Tiamat eq changes

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Tiamat eq changes

Postby Jhorr » Tue Mar 02, 2004 12:12 am

From someone who doesn't own a Tiamat item, I think the recent downgrades are a little overboard. Tia items are supposed to be special, not on par with ET and Muspel items.

Sorry to post this here, the Object Forum was closed.
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Tue Mar 02, 2004 1:10 am

I don't own any, but I tend to agree. I can understand that there would be reasons to change them, but perhaps the points could have been allocated differently so that the items would still be hands down the best around - e.g. the staff could have lost DI but retained hps.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Wed Mar 03, 2004 12:38 am

Ditto.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Mar 03, 2004 5:39 pm

WTB: tiamat items
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Mar 03, 2004 6:12 pm

I'm going to reiterate here that I think putting such a racially slanted stat on a Tiamat item like infra seems to be a huge waste of points on such a high-tier item. There is one particular stat that ALL rogues seem to be in need of, and that's hitpoints, so downgrading the hps on one of the very few really nice rogue hps items in the game and leaving a stat that only the minority of rogue players needs is a waste on an item which should be the ultimate piece in a rogue's kit.

Racially biased stats should be placed in other zones, not in the one zone that should have the highest tier items in the game.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:53 am

what ashiwi said and what dalar said :) *nogs*
Stamm
Sojourner

Postby Stamm » Thu Mar 04, 2004 5:58 pm

Well, slightly different to what Ashiwi said.

Sure have an item with infra, but make it an item that all humans/barbs would want to wear.

Or have an item that enhances rogue abilities, but have it enhance for all rogues.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:23 am

Its a counterproductive move.. that is if the gods have any intention of retaining interest in the game. When you and all your alts are level 50, and you have been to every zone at least 10x, and your wearing top notch eq, the only part of the game that still means anything is the part that eludes you. The artifact or the tia item that you want so bad but know you probably will never get... but just might get... Rather than nerf the special items.. they need to give a few out once in a long while.. Enough of this uniformity sanitizing bullshit...

But hey, its only counterproductive if the gods are actually interested in retaining interest in the game... and not ooc. *whistle* :)

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:25 am

but they do offer those items corth. u just have to RP for them now. who needs BC and tiamat...we have RP!
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Mon Mar 15, 2004 5:10 pm

Are we ever going to get an official comment on this?

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”