Experience. Please fix it.

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:47 pm

decreasing exp will only accomplish 1 thing. More level 50 noobs who don't know how to get to SS what SS is or how to find monostary even though someone leveled them there from 15 to 20. or whatever.

Pril
irta
Sojourner

Postby irta » Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:01 pm

Delmair Aamoren wrote:Ok. i'm not quite sure i followed the preceeding post. You suggesting, once balance is complete, to make invokers more powerful than warriors? isn't that, in itself, unbalancing?!

If your argument is to make exp tables the same for everyone hands down. hey, i even agree with that. i think enchanters and clerics have a tough road. rogues and invokers are relatively easy in comparison, as they get exp from damage. and a LOT of exp from damage from what i've seen. i do think enchanters and clerics would get played more often if it wasn't so durn hard to level em. The rest of your post i was unable to follow.

Making the exp tables the same for everyone was indeed the heart of my suggestion ;)

Irta
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:16 am

I don't get why everyone makes a big deal about not knowing where SS is. I know the whole damn MUD and I could give a rats ass if my lvl 50 enchanter can't find it. Honestly, I'd rather take some of the new lvl 50's than some of the people who "know where SS is".
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Wed Apr 14, 2004 6:11 am

Dalar wrote:I don't get why everyone makes a big deal about not knowing where SS is. I know the whole damn MUD and I could give a rats ass if my lvl 50 enchanter can't find it. Honestly, I'd rather take some of the new lvl 50's than some of the people who "know where SS is".

will agree with dartan on some level here. It could take years to learn this entire mud...but you don't have to know the entire mud to play your class reasonably well.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Viclor Voddyn
Sojourner

Postby Viclor Voddyn » Sat Apr 17, 2004 10:19 pm

I think xp should be made easier for certain classes MAYBE, but I mean really, its not that hard.

I actually considered the xp fun, felt like I was accomplishing and learning something new with xp taking some time.

I do however understand those with many high level alts such as dartan, it can get very boring, because you arent learning a damned thing you dont already know.

But for the general mud population, I don't think exp needs a decrease. It is fast enough for a newbie to progress himself, and slow enough for him to learn something along the way.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:26 am

you obviously haven't been lvl 46+ viclor. exp is like twice as long up there
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Wobb
Sojourner

Postby Wobb » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:17 pm

Pril I'm sorry but even I have to disagree with you. Descreasing exp tables will not suddenly populate the mud with high level newbies. They still need groups to exp and they still need to understand their job to stay in an exp group. It isn't that hard to learn your class, you either heal when its needed, scale/stone when needed, or damage when needed. It isn't overly complex and once a person is 36+, they will know how and when to do these things. IF they dont, they will find it hard to continue to exp. It's a self-balancing thing.

I maintain my stance that casters exp tables should not be so hard and that the "curved" table is no longer needed. 46-50 was hard enough when it was linear.

Wobb
Sarvis
Sojourner

Postby Sarvis » Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:31 pm

Heh, Wobb... if I remember correctly Viclor here was talking on NHC last night about leading some level 41 character to CP.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sun Apr 18, 2004 4:40 pm

maybe if every xp zone wasn't within 30 rooms of wd people would learn the mud a little more.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.

Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'

Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:20 pm

Gura wrote:maybe if every xp zone wasn't within 30 rooms of wd people would learn the mud a little more.

Soooo agree there. Between gating smoke, hopping on ship, DS, moon temple and DK..well, you don't need to have knowledge of anywhere to get exp.
Meatshield
Viclor Voddyn
Sojourner

Postby Viclor Voddyn » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:10 pm

Dalar wrote:you obviously haven't been lvl 46+ viclor. exp is like twice as long up there

Actually, I have.....I know its hard. but, I only had the enjoyment of getting one char that high, not 2 or 3. Wasn't so tedious for me. Of course, that was a long time ago, things could have changed since then.

And Sarvis, yeah I did lead a level 49 to cp....I asked em why and they said they were sheltered.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”