Invokers and Power Word Stun.

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ashod
Sojourner

Invokers and Power Word Stun.

Postby Ashod » Tue May 04, 2004 2:00 am

I have been trying to use this spell of late..

It is very useless.. out of 10 times cast on a mob lvl 45.. it works
about 0 times.. This is a spell that could really use an upgrade.

Also power word kill seems a bit out of balance.. a invoker should have a chance at pwk a mob 10 levels lower than he.. but it doesn't happen.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Tue May 04, 2004 2:44 am

Seems to stun me just plenty fine in the arena.
Get in touch, we test it out sometime.
Ashod
Sojourner

Postby Ashod » Tue May 04, 2004 4:29 am

i think there is a difference between players and mobs
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Tue May 04, 2004 12:40 pm

I seem to remember being told a long time ago that all the power word stuff was based on the current hps of the mobs (apparently except for pwb).

So your average lvl 50 player has like 700 hps, your average lvl 50 mob has about 30000.

I don't have any char that has pwk/pws so I can't test it, but you might wanna try casting it at various stages of 'woundedness' when fighting a lvl 50 mob when their hps are lower.
Depok
Sojourner

Postby Depok » Wed May 05, 2004 4:52 pm

I remember someone testing this out for PWK and if I remember correctly they couldn't kill something that was at awful.

The details are buried somewhere on the boards not inclined to search myself though (no PWK casters so don't much care :>) )
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Wed May 05, 2004 6:33 pm

Except for blind, all power word x spells rely on the target's hp being below a certain level. Blind was just changed way back on Sojourn 2 I think to make it more useful.
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Wed May 05, 2004 7:40 pm

sounds like preferential treatment for pwb
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Wed May 05, 2004 7:58 pm

Power Word Stun works very nicely in the arena for invokers against all levels and classes of players, lands easily and has almost zero casting time.

Power Word Stun is utterly useless outside of the arena for Invokers. In order for it to be turned into something useful that landed, it would have to acquire some form of a real casting time, which would therefor make it useless in the arena.

In summary, this is a great and beneficial spell needed the way it is for Invokers in the arena, and should not to be changed because invokers have 2 other effective ways of stopping mobs from casting (t-blast for area, and sand for single). I keep this spell scribed, and mem it only when playing in the arena.

Power Word Kill. This spell has appear to be broken or effectively useless in or outside of the arena. I personally cannot remember seeing it ever work once. Perhaps it has, but I seriously don't remember. I do not scribe this spell.

In summary, I feel this spell should be removed from player selection all together, and given only to mobs, whereupon an upgrade to the spell could be done. Last thing I feel Player inovkers need is an assassinate-LIKE spell.

My toof cents
chandigar
Sojourner

Postby chandigar » Wed May 05, 2004 8:46 pm

Sesexe wrote:Power Word Kill. This spell has appear to be broken or effectively useless in or outside of the arena. I personally cannot remember seeing it ever work once. Perhaps it has, but I seriously don't remember. I do not scribe this spell.

I used it to pwk the camels that followed Zog, way back when. UBER!
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Wed May 05, 2004 9:29 pm

I have looked at both power word stun and power word kill. There are some flaws with their structure, and I'll talk with shevarash about means to make them a reasonable option, rather than staying in the ranks of ventriloquate.
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Mon May 24, 2004 8:00 pm

Eilistraee wrote:I have looked at both power word stun and power word kill. There are some flaws with their structure, and I'll talk with shevarash about means to make them a reasonable option, rather than staying in the ranks of ventriloquate.

any update for this by chance? i really wouldnt mind a new toy for vokers:)
You group-say 'who is da red shape?'
A red shape group-says 'I'm a shape'
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Mon May 24, 2004 8:45 pm

Haven't had opportunity to discuss options with Shevy yet I'm afraid. But you aren't forgotten, I promise.
oteb
Sojourner

Postby oteb » Mon May 24, 2004 9:02 pm

woot thanks for fast response:)

Ideas:
pwk- since i dont forsee giving vokers instant cast assinate maybe it could be made into area with level cap 1/2 of vokers level-would wipe same mobs as inferno (split shield mobs more or less) does just with lag after cast not before. would be good just for align work pretty much with no real use when zoning.
pws- hurm thats a tough one not to go into spook area. not an option to make it area with level 1/2cap since mobs of that level dont cast anything harmful. maybe allow it to interrupt(not stun) a spell being cast. a bit like miscast magic works when it actually works.
my 0.002p
You group-say 'who is da red shape?'

A red shape group-says 'I'm a shape'
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Mon May 31, 2004 6:02 am

All of the power word line should have a chance to backfire and strike the caster. Stun, kill and blind.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”