Shieldless Shieldpunching mobs

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
icecillam
Sojourner

Shieldless Shieldpunching mobs

Postby icecillam » Thu Feb 26, 2004 4:07 pm

Can we make it so they have to at least wear shields. Even if its just got zone decorative stats.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Feb 26, 2004 6:20 pm

Hmm, I don't remember seeing a mob shieldpunching unless they have a shield.... where is this happening?
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:21 am

As silly as it is that a mob could shieldpunch without a shield, i think it would be even sillier to go to all the warrior mobs in the game and add shields to their load. its fine how it is. the argument is parallel to the "shieldless bash" argument thats been ongoing for quite some time now. so on one hand, i totally agree, would make sense. on the other, too time consuming and whatnot to deal with.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Fri Feb 27, 2004 12:24 am

I've seen that quite a bit also. I forget offhand what places still have that problem, but it actually was a mistake in the zone file that gave the mobs invisible shields when they should either not have one, o rhave one that you can see.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Fri Feb 27, 2004 1:23 am

it only happens with certain mobs delmair and even if u don't have a shield on u can still bash successfully with a good enough skill without a shield, however shieldpunch requires a shield for pc's.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:27 am

just b/c u can't see the shield doesn't mean it doesn't have one
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:19 pm

Would be our ever fun musp zone of course. <Insert witty comment about point system>. There might be some others but I can't recall off the top of my head.

Shieldless bash is fine. If a frost giant charges into you bowling you over your not going to be standing up. Slamming a shield into you when it's not wearing a shield is just plain silly.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:52 pm

You can't shieldpunch without a shield, period. If you see mobs doing it, that means they have a shield, you just can't see it.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Feb 28, 2004 3:10 am

so muspel got all its points because the mobs wear invisible shields that we cant find.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Sat Feb 28, 2004 6:46 pm

Perhaps someone should go through each racial type and decide for them if that racial type would have a shield if they were classed warrior.

Any level 40 human type warrior you encounter should have a shield. Even if you can't see the shield.

But no dog type should.

If you understand what I mean?
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:31 pm

you never made sense stamm. why would u now?

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”