Reduce and Gear Weight

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Sarell
Sojourner

Reduce and Gear Weight

Postby Sarell » Sun Jul 04, 2004 11:58 pm

Aristan group-says 'problem with reduce is that it doesn't reduce your equipment weight :("

totally agree... my load is 100% taken up in the armor that i wear, bag weighs nothing, when i get reduced, i cant move.... perhaps my armor could shrink to accomodate my body better?... tho a smuurf hiding in a suit of platmail would be pretty hard to catch! *touch*
icecillam
Sojourner

Postby icecillam » Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:54 pm

Snicker.

Sounds like a packrat problem ;)

Weight 101. If you can't move instantaneously after being ressed and having all your gear bagged your carrying too much crud. Solution : Buy more tinker bags or get rid of misc stuff. Cursed weapons in inventory will throw this out of whack ofc.

Following the above rule, reduce won't be a problem, unless you ninjalooted too many coins. Reduce isn't enough to make worn gear overweigh you (unless you managed to figure out how to wield the wd balista's). That dragon proc on the other hand might be diffrent, haven't fully tested it out yet as it usually isn't that friendly.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jul 06, 2004 5:43 pm

he's talking about heavy gear worn on your body, not his bags. go try on some rot watch armor and watch what happens....
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:11 pm

i have a port hole and i still get weighed down with anything other than my spellbook in hand. thx shaundakul and kia
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:16 pm

icecillam wrote:Snicker.

Sounds like a packrat problem ;)

Weight 101. If you can't move instantaneously after being ressed and having all your gear bagged your carrying too much crud. Solution : Buy more tinker bags or get rid of misc stuff. Cursed weapons in inventory will throw this out of whack ofc.

Following the above rule, reduce won't be a problem, unless you ninjalooted too many coins. Reduce isn't enough to make worn gear overweigh you (unless you managed to figure out how to wield the wd balista's). That dragon proc on the other hand might be diffrent, haven't fully tested it out yet as it usually isn't that friendly.

Or a low Str score problem.
Reduce can be a problem then even if you don't loot coins, even if you have a tinker bag with almost nothing in it, even if all you're carrying is newbie spellbooks.

Without stacking up str spells, this character normally has a moderate load. It's a bit much, but I can move. Give me reduce. I'm immobile.

I'd just like to still be at a moderate load when I'm reduced. That's all.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:43 am

Nogs as Gormal said, and I said in my original post, even if i have my bag in the inn, it is my armor or items that I am wearing that are so heavy. They need to shrink to accomodate smaller me!

Perhaps make worn items only add 1/4 of their weight or something? Wearing a set of armor is one thing, carrying it around in your inventory is another.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:06 pm

Maybe reduce doesn't work on inanimate objects? Who's to say your gear shrinks along with you? It may not be realistic to leave it all equipped, but you could always end up nekkid with your gear scattered on the ground, and too weak to pick it up.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:30 pm

If an enlarged, earth embodied ogre can wear the same eq as a reduced gnome... I think we're well beyond the point of trying to pretend that its realistic:P
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:15 pm

so make it when you reduce all your gear falls on ground, and when you enlarge it explodes? *WHAP*
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Artmar
Sojourner

Postby Artmar » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:25 pm

Or better, if you enlarge in full plate, you get squished.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”