Sing on, bard!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Grogu
Sojourner

Sing on, bard!

Postby Grogu » Tue Apr 13, 2004 6:51 pm

Bard have gotten a huge upgrade from before. Their songs actually do something, and they're more group-worthy than rangers now. Remember the joke that the only thing more worthless than a ranger was a bard? haha

Anyway, what I want to know is how a bard can continue the smooth, continuous notes of a song while being garroted. Isn't that basically choking someone to death with a wire wrapped around their neck?

"La la la *choke* la la la (heal song going off) *choke* *choke* la la la"
It looks pretty sad when you're choking a bard to death, except he isn't dying because he's healing. More bard tweaks in order, please?
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:14 am

Do mobs even garrote players? Does this oversight even warrant the time?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
irta
Sojourner

IMPLEMENT AT ONCE!!

Postby irta » Thu Apr 15, 2004 2:38 am

Dalar wrote:Do mobs even garrote players? Does this oversight even warrant the time?

Ooh. That'd be cool. Implement that at once!

Irta
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Thu Apr 15, 2004 4:59 am

santana plays guitar, and barely sings. if you strangle him, he can still play. 8)
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:15 pm

fotex wrote:santana plays guitar, and barely sings. if you strangle him, he can still play. 8)

Using Santana in this example is unfair, like using Lili as an example of what druids can do.

If mobs started garroting players, however, I think bards should get a special bludgeoning attack if they're playing a stringed instrument. This attack, if successful, would leave the mob stunned, the instrument shattered, and all the furniture in the area broken.
Zen
Sojourner

Postby Zen » Thu Apr 15, 2004 10:16 pm

Ashiwi wrote:Using Santana in this example is unfair, like using Lili as an example of what druids can do.

OMG!? Lilithelle is secretly Santana?
The Lord of the Iron Wastes holds his hammer high in the air, shouting a torment... 'Weak fools!'
Teej tells you 'I think they're deliberately outsourcing - trying to improve their genetics.'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Apr 17, 2004 9:52 pm

el kabong?

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”