Psi's : Current Equip Stuff

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
icecillam
Sojourner

Psi's : Current Equip Stuff

Postby icecillam » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:35 pm

So now that we've established that a 1:1 psp:hp ratio for eq weighting is silly at best (ring of raw energy anyone?) and no new news about reconsidering this decison has been announced. I was wondering what ever happend to the idea I believed Shargaas had.

Basically it was make psp crystals huge (500-1k points) to compensate for the fact that all psp gear got nuked to the unwearable state. So psi's would have on tap extra power, but if the power got used it takes forever to recharge the crystal to keep it quasi balanced (note for the 99% of the population that doesnt play a psi, it takes longer to charge a crystal than to med back psp, plus song of renewal doesnt help charging, plus theres a 5 second cost before you actually start charging properly ala 30 sec mem timer, plus if you type anything other than save and med you stop charging). Actual pointage of crystals tbd.

It would also be nice if the crystal worn in a slot was implemented with this so we wouldn't accidently dump a 1k charge.

Icecillam - Odd, how come other casters didn't lose spell slots in the eq change.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:15 pm

i'v never played a squid so this is a question to be considered or dismissed. A lvl 50 squid under my impression does more damage than any voker plus has worm hole and their only limitation is PSP, right?

Pril
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Wed Mar 17, 2004 6:34 pm

Does less damage than a voker. Its in one of the archived posts.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:04 pm

mkay :p
Shargaas
Staff Member - Areas

Postby Shargaas » Thu Mar 18, 2004 1:59 am

Late spring
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:28 am

Thanks for checking in shargaas.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Oghma
Staff Member - Admin

Re: Psi's : Current Equip Stuff

Postby Oghma » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:41 am

icecillam wrote:It would also be nice if the crystal worn in a slot was implemented with this so we wouldn't accidently dump a 1k charge.

Having never played a squid, I don't know if this doesn't work, but has anyone ever tried cursing a PSP crystal?

Oghma
Oghma The Lord of Knowledge, God of Bards
[ Administrator ] of TorilMUD
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:02 am

I'll give it a whirl, but would really suck if the crystals were transient.

Also if the crystal is cursed then there is NO way to get past the orb in ET for me. See my post in the idea forum.

http://www.torilmud.dyndns.org:8080/php ... hp?t=13408
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:58 am

have it invis aswell! *duck*
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:32 pm

Nerfing psp gear has worked out better for me anyways. Not sure if I would go back to wearing it even if it came close to matching the hp of my mage gear. It is not often that I excede my psp limit with my crystal in combat. Most fights are over and done with because of everyones combined damage just before I get tapped. Usually when I have lived long enough to tap out my psp, it means the group didn't have enough damage to begin with, and this usually leads to flight or spank.

In my opinion, squids have plenty of PSP. They are still very useful and powerful allies to have around in any instance when they are able to use ultrablast, (don't get me started on the single target weakness[again]) without any additions to thier natural PSP. As for high powered crystals and this and that, 500 is a bit much I think. Squids need to know limitations just like casters. A 500 psp crystal sounds like a tia item to me at this time. I even think the ones in IX are too overpowered and easy to get at 125, and yes I still use mine that I got at level 10 as a level 50.

Like I said in another thread though, it would be nice if all the gear created for them did not go to waste. Should mirror the stats of other similarl mage gear and make it illithid only or something just to put it to use. Maybe add like 1 hp or so to it so you know the squids will wear it instead of mage gear. Or for some items, could code the max_power notch around 111 for illithid, and make it give a very benificial increase to max PSP. Just don't nerf the AC. Squids AC is probably by far the wost in the game generally speaking.

Sorry to piss on your cornflakes squids, but do we really need that much PSP anyways?
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:21 pm

They're illithids, they eat brains. Should work kinda like oblivion, if you invoke it when the mob is just about dead you get psps back but doesn't have to be all the way incapped either. An illithid in jot should be like a fat guy at a smorgasbord!
Lil
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Mar 20, 2004 1:02 am

you know, if illithids weren't already crazy diverse, and relatively
powerful compared to a lot of the other casting classes, i would probbably
be more sympathetic. As it stands now no other class can wear eq
that effectively increases the number of spells they can mem/use.
also can't mem(regen mana) in combat rooms, are affected by savespell,
etc. Squids have a lot of advantages already. Did they get whacked
recently with eq changes? yes. Do i have an illithid alt here, or rather,
have i played once since the changes? No. I think bottom line is it was
determined that wearing as much +mana eq as you could wear before
was determined to be unbalancing. It seems to have gotten halved just
like the hp's did for a lot of caster eq. I say deal with it.
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Sat Mar 20, 2004 5:31 am

Delmair Aamoren wrote:you know, if illithids weren't already crazy diverse, and relatively
powerful compared to a lot of the other casting classes, i would probbably
be more sympathetic. As it stands now no other class can wear eq
that effectively increases the number of spells they can mem/use.
also can't mem(regen mana) in combat rooms, are affected by savespell,
etc. Squids have a lot of advantages already. Did they get whacked
recently with eq changes? yes. Do i have an illithid alt here, or rather,
have i played once since the changes? No. I think bottom line is it was
determined that wearing as much +mana eq as you could wear before
was determined to be unbalancing. It seems to have gotten halved just
like the hp's did for a lot of caster eq. I say deal with it.

Regular mages have seelie staves which does effectively increase their number of spells. High quality psp gear shouldn't be easy to get, but it should be available. As it stands now, I don't think any such gear exists (admittedly, there could well be such gear that I don't know about).
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:22 am

squid cant mem back an ultrablast in 10 seconds.

there is delay and lag to squid skills similar to casting spells except with the benefit you cant be bashed out of a skill (cuz its instant then lag) with the downside that your ability to flee is greatly reduced (no such thing as abort)

I wouldn't say they are all that diverse... damage + transportation, but they do have a few self only abilities that are interesting (but i never use personally)

i agre with jaz, 500 sounds like a tiamat item 1k is unthinkable. 1k would more than double a level 50's naturally granted capacity.

1:1 hps vs psp is ridiculous. 1: 2.5-3.5 is more reasonable granting aorudn 25-40 in a normal eq slot (a different formula should probably be used for rings or a cap of like 100 psp + other stats for a ring).
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:43 pm

kiryan wrote: 1k would more than double a level 50's naturally granted capacity.

That is incorrect. 667 is where I am at nat at level 47 and I think level 49 and 50 you don't gain any psps. Possibly level 48 as well.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”