Would you still RP if there were no rewards?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.

Yes
74%
No
26%

Total votes: 38
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:43 am

Just curious if people would still RP simply for the satisfaction of doing it. Keep in mind if you don't RP you shouldn't vote.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:07 pm

Actually, and I know quite a few people might take offense at this, I thought the reward system helped to create a much more petty atmosphere, encouraging people who had no desire to roleplay to get into the system in order to find some elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Before Sojourn I enjoyed roleplay in every mud I played, but here my RP flag is now off and although I miss RP, I don't see turning it back on any time soon.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Fri Mar 05, 2004 3:24 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Actually, and I know quite a few people might take offense at this, I thought the reward system helped to create a much more petty atmosphere, encouraging people who had no desire to roleplay to get into the system in order to find some elusive pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Before Sojourn I enjoyed roleplay in every mud I played, but here my RP flag is now off and although I miss RP, I don't see turning it back on any time soon.

Wait..................................................................What?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:13 pm

I don't think i would. I do have fun RPing (when it's not 20+ people trying to voice their opinions), but I'm the kind of person who would like to be doing something productive in enhancing my characters while I play. Zoning RP sessions? Sign me up, b/c that's fun :)
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:45 pm

Dalar wrote:I don't think i would. I do have fun RPing (when it's not 20+ people trying to voice their opinions), but I'm the kind of person who would like to be doing something productive in enhancing my characters while I play. Zoning RP sessions? Sign me up, b/c that's fun :)

I'm gonna hold you to that! :D
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:12 pm

I haven't ever gotten a reward. Well, except for chilling with Auril. It was worth it though ;)
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:12 pm

PS - Dalar, pretty sure I invited you to our RP-related run of TF a few months back ;) Weren't you busy? :P

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Mar 06, 2004 5:30 pm

i've been busy alot this year. i'm a junior EE :)
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sat Mar 06, 2004 6:28 pm

Ahh heh heh. . . taking Thermo and possibly Lasers Lab? :P

Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Mon Mar 08, 2004 4:32 pm

Dalar wrote:i've been busy alot this year. i'm a junior EE :)

Shaking that thang as an Entertainment Engineer?
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Mar 08, 2004 5:30 pm

Junior year for EE sucks the most, especially 2nd semister. Gotta love electromagnetic waves and annoying math you'll never use again. I thought senior year was pretty easy since it was a lot of electives so I could take cool stuff like optical networks and vlsi chip design.
Tida
Sojourner

Postby Tida » Mon Mar 08, 2004 11:51 pm

Just going to add my 2 cents worth here. I'm kinda new to the RP world and I am having a blast. I did not start RPing to get rewards, I started RPing as a way to see different parts of the MUD that I know I would not normally see either just zoning or xping. Another reason was to group with people and talk to people that I would normally not talk to or group with outside the RP sphere. So if they took out all the rewards that happen when you RP then I would still RP. Its a great way to pass the time when there is not a zone going on or you don't have time for a zone but time to MUD. Like I said just my 2 cents worth. :)
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Mar 10, 2004 9:21 am

there's rewards?!?!
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:09 pm

I roleplay on this mud regardless of rewards, but I RP with more dedication on un-staff related moments.

I stopped being involved in the first campaign because of what a certain quest staff member did to me. So I chose not to be a part of anything involving him again. Ever.

I stopped being involved in the second campaign under the new staff, because of what certain players were doing to me, it had nothing to do with the staff at all.

To this day, tho I want to jump back into it all and get involved in the current campaign again, I'm still extremely hesitant about doing so because of reason number two still. Therefor, my involvement in any staff related RP events, which can lead to the possibility of rewards to players, is minimal.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”