Go-Go Khanjari Gender Bender

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:55 pm

That isn't true. I rolled Teba because Pava was maxed in exp and did me no good to zone since i wasn't even gaining prestige any longer. I wanted a rogue that could zone with evils as well as goodies so i didnt have to exp 2 rogues at once. I currenlty have 8 lvl 50 rogues, and if evils werent so dead, Yuan-Ti would prolly be my favorite of them. Teba is also almost maxed on exp and I have another rogue ready to keep zoning with. Lase who currently has about 980%. I didnt switch because of the dagger. To be honest, I dont think human procs more often then say Pava, i think that it procs rage more often then pava does. Where as pava is procing finness or boom more often then Teba.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:23 pm

hehe not the first time i am wrong :) second hand info i guess ..
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:19 am

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure being evil female human rogue with 2 khanjaris enables a certain proc. I think it's the one where any melee attack you do, you do an additional one. This is why you see efhrs getting like 11 hits a round at one point. This is why a tiamat weapon is not worth it to use as an efhr. This is why efhrs can circle and get an additional pierce. [/b]
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Ifin
Sojourner

Postby Ifin » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:11 am

^^ That's the "RAGE" proc (+hit/+dam, gives you extra attack/attack regardless if you have 1 or 2 khanjies, and a small vit)

Before I got a khanjie, I thought yeah crazy, rogues can reheal themselves etc. w/the big vit proc, and I knew it does some extra damage.

Then when I got one, it was like wtf, not only does it Vit on proc, but RAGE gives you near double damage while it's active.

OH, but then if you have two, it can even stack!!!

It's RAGE that's the big damage+vit proc. The other two give a larger vit, and just adds some hitroll and minor dam but doesn't give the extra attack. Variations on race/class just affects the ratios of these 3 procs (in earlier post), but I notice on my dwarf rogue it also seems to proc a tad less overall.

I don't think it's even a debate anymore that rogues are overpowered to an extent, and khanjie is just another massive heap of icing on the cake. IMHO, the procs are overpowered - it doesn't matter "how hard" it is to quest, sometimes things just shouldn't be.

I could make the same argument for some of the other rogue eq, ie Tia. Not only do pieces of eq add crazy procs, but they hit the other crucial factors (AC/hit/dam) from the best non-tia out of the park in a fashion that no other Tia eq does for any class - something comparable would be like up Isha another 15 ac and 25 hps and give it a full heal proc.

So yeah there's a boner for rogues on this MUD.

Khanjie coming in was before my time, but it was also sad to hear about how e-z khanjie quest was converted to hard khanjie dagger. This just shows ... "something" ... ""

But anyways

Sadly, all their skills and twink abilities are pretty "necessary" to get these done these days, in the sense of pbase etc etc.

So no, I'm not advocating a d/g of anything, but just pointing out the obvious. ESPECIALLY if it's been 3-4 years and we're used to it. It should've been (yet another) policy objective way back, but changing it now might have other ramifications.

But yeah, there's a boner for rogues on this MUD and that's the way it is. <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:21 am

If you get an efhr and a dwarf rogue together, the efhr will finish npcs much faster than the dwarf. You really can't compare it to whatever the other races get because it's in a league of its own.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Cordan
Sojourner

Postby Cordan » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:11 pm

How about a little testing session? I see a whole bunch of people comparing different things with no real baselines, except for a few who have taken it to the next level. Bunch of you with rogues, get out your level 50's and two khanji's, eq up so you've got the same setup and eliminate all variables except for race/sex/align differences. Then go pick some mobs and start testing. You won't be able to eliminate mob differences with pops or whatever (if there is a difference, don't know actually), but it's close enough to see who's got the upper hand.

Just a thought. Might help eliminate the fussing and fighting. Well, some of it anyway, lol.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:55 pm

lol there is no fussing and fighting .. i think everyone agrees

-Italian Proverb
Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:51 pm

Khanjaris will be op until I get mine again...
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:53 pm

Kifle wrote:Khanjaris will be op until I get mine again...

You ain't that important!

j/k
Todrael
Sojourner

Postby Todrael » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:16 pm

Khanjari daggers are why I made a neutral male halfling rogue.
-Todrael Azz'miala, Ravager
Get Toril Guides and Maps at Todrael's Lair
Get Item Stats at TorilEQ
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:25 pm

Khanjaris are why I strive for ultimate damage on Aristan. Just to prove another class can deal out melee damage.

If monks come back in with 2.0, I'd like to see a maxed out monk take on an EFHR, toe to toe, on a mob to see which could do more.

Old monks were 7d5 at 50th, 7 attacks per round hasted.

Both classes require high hitrolls.

I figure a monk with today's equipment and heroism could hit somewhere around 80-85 damroll, of course that's without me knowing weights on all the gear.

*cough*bringmonksbackshev*cough*
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:16 am

And to think people used to ask me why I wasted time with a rogue.

Honestly I never had an issue with my dmg using swirling shadow daggers. I still think they're one of the coolest rogue weapons out there.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:57 am

Yasden wrote:Khanjaris are why I strive for ultimate damage on Aristan. Just to prove another class can deal out melee damage.

If monks come back in with 2.0, I'd like to see a maxed out monk take on an EFHR, toe to toe, on a mob to see which could do more.

Old monks were 7d5 at 50th, 7 attacks per round hasted.

Both classes require high hitrolls.

I figure a monk with today's equipment and heroism could hit somewhere around 80-85 damroll, of course that's without me knowing weights on all the gear.

*cough*bringmonksbackshev*cough*

efhr procs are like 20 damroll per weapon at points in the fight. Also there's no real need to test. the imms know the proc rate on all the weapons and the crit chance between races is insignificant compared to the proc rates between races. Even if dwarves had say 10% more chance to crit, it isn't comparable to an efhr with circles that can do an extra attack and 11ish attacks per round at some points in the fight.

Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:28 pm

Todrael wrote:Khanjari daggers are why I made a neutral male halfling rogue.

Hey! Nokie claims that lone spot!
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:04 am

Dalar wrote:
efhr procs are like 20 damroll per weapon at points in the fight.

More like 10.

You can still compare dorfs and efhr. They do things differently. EFHR get more rage/pulse procs than others, note that others still do get them. Duergars, which are superior to any dwarf, crit a lot more than an EFHR. When duergars crit, khanjari heals big time. If an efhr is in sustained combat, that is, not runs or fleeing a lot, they can use the rage proc to do superior damage. On runs, you are probably better off using a duergar with a higher crit rate and greater hitpoints so they don't die as often and get crits and vital strikes. And possibly better natural saves, I've no idea how they work.

Also mudders all playing EFHR conjures up images of middle aged men salivating over a drawing of theirs DnD characters. Sorry Shar, that's something you have to live with if you choose that path.

PS: Ranger POWA - NatuRES BLessinG OuT on T3b@!!!!!!!!!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:00 pm

Sarell wrote:
Dalar wrote:
efhr procs are like 20 damroll per weapon at points in the fight.

More like 10.

You can still compare dorfs and efhr. They do things differently. EFHR get more rage/pulse procs than others, note that others still do get them. Duergars, which are superior to any dwarf, crit a lot more than an EFHR. When duergars crit, khanjari heals big time. If an efhr is in sustained combat, that is, not runs or fleeing a lot, they can use the rage proc to do superior damage. On runs, you are probably better off using a duergar with a higher crit rate and greater hitpoints so they don't die as often and get crits and vital strikes. And possibly better natural saves, I've no idea how they work.

Also mudders all playing EFHR conjures up images of middle aged men salivating over a drawing of theirs DnD characters. Sorry Shar, that's something you have to live with if you choose that path.

PS: Ranger POWA - NatuRES BLessinG OuT on T3b@!!!!!!!!!

Vital is what, 2x damage? Efhr's rage = extra hits off circles and melee. Same thing isn't it? I bet if we went into CM with a good efhr and pava, the efhr will destroy pava.

Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:44 pm

Shevarash wrote:Ok. Some of you think its overpowered, I got it - I'll think about it and review it.

Shev, in all seriousness what were your thoughts upon reviewing this 3 years ago? I didn't notice a follow-up post regarding your thoughts after you had reviewed it. Do you still really feel it's not overpowered a) in general and/or b) for an EFHR?
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:29 pm

Dalar wrote:Vital is what, 2x damage? Efhr's rage = extra hits off circles and melee. Same thing isn't it? I bet if we went into CM with a good efhr and pava, the efhr will destroy pava.

I agree and that's an example of a sustained damage situation where the proc has time to fire up and run. Runs on a dragon might be different.
Shadow Scream
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:37 pm

Sarell wrote:
Dalar wrote:Vital is what, 2x damage? Efhr's rage = extra hits off circles and melee. Same thing isn't it? I bet if we went into CM with a good efhr and pava, the efhr will destroy pava.

I agree and that's an example of a sustained damage situation where the proc has time to fire up and run. Runs on a dragon might be different.

how about we got on a stabathon in CM

Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:24 pm

If you think a dwarf warrior would clear roots faster than an ehfr because it is not "sustained damage" then you are wrong.

-THE END.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:18 pm

Disoputlip wrote:If you think a dwarf warrior would clear roots faster than an ehfr because it is not "sustained damage" then you are wrong.

-THE END.

rogue, hun .. not warrior :)

and Pat is talking dooger rogues .. LOL man I drooled when Kren started zoning with us :)

*touch*

-Italian Proverb
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:11 am

Sarell wrote:

I'm scratching my head. Isn't Tia essentially runs on dragons, and hasnt it been increasingly done by khanjari wielders? (Also, the time to do Tia has been steadily dropping, but I won't blame that on khanjari - yet.)
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:34 am

We havn't really had an increase of khanjari rogues on the tia runs there was a lot of them when we started. We have had more rangers and had more people that go on the runs and quicker ways of doing things. I have actually done tiamat as a ranger, efhr and duergar at least 3 times each and I don't see the efhr doing many rounds with rage engaged on the significant dragon fights. I think you're better off with a duergar who will live longer and crit more. But you are better off with any decent team player first and foremost. If there were more good rangers in the game tiamat would kersplat mightily. At the moment the problem there is if you only have a couple of rangers and crappy other damage they run out of arrows/massive damage before the mob dies.

Roots? WTF? How is that not a sustained damage situation? You are trying to do damage continuously 100% you never 1 hit and out. And yeh, of course I'm talking about rogues, warriors can't out damage an enchanter. (With the possible exception of certain head-butt-able foe!)

The commands already exist in the game and a god could check it any time they want, players used to be able to! I prefer this bickering and mystery personally! It's so immersive and actually engaging, I mean, really no one knew what was going on and everyone just made EFHR because of a leak and Dalar making one, and him being so awesome, everyone else made one before they even knew why!
Shadow Scream
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:07 pm

Birile wrote:
Shevarash wrote:Ok. Some of you think its overpowered, I got it - I'll think about it and review it.

Shev, in all seriousness what were your thoughts upon reviewing this 3 years ago? I didn't notice a follow-up post regarding your thoughts after you had reviewed it. Do you still really feel it's not overpowered a) in general and/or b) for an EFHR?

(unanswered questions, as of yet)

Sarell wrote:I prefer this bickering and mystery personally! It's so immersive and actually engaging

It hasn't engaged Shevarash since 2004, apparently.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:40 pm

Sarell wrote:We havn't really had an increase of khanjari rogues on the tia runs there was a lot of them when we started. We have had more rangers and had more people that go on the runs and quicker ways of doing things. I have actually done tiamat as a ranger, efhr and duergar at least 3 times each and I don't see the efhr doing many rounds with rage engaged on the significant dragon fights. I think you're better off with a duergar who will live longer and crit more. But you are better off with any decent team player first and foremost. If there were more good rangers in the game tiamat would kersplat mightily. At the moment the problem there is if you only have a couple of rangers and crappy other damage they run out of arrows/massive damage before the mob dies.

Roots? WTF? How is that not a sustained damage situation? You are trying to do damage continuously 100% you never 1 hit and out. And yeh, of course I'm talking about rogues, warriors can't out damage an enchanter. (With the possible exception of certain head-butt-able foe!)

The commands already exist in the game and a god could check it any time they want, players used to be able to! I prefer this bickering and mystery personally! It's so immersive and actually engaging, I mean, really no one knew what was going on and everyone just made EFHR because of a leak and Dalar making one, and him being so awesome, everyone else made one before they even knew why!

The "leak" was seeing Nitania doing 11 attacks in a SF run and then leveling an efhr to 50. Leveling the efhr wasn't that hard because there was an easy way to exp back then. I was lvl 42 after the first day. I've personally exp'd weylarii's invoker to 20-37 in like 2 hours before as well.

Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:59 pm

*wonders what 2.0 is gonna do to Khanjaris...* Hmmm....
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:07 pm

Birile wrote:

I think the Khanjari has a few issues and needs adjusting, and itt will be completely overhauled in 2.0. It will continue to function differently for each race, but the gap in power between efhr's and all other races will be lessened. I hope that answers your question.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:16 pm

Shevarash wrote:
Birile wrote:

I think the Khanjari has a few issues and needs adjusting, and itt will be completely overhauled in 2.0. It will continue to function differently for each race, but the gap in power between efhr's and all other races will be lessened. I hope that answers your question.

Thanks, Shev, that does answer part of my questions and I appreciate your response. But do you feel it's overpowered in general, or just overpowered for EFHR's, or--alternatively--not overpowered at all for EFHR's and actually underpowered for non-EFHR's?
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:26 pm

In general, and the gap between efhr's and other races is a bit too wide.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:26 pm

Shevarash wrote:In general, and the gap between efhr's and other races is a bit too wide.

Thanks, Shev!
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:10 am

Shevarash wrote:In general, and the gap between efhr's and other races is a bit too wide.

Mystery Killer!
Shadow Scream
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:02 am

Gormal wrote:Maybe if the gods would ungag "down grade khanjari" the problem would be fixed. The fact that one item can so seriously change a class... stupid.

couldnt say it better myself. the fact that invos dont do tia anymore because of khanj'd out rogues. pissy
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:30 am

Its my understanding that invokers don't tend to do Tia anymore because the MR on all the mobs involved is so high that its just easier to leave them at home and take ANYONE melee'd.
~\o--Lilira Shadowlyre--o/~

You group-say 'my chars will carry the component on them if I can.'
Inama group-says 'hopefully they'll have some sort of volume discounts on ress items for people like you'
You group-say 'oh? Ya think? *giggle*'
Inama group-says 'they could at least implement frequent dier miles'

Suzalize group-says 'oh, eya's over weight i bet'
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:22 am

flib wrote:
Gormal wrote:Maybe if the gods would ungag "down grade khanjari" the problem would be fixed. The fact that one item can so seriously change a class... stupid.

couldnt say it better myself. the fact that invos dont do tia anymore because of khanj'd out rogues. pissy

Yeah, that's not khanjari's fault. If they weren't around, i'm sure we'd have a group full of rangers. It's about melee over spells. Spells = the suck for that zone. Ton of highly MR mobs. Why waste the slot, give it to someone who can actually hit the thing when we're doing runs.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:53 pm

Ghimok wrote:I have a level 50 warrior that's fairly well decked out whether I want to go with a tank(hp/ac) mode or hitter mode. Using hitter mode as an example I can achieve -130 AC without any spells, 25/55 hit/dam, perm haste from tia armor, inability to be bashed for more than 1 round from stability boots, and ability to vamp 5 hps per attack (3 attacks per round) from scepter of valhalla also a tia item.

Without any protective spells or healing I can tank a mob only slightly better than a hasted efhr dualing 2 khanjari daggers and similar damroll due to the vit proc healing.

With dragonscales and no healing versus a single mob, the results will be about even as far as tanking goes.

Versus multiple mobs is about the only time the warrior actually shines. With my current hoard of 3 warrior tiamat items I can quite easily tank 7-10 mobs in a full-group enviroment, whereas a rogue would get splattered.

However, using the single mob instance, say for example exping or "twinking" something where you have an enchanter/efhr combo or an enchanter/Dlur combo, the ehfr will get the job done faster every single time. If you apply this specifically to exping it's hands down better to exp as a rogue because they not only do more damage, but they also heal themselves with the khanjari vit proc at a much faster rate than my piddly tiamat items allow.

I guess overall my point is that khanjari shouldn't have the vit proc at all, and it should proc at the same rate for all races. I can't believe that it was considered "bug abuse" to be able to have the tia scepter in both vamp mode and berserker fury before the "bug" was fixed, yet Khanjari daggers get both offensive and defensive procs all the time without having to choose one or the other. Go figure.

If you aren't going to take khanjari daggers down a notch, at least lower the threshold where valhalla scepter procs really kick in. I've noticed that it hardly procs at all (other than the base hp vamp or haste depending on mode) unless I'm fighting at least 5 mobs. It doesn't seem to even go crazy unless your fighting close to 8 mobs. From what I'm aware of the point of diminishing returns on warrior defensive skills is around 3-4 mobs (I say 5, but I've been told 3-4 by people who spend more time thinking about it than I do). Why not make it 4 mobs before it starts doing the stuff that spams the group?

Also, please give warriors spellcast teleport skill. Thank you.

I'll trade my overpowered khanjari that took 6months to quest for your valhalla from a 6hr tia runanyday. Just let me know.
torkur
Sojourner

Postby torkur » Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:36 pm

The problem more with tia is that spellcasters have to be standing and alive to really damage, where as melee can still do something even when knocked over and don't lose effectiveness as they de-level.

I took Torkur on one of the earlier Sarell Tia runs....he spent half the runs on his butt in the tia room doing 1d4+3 damage and probably died to a proc. When he dropped below lvl 46, he also lost 1/3 of his power when force missiles went from 3 to 2 per cast.

I'd MUCH rather go as Riwer with 3d5+60 damage even when he's bashed and fails a circle.....there is just no comparison. Add to that rogue evasion......and well, which would be better to take on a dragon?
loshaenar
Sojourner

Postby loshaenar » Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:41 am

not that realism has ever been a question here, but..

..the invoker casting his MISSILE spell from a distance while tank types go at it head on...

OR

...the 12 rogues who go hand to hand with the queen of dragonkind wielding 2 proctastic butter knives..

In all seriousness..buffets and breath should have a WAY bigger effect on melee classes (stunned for longer, take more damage etc)...

maybe 2.0 will address this...
Zoldren
Sojourner

Postby Zoldren » Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:05 am

Lilira wrote:Its my understanding that invokers don't tend to do Tia anymore because the MR on all the mobs involved is so high that its just easier to leave them at home and take ANYONE melee'd.

thats part of it...MR just sucks
I'd put money that rogues out damage invokers single target in the same amount of time. (enter on cas 'force/sand' enter on circle/stab/kill disengage on spell complete. rogue wins

But seriuosly, a rogue would get stepped on, while an invoker is standing way back on the hill top calling down METEORswarms and infernos from a LOOOOONg way away...not to mention behind a meatshield so you'd think they would take less damage, unless the dwarf/ogre fell on them

back on topic.
I played with da silly daggers on my snake for a couple hours, it sucked Granted i don't have the best eq, but at the time I was sitting at something like 30/53 and i got a whole 3 small heals, didnt rage in that time either

area docs still wants you to code on the belief that the best a melee can get is 30/30.....wonder if that was in to keep things balanced for casters and other mechanics.....how many people have seen EFHR rogues walk around with 60+damage, and proc for almost/over 100?
flib
Sojourner

Postby flib » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:33 pm

Zoldren wrote:

I'd put money that rogues out damage invokers single target in the same amount of time. (enter on cas 'force/sand' enter on circle/stab/kill disengage on spell complete. rogue wins

But seriuosly, a rogue would get stepped on, while an invoker is standing way back on the hill top calling down METEORswarms and infernos from a LOOOOONg way away...not to mention behind a meatshield so you'd think they would take less damage, unless the dwarf/ogre fell on them

area docs still wants you to code on the belief that the best a melee can get is 30/30.....wonder if that was in to keep things balanced for casters and other mechanics.....how many people have seen EFHR rogues walk around with 60+damage, and proc for almost/over 100?

ME.. as being a sole invoker (one gnome one drow) it f'ing blows when you find out your spot is gone for tia because rogues outdamage what is supposed to be the highest damaging class in the game.. there's a reason Invo's are weak when it comes to hand to hand.. and die easier than crap.. because we supposedly do THE BEST DAMAGE IN THE GAME. which.. we don't.. which is why invo vs rogue = unbalanced as crap... endquote..
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:55 am

flib wrote:
Zoldren wrote:

ME.. as being a sole invoker (one gnome one drow) it f'ing blows when you find out your spot is gone for tia because rogues outdamage what is supposed to be the highest damaging class in the game.. there's a reason Invo's are weak when it comes to hand to hand.. and die easier than crap.. because we supposedly do THE BEST DAMAGE IN THE GAME. which.. we don't.. which is why invo vs rogue = unbalanced as crap... endquote..

You're the best at area damage, yes.

Single target? Not so much.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:30 pm

I still find it amusing how the drivers of the Khanjari Krusade are people who haven't done the quest, and don't play with the daggers daily. They're overpowered...sure...but they make toril way more fun. We need MORE hard to get quest items/weapons that open up this fun factor to more classes imo.

And flibbers, tia tends to have more rangers than rogues nowdays anyways, so while I can see your frustration that vokers tend to not be as popular for tia, that really has no bearing whatsoever on this post.

EFHR's clearly take full advantage of the khanjari goodness, but I'd still use a pair of khanjari's on any other rogue I made...so it's not exactly the doom and gloom for all the poor poor non efhrs picture that some people tend to paint.

Sarell prefers his dooger rogue to efhr with khanjaris...I'm not quite sure WHY, but he's a smart guy; I'm sure there's a reason. All rogues are still viable!

The real gripe is...khanjari should proc for bards. EFHB nod me...
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:42 am

If i played my rogue of choice, id play Yuan rogue, but evils are mostly just dead, so i play goodie rogues instead.

8 rangers and 3 rogues went to tia this trip... guessing 10 rangers 1 rogue next run. I will just fill the token rogue slot so they can say they are being equal to all!
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Gerad2
Sojourner

Re: Go-Go Khanjari Gender Bender

Postby Gerad2 » Sun Jun 01, 2008 8:19 am

"Your right Shevarash I don't know"

How did you miss 'You're' but get 'don't'? kek
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:45 pm

Gerad2 wrote: kek

Jesus titty-fucking Christ. That shit is stupid on WoW and you brought it here where it makes absolutely no sense?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Bluntly put, I just wish the endless moronathon would end when a rogue outdeals a warrior per round. And the typical warrior can't touch them for damage at any rate.
Grundar tells you 'I took on the entire football team once. The only reason my mom knew later was because I had a runny nose'
Teyaha
Sojourner

Postby Teyaha » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:32 pm

Gormal wrote:
Gerad2 wrote: kek

Jesus titty-fucking Christ. That shit is stupid on WoW and you brought it here where it makes absolutely no sense?

it's a lot older t han wow. in fact the majority of the little sayings associated with wow are older than the game, and were just popularized due to the insane amount of traffic their site gets
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:54 pm

kek goes back to Starcraft, when we used to make fun of Koreans laughing with kekekek ^^

when a rogue outdeals a warrior per round.

What language is this?
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Gukov
Sojourner

Re:

Postby Gukov » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:16 pm

Bump!

I'm not too far away from a khanjari which I'll be using on my male duergar so I figure I'll get a head start on whining.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”