Bandage

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Kegor
Sojourner

Bandage

Postby Kegor » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:37 pm

Why is it you can't bandage yourself? Always wondered this.. but just recently I died cuz of that glaive proc with the barbazus in avernus and could not save myself. Slow death.. and the only excuse that was given to me was that "You are too busy bleeding to bandage yourself." or some such stupidity. Too busy bleeding is all the more reason to bandage yourself promptly.. I have RL experience in this. Plz fix. Thanx.

-Zoom
Vorkul Tigerclaw
Sojourner

Re: Bandage

Postby Vorkul Tigerclaw » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:24 pm

Jaznolg wrote:Why is it you can't bandage yourself? Always wondered this.. but just recently I died cuz of that glaive proc with the barbazus in avernus and could not save myself. Slow death.. and the only excuse that was given to me was that "You are too busy bleeding to bandage yourself." or some such stupidity. Too busy bleeding is all the more reason to bandage yourself promptly.. I have RL experience in this. Plz fix. Thanx.

-Zoom

If you are on the ground mortally wounded, you have already lost alot of blood, your motor skills are impaired, not to mention your arms, hands etc. are prolly fugged up too because a reflex to protect yourself is to throw up your arms.

I could see bandaging yourself at a MUCH higher risk for failure and death....probably would result in a constitution roll + bandage skill. As an illithid your prolly sol =p
Nuada GCC: 'what the heck is a khanjari'
Dudle GCC: 'it's a new player class'
Azerost GCC: 'Imagine for a second that they jammed Drizzt into a dagger'
Salen
Sojourner

Postby Salen » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:51 pm

Avernus is a good example of where you SHOULD be able to bandage self.
emote Rescuepractice
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:53 pm

Yes, I agree
Vena
Sojourner

Postby Vena » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:09 pm

ooh especially when you have > 0 hps and aren't incapicitated.
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:34 pm

I'd still like to see bandage do a little something more at high skill levels... such as being able to heal some hps when the target is close to 0.
Treladian
Sojourner

Postby Treladian » Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:19 am

rylan wrote:I'd still like to see bandage do a little something more at high skill levels... such as being able to heal some hps when the target is close to 0.

You're just sad that you wasted so much time practicing bandage! Kinda like me and kick.
Kossuth responds to your petition with 'You are no match for elemental pants!'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:13 pm

Vorkul Tigerclaw wrote:
Jaznolg wrote:Why is it you can't bandage yourself? Always wondered this.. but just recently I died cuz of that glaive proc with the barbazus in avernus and could not save myself. Slow death.. and the only excuse that was given to me was that "You are too busy bleeding to bandage yourself." or some such stupidity. Too busy bleeding is all the more reason to bandage yourself promptly.. I have RL experience in this. Plz fix. Thanx.

-Zoom

If you are on the ground mortally wounded, you have already lost alot of blood, your motor skills are impaired, not to mention your arms, hands etc. are prolly fugged up too because a reflex to protect yourself is to throw up your arms.

I could see bandaging yourself at a MUCH higher risk for failure and death....probably would result in a constitution roll + bandage skill. As an illithid your prolly sol =p

vorkul the bleed proc in avernus does not equal morted ...
rylan
Sojourner

Postby rylan » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:25 pm

Treladian wrote:You're just sad that you wasted so much time practicing bandage! Kinda like me and kick.

nod :(
Vorkul Tigerclaw
Sojourner

Postby Vorkul Tigerclaw » Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:48 pm

Ambar wrote:
Vorkul Tigerclaw wrote:

-Zoom

vorkul the bleed proc in avernus does not equal morted ...

Misread it =p
Nuada GCC: 'what the heck is a khanjari'

Dudle GCC: 'it's a new player class'

Azerost GCC: 'Imagine for a second that they jammed Drizzt into a dagger'
Vahok
Sojourner

Postby Vahok » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:33 pm

Oh, I thought this said bondage...

My mistake
Meatshield
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:16 pm

rylan wrote:I'd still like to see bandage do a little something more at high skill levels... such as being able to heal some hps when the target is close to 0.

I still think that a maxxed-out bangade skill should res people! The 30,000+ bandages I had to do in order to max out the skill should have some sort of payoff!
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:36 pm

Bandage/bondage... depends on the skill, doesn't it?

I can apply my own bandages, depending on where they're needed and my own physical state. I couldn't bandage myself properly if the wound was on my back, say, or even on the back of my upper right arm, since I'm right-handed.

It would be fun to see the proc discriminate between those with a decent bandage skill and a poor bandage skill, so that some wounds would be beyond the skills of the unlearned masses.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Hyldryn
Sojourner

Postby Hyldryn » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:00 pm

Yeah, lets give max bandage skill a straight 1 hp heal.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”