Psi's : Chargepsp

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
icecillam
Sojourner

Psi's : Chargepsp

Postby icecillam » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:42 am

So a thought occured to me, instead of bandaging the current chargepsp code some more by making all psi's curse it, adding a slot to specially charge it, not being able to charge while held, and discharging crystals everytime you sneeze, how about a fix to the charge code.

Have the charge code function as thus.
chargepsp lock <name> - locks current crystal into the charge code.
chargepsp - charges crystal that is locked, if no crystal is locked gives you some error msg
chargepsp release - unlock current crystal, discharges it.

So when a crystal is locked, you can hold it, put it in a bag, put it in a bag of a bag, wear it as a hat, etc etc, and it will still retain it's charge. Cannot give to someone else unless its unlocked. Cannot charge any crystal unless its locked, and you can only lock 1 in. Psp will only be pulled from the crystal if its in inventory or held (actualy I think the current code just pulls from the crystal, but seeing as it discharges when I sneeze on it I can't really tell).
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:59 am

I think what Ice is trying to say is, if I understand correctly, the instant a psionic crystal touches anything - the inside of a bag, for example - the charge is gone. This makes using commands like "put all bag" impossible.

I'm surprised that you can't hold crystals; it seems to me that you should hold a crystal to charge it, but apparently after checking the help files, holding counts as "removing from inventory" and thus resets the crystal.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:26 pm

Note to 10Eye : Cant charge it while being held. Holding it will discharge it, giving it to self discharges it, putting in bag discharges it. Giving to someone else discharge it.

Trivia note : I'm told the current discharge when moved code was implemented when someone figured out they could charge a crystal, stash it, and charge another.

How that wasn't debuged for I'm not quite sure, it almost seems like the original intent was for multiple smaller crystals, but due to weightless bags probably got to the point of absurdity (I am charging crystals today, don't bug me). So some code seems to have been slaped on to any movement of the crystal to discharge it.

Nifty side feature of the proposed system would be it would probably then be possible to code it so amount of crystals you could lock in and charge could be rased on a skill basis, so lowly level 10 psi gets one crystal, and level 50 psi gets 5 (or some other arbitrary number, or just leave at 1 when you implement huge crystals).
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:42 pm

I'll give the idea some thought, have a couple of possibilities conceptualized atm though.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:42 pm

I like it. A worn slot for a psp crystal is a good idea. Just like the new component bag thing.

The only problems I see with this locked chargepsp thing is that you don't always want to charge your crystal being that charge will break stasis field. If it was not for that it would work out great.

Speaking of which. Should change the charge code a bit to not break charge on gsay and stuff like that. That is really annoying.
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:20 pm

Jaz the locked chargepsp would only lock it in code, so if/when you charge you're only charging that locked crystal, even if you have 8 crystals in your inventory, you'd only draw from that crystal also. It just makes it so they can remove the added on code that discharges stuff to prevent twinkage. Charging and using would work just the same as it currently does.

Also it sorta does make sense to break charge on gsays or whatnot cuz your suposed to be focusing on the crystal.

Basically the annoyances currently are:
Cannot use put all container to clear out inventory without blowing a charge.
Cannot manipulate certain objects without blowing the charge.
Kegor
Sojourner

Postby Kegor » Fri Mar 19, 2004 12:38 am

Since meditation is needed to tap the full ability of charging, I would disagree. Gsay and the like should only break meditation, not charging.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”