Farsee + Scan

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Sesexe
Sojourner
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:13 am

Farsee + Scan

Postby Sesexe » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:07 pm

Could we get it so when you have Farsee up, you can scan into directions with closed doors?


Active Spells:
--------------
farsee
detect invisibility
detect magic


< 666h/666H 186p/186P 132v/132V >
< P: std > l
A Narrow Passageway Belowdecks
Exits: -N# -E -S# -W#

< 666h/666H 186p/186P 132v/132V >
< P: std > scan

You scan east...
A Narrow Passage Belowdecks
Exits: -N# -E -S -W



Shame I only scan east. :(
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
ssar
Sojourner
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Postby ssar » Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:49 am

I have noticed and wondered about this too.
Is there any reason(s) this happens? It would seem to make sense that it should permit you to scan all available directions with farsee up.
BEER
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests
Posts: 1097
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:20 pm

Postby Eilistraee » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:12 pm

Speaking just as a matter of opinion, I would suggest that scan is a cursory look around the area. Using magic to see past an obstacle, such as a closed door, requires a more focused examination to truly bring the magic of farsee to bear.
Jegzed
Sojourner
Posts: 1240
Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2001 6:01 am

Postby Jegzed » Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:23 pm

Actually.. There are plenty of reasons why you do NOT want farsee to work on scan :)

If you led any of the more fun zones on the mud you recall why.
/Jegzed - Sorcere Master - Crimson Coalition
mynazzaraxxsyn
Sojourner
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:00 pm
Location: Ixarkon
Contact:

Postby mynazzaraxxsyn » Wed Jul 14, 2004 3:30 pm

I'd have to agree with Eilistraee on this one.
Lilithelle stops using a softly throbbing piece of flesh.
Gura group-says 'ill go solo the biznatch, just don't tell Stamm'
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'is it bad that the two words i think of when i see yer title are hottub and cthulhu? :('
Sesexe
Sojourner
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:13 am

Postby Sesexe » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:34 pm

Jegzed wrote:Actually.. There are plenty of reasons why you do NOT want farsee to work on scan :)

If you led any of the more fun zones on the mud you recall why.


How is that different from 'fun' zones without doors and lots of mobs in alternate rooms?

If packed up mobs behind doors in a zone is such a problem... Like why not lead without farsee up in the first place? You'd then have it would work as it does now. I'm aware of the uses of Sense Life for leading purposes, but didn't know Farsee was imperative, so much so that every leader runs around with it up.


As for Eli's response. I can understand the reasoning behind it. I can accept it. It makes sense. It's like Superman using his X-ray vision. He has to stop and stare kinda hard. :D
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'

Targsk group-says 'sexedse'

mount dragon

You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.

You have learned something new about mount!
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:46 pm

Sesexe wrote:
Jegzed wrote:Actually.. There are plenty of reasons why you do NOT want farsee to work on scan :)

If you led any of the more fun zones on the mud you recall why.


How is that different from 'fun' zones without doors and lots of mobs in alternate rooms?

If packed up mobs behind doors in a zone is such a problem... Like why not lead without farsee up in the first place? You'd then have it would work as it does now. I'm aware of the uses of Sense Life for leading purposes, but didn't know Farsee was imperative, so much so that every leader runs around with it up.


As for Eli's response. I can understand the reasoning behind it. I can accept it. It makes sense. It's like Superman using his X-ray vision. He has to stop and stare kinda hard. :D


You realize he's talking about an area where you can look and die, right?
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Sesexe
Sojourner
Posts: 879
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2003 5:13 am

Postby Sesexe » Mon Jul 26, 2004 2:26 am

moritheil wrote:
Sesexe wrote:
Jegzed wrote:Actually.. There are plenty of reasons why you do NOT want farsee to work on scan :)

If you led any of the more fun zones on the mud you recall why.


How is that different from 'fun' zones without doors and lots of mobs in alternate rooms?

If packed up mobs behind doors in a zone is such a problem... Like why not lead without farsee up in the first place? You'd then have it would work as it does now. I'm aware of the uses of Sense Life for leading purposes, but didn't know Farsee was imperative, so much so that every leader runs around with it up.


As for Eli's response. I can understand the reasoning behind it. I can accept it. It makes sense. It's like Superman using his X-ray vision. He has to stop and stare kinda hard. :D


You realize he's talking about an area where you can look and die, right?


I'm not sure what he's talking about. If you mean portals, i'm not talking about portals. Just the generic directions. If there is a zone currently in the game where if you "l w" and can die from that, I'm not aware of it no. Is there one?
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'

Targsk group-says 'sexedse'

mount dragon

You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.

You have learned something new about mount!
moritheil
Sojourner
Posts: 4845
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2001 6:01 am

Postby moritheil » Mon Jul 26, 2004 3:07 pm

Sesexe wrote:
moritheil wrote:
Sesexe wrote:
Jegzed wrote:Actually.. There are plenty of reasons why you do NOT want farsee to work on scan :)

If you led any of the more fun zones on the mud you recall why.


How is that different from 'fun' zones without doors and lots of mobs in alternate rooms?

If packed up mobs behind doors in a zone is such a problem... Like why not lead without farsee up in the first place? You'd then have it would work as it does now. I'm aware of the uses of Sense Life for leading purposes, but didn't know Farsee was imperative, so much so that every leader runs around with it up.


As for Eli's response. I can understand the reasoning behind it. I can accept it. It makes sense. It's like Superman using his X-ray vision. He has to stop and stare kinda hard. :D


You realize he's talking about an area where you can look and die, right?


I'm not sure what he's talking about. If you mean portals, i'm not talking about portals. Just the generic directions. If there is a zone currently in the game where if you "l w" and can die from that, I'm not aware of it no. Is there one?


The discussion is very old, but there was a log posted once of such an incident. I can only assume that he's referring to that.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'

Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'

Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest