Whine and Cheese!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Ashod
Sojourner

Whine and Cheese!

Postby Ashod » Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:05 am

couple ranger issues

I know this proably isn't a fix... but I would be really awesome if the Windsong scimitar was changed back to a light weapon that could be off handed. It used to be this way but was changed I know. But with the fact that rogues can dual wield the best weapon in the game and have it off hand proc. I think it is only fair that you give rangers back their uber toy of old.... I miss seeing 16 attacks in one round from blur proc...

Also could we please do something about ranger rescue cap.. 50 is so sub par. It would be nice to see cap moved to around 80 to 89....

all the other skills are fine for now aside from archery witch i know is being worked on...

Please give rangers something, We seem to be a dying breed... It is so bad that even the old rangers play time has moved to almost nil.

These would be simple easy fixes to implement..

Drop wieght on windsong for dual wield and move rescue to cap at 80ish..

If at all possible it would be nice to see some response to this from admin with there thoughts.
Xisiqomelir
Sojourner

Re: Whine and Cheese!

Postby Xisiqomelir » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:08 am

Sojourn 2 dice and plusses
Thus spake Shevarash: "Invokers are not going to be removed"

Gura: ..btw, being a dick is my god given right as an evil.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:54 am

don't tweak windsong, it's elvish only.
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:19 am

Hmm, yes definately warrants a new acronym. N.A.D.R.T.

Not Another Damn Ranger Thread
Ashod
Sojourner

Postby Ashod » Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:15 am

teflor the ranger wrote:don't tweak windsong, it's elvish only.

There is another type of ranger worth play? :P

Sylvos wrote:Hmm, yes definately warrants a new acronym. N.A.D.R.T.
Not Another Damn Ranger Thread

See, this is what i mean.. look a poor old broken hearted
Sylvos. He can't even stand up for his own ranger class. :P
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:41 am

I don't think that it's he can't stand up for his own class. It's more along the lines of even rangers are god damn sick of all the threads about the class. What, pray tell do you expect it to accomplish? It's as bad as GCC, christ. Every convo, be it spell power or whatever always trickles down to "yeah, fix rangers blah blah" christ, take a break with the ranger threads. :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Ashod
Sojourner

Postby Ashod » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:51 am

Maybe all the ranger threads mean something? I would wager that the class needs more work than any other by far. Facts are facts.. and you will continue to hear ranger threads till they ither get removed from the game.. or a serious look and fix is implemented.. because believe it or not. people do play them and would like a little out of the class.
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:28 pm

Ashod wrote:Maybe all the ranger threads mean something? I would wager that the class needs more work than any other by far. Facts are facts.. and you will continue to hear ranger threads till they ither get removed from the game.. or a serious look and fix is implemented.. because believe it or not. people do play them and would like a little out of the class.

Yawn.

<--Thalidyrr level 50 ranger.

I play the class, and i'm tired of hearing the damn threads. :P It's not just people who don't play the class, it's a large number of the people who DO play the class who are tired of the threads :P
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Sylvos
Sojourner

Postby Sylvos » Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:38 pm

Ashod wrote:See, this is what i mean.. look a poor old broken hearted
Sylvos. He can't even stand up for his own ranger class. :P

Threads like this are not a defense of the ranger class. They are a poorly considered and short-sighted request for an upgrade that does not address the crux of the issue regarding rangers and their zoneability.

Here, I'll even look at your points.

1) Offhand proc for windsong. This does nothing for the class but allow xp'ing to be a bit more interesting. You CANNOT correct a class' issues with equipment. A rogue without a khanjari or two is still preferable in many situations to a ranger due to the impressive array of utility and damage they bring. Bringing windsong into an offhand position only marginally increases the damage caused, and offers nothing.

Windsong is a nifty toy, but hardly an 'uber toy' that I'd like to see more of. Hell, I even retired mine. Yeah it was done for roleplay and I haven't quested a replacement yet so I'm wielding like a human ranger atm, but for all the coolness of windsong... 3d4 just ain't that hot.

And Teflor has a very valid point. A couple of the greatest rangers in the game have been human; you can't shrug them off. Again, you cannot address the issues of a class by equipment.

Now then...

2) Rangers rescue cap. Not that bad of an idea. Except... unless there's an enchanter who _really_ likes you, all this'll do is get you killed faster. Rangers haven't got the hitpoints to do a lot of rescuing, our defense skill caps at 80 which means our two attack avoidance skills get worn down quickly. Our natural hitpoints are simply not impressive enough to warrant more rapid rescuing.

You can wear hp equipment, tis true. More often than not, you do so at the expense of the reason you're generally brought to a group, that being to cause damage. Currently, with a cap of 50 and a bang-on rescue triggerset, I tend to rescue just enough that the group notices and appreciates, but not so often that I require undue spellcasting from the enchanter to keep me out of res-fx.

I've given an awful lot to this class. I won't try to gauge my commitment to anybody else's, but I can say that I've put a tremendous amount of time, thought and effort into the ranger class. When the admins are ready and interested to hear my thoughts and dreams for the class, then I can possibly resubmit the 4 page document detailing some desired changes. I can discuss all the thoughts that I still remember from the plethora of options in my mind.

Until they're ready and want to hear it though, all of this is simply

N.A.D.R.T.

Stop wasting their time so they can finish whatever they're working on and get to us.

Sylvos Winteraven
Ashod
Sojourner

Postby Ashod » Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:00 pm

Well said....
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:02 pm

Quite frankly, any talk about any class's deficiencies are completely pointless until the major changes to melee and other items are implemented that are currently in the works. It's not another damn ranger thread,

it's quit your pansy whining.

And stop making horrible suggestions like offhand proc for windsong, that's just a horrible idea and wouldn't really improve the class whatsoever.

(seeing as it only helps certain rangers, and that windsong is a weak weapon overall)

Furthermore, try using a little more of a supporting argument. Please, please, please think about your arguements before posting them. Every time someone puts up simple ranting like this

it makes people say NADRT

Until next time,
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:13 pm

Jeez Teflor...
I thought Sylvos had put together a very polite and well thought out thread killer...
'Nuff said.
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:06 pm

I think someone has elf envy.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”