Deathknell Quest

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ahxeriden Aethorcyn
Sojourner

Deathknell Quest

Postby Ahxeriden Aethorcyn » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:05 pm

Ok this is not a whine post, I'm just wondering on the reasoning behind making Deathknell quest so hard and its good aligned counterpart so easy.

I understand you get more goodies than just a sword with dk, but I figured the two pally/ap quests should be about even. Not only do I have a way harder quest than pallies but I got non-antis competing with me for rares just because of the other goodies that come with it and dks massive resell value. Maybe we should make dk separate from kerns quest?

Pulling my hair out while my paladin friend is almost done with her quest that will only take her a couple more days to finish. At this rate, I'll be months.

Anyway just a thought.
Rrimos OOC: 'im afraid to fart cause i might poo'
Bippe OOC: 'i've been there...your at work right'
Kossuth OOC: 'rrimos sharted'
Alurissi OOC: 'hey shevy! do farts have chunks?'
Toarn OOC: 'I'm just here for the intellectuals.'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:20 pm

Deathknell is better, and comes with more items. Thus you work harder for it.

Paladins and Antis are similar, but there's no reason whatsoever why they have to be equal.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Ahxeriden Aethorcyn
Sojourner

Postby Ahxeriden Aethorcyn » Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:51 pm

Shevarash wrote:Deathknell is better, and comes with more items. Thus you work harder for it.

Paladins and Antis are similar, but there's no reason whatsoever why they have to be equal.

Deathknell is better? they look about the same to me.

I don't want those other items I just want one, thus I don't feel like working harder for it.

13 quest rareload items < 5 items, dont think they are rareload.

Plus like 6 big fights for antis and two for pallies.

Owell I guess the master has spoken and its not gonna get changed =P

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:07 pm

The biggest reward for doing the quest is knowing you were capable of putting out the effort to finish it. Paladins get a totally puss quest, so where's the bragging rights there?
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Ahxeriden Aethorcyn
Sojourner

Postby Ahxeriden Aethorcyn » Wed Jun 23, 2004 9:18 pm

Ashiwi wrote:The biggest reward for doing the quest is knowing you were capable of putting out the effort to finish it. Paladins get a totally puss quest, so where's the bragging rights there?

Bragging rights? Every high level anti has a dk, many people have them floating around in storage.

Shev has spoken though, and I will just eat it and do the quest slowly but surely.

Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:35 pm

I tried to fight this battle a long time ago. Then they made it harder and downgraded the sword a bit, so I shut up ;)
Ahxeriden Aethorcyn
Sojourner

Postby Ahxeriden Aethorcyn » Fri Jun 25, 2004 8:50 pm

As it turns out the quest is usually done by 2-3 people and each claim an item. I was just trying to tackle it by myself, which is too difficult.

Cirath
Sojourner

Postby Cirath » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:35 am

Well, since only one of the items is useable by an AP...
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:05 pm

Do the quest, it's one of the best on the MUD. Now go smite!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Jun 26, 2004 5:01 pm

Ahxeriden Aethorcyn wrote:As it turns out the quest is usually done by 2-3 people and each claim an item. I was just trying to tackle it by myself, which is too difficult.

I know many people who have done all the rares solo multiple times including myself. If it's too difficult for you, well, that sucks because I can name 4 people off the top of my head who have camped GC solo for the rares and took all the rewards in the end.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ahxeriden Aethorcyn
Sojourner

Postby Ahxeriden Aethorcyn » Sat Jun 26, 2004 8:50 pm

Dalar wrote:
Ahxeriden Aethorcyn wrote:As it turns out the quest is usually done by 2-3 people and each claim an item. I was just trying to tackle it by myself, which is too difficult.

I know many people who have done all the rares solo multiple times including myself. If it's too difficult for you, well, that sucks because I can name 4 people off the top of my head who have camped GC solo for the rares and took all the rewards in the end.

Hmm I might be able to do that, if I even knew ALL of the items I needed.
Or where they come from. I have a list, but it keeps getting bigger every day.

And not all of the rares come from GC...one comes from jot...one comes from labby....I don't have the group to do those zones nor do I have the ability to twink it. Sure, I got plenty of friends, but most of them, except a few (thank you Inama), want one of the items in the end. All I want is the sword, so I will happily agree to that.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Jun 26, 2004 10:39 pm

i want sky tome. i have a bunch of rares i can toss. but anyways, you're attempting to get a sword that's pretty much beyond your level. think about your levels and skills before equipment.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ahxeriden Aethorcyn
Sojourner

Postby Ahxeriden Aethorcyn » Sat Jun 26, 2004 11:01 pm

Dalar wrote:i want sky tome. i have a bunch of rares i can toss. but anyways, you're attempting to get a sword that's pretty much beyond your level. think about your levels and skills before equipment.

Your exactly right. But the fact that my pally friend got hers at level 36 put the idea into my head that I could too.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Jun 27, 2004 6:48 am

that's kinda interesting b/c doing balor demon isn't exactly cake. then again, someone was probably doing it for khanjari anyways

Ashod
Sojourner

Postby Ashod » Mon Jun 28, 2004 8:50 am

With epic quests.. you should find buddies that are doing the quest and do it. When i did it.. 4 of us knocked out the quest rather fast. I think 2 months. That would be my advise. As for getting a quest changed like that. That is half the problem with the eq balance. ever time there is a balance issue from over farming and the like ,people want the items changed. This cycle doesn't help anything imo.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:03 pm

Shevarash wrote:Paladins and Antis are similar, but there's no reason whatsoever why they have to be equal.

variety, some people will choose the harder path just cuz its harder, its nice that there are harder paths.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Jun 28, 2004 10:06 pm

Shevarash wrote:Paladins and Antis are similar, but there's no reason whatsoever why they have to be equal.

Its nice that there are different spins on classes that are very similar. Some people will always choose the harder path, others will look for the easy one. The disparity in the difficulty creates variety and adds a hint of uniqueness to the respective classes.

Why would you wanna play a game where every choice was equal?
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Sun Jul 25, 2004 8:13 am

Ahxeriden Aethorcyn wrote:
Shevarash wrote:Deathknell is better, and comes with more items. Thus you work harder for it.

Deathknell is better? they look about the same to me.

I don't want those other items I just want one, thus I don't feel like working harder for it.

13 quest rareload items < 5 items, dont think they are rareload.

Plus like 6 big fights for antis and two for pallies.

Owell I guess the master has spoken and its not gonna get changed =P

1. You can trade those items, people will want them, and you can upgrade your OTHER eq as well.

2. Deathknell is far, far superior to holy avenger. No way does holy avenger full heal. Even if I were a paladin dual wielding holy avengers due to some bizzare accident, I still wouldn't be able to keep up with an anti with the same eq wielding a DK.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”