote:A zone editor that basically took the form of what the actual mud looks like, so you can "imagine" you are there and maybe even test some things out against mobs you create? Just a thought, seeing as that was the nicest part of writing online... testing as you go.

Toril Editor lets you do most of this... What about it did you want tweaked?

I guess because I didn't have the freedom to test, jump around, copy rooms to multiple rooms then go back and add the descrips, hell, I don't remember, I guess it's been to long, but I remember when I started using it, I had so many problems saving my work, and I kept loosing it, that I finally gave up. There were many people that wanted it made more user friendly, and there was talk of someone doing this, but it never came through from what I can tell.
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Fri Jan 02, 2004 6:44 pm

I guess I enjoyed using my test chars, along with some of the other areas guys, and physically doing the zones to test.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:04 pm

all u gotta do is type save all after each thing u make
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Fri Jan 02, 2004 8:32 pm

Ok, guess I'm imagining things. I still got the copy of it at the house, I'll whip it out and use it. Nevermind. Forget I asked.
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Sat Jan 03, 2004 2:33 am

where does one get a hold of toril editor?
Gyrx
Sojourner

Postby Gyrx » Sat Jan 03, 2004 6:08 am

I've been begging and pleading for Toril to get a good OLC for builders since i can remember. Any respectable OLC code is five times better then TE has ever been.
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Sat Jan 03, 2004 3:03 pm

< 729h/729H 121v/121V >
< > olc
[olc] Yes Sojourn has sweet on-line creation, no you don't have access to it. o_O

< 729h/729H 121v/121V >
< >
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:27 am

look up 'circedit'

I find it to be a fantastic visual tool for creating zones. Has a map and you can walk through zones. Can import flags to use with the visual buttons from lots of dif mud types (including sojourn). The creator's site doesn't seem to be up at the moment but there are lots of places you can grab it from.

Agree with Yarash's suggestion too if you can do that! I think TE was based on something like this anyhow?

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”