When's Izan's gonna get an item downgrade?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Dalar
Sojourner

When's Izan's gonna get an item downgrade?

Postby Dalar » Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:09 am

Hi
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:10 pm

prolly about the time someone admits there is too much eq in musphelim and spob although as the escalation continues, who even does those zones anymore.

Heil Hitler
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:27 pm

why would u want to do muspelheim? the zone has little replay because most of the items aren't good. spob just has too many variables. izan is just easy as hell for its rewards.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:18 pm

I think the players are most concerned with this because at the moment, Izan's is done every boot and a great deal of energy has been spent into aquiring gear. If the gear is downgraded, its just going to upset more people as they earn more of it and they'd just like to know if they should bother doing the zone, or bidding the fly helm over the power boots, or whatever.

(Some people are just dicks about it) :P
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:48 pm

Who cares if people will get pissed? Area gods should have tested it before putting it in game. If they did, then they didn't get much input. The items in this zone are overpowered and plentiful. Also, the zone is easier than Gormal's mom.

Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:38 am

I've done this zone a few times, and I must say that it is pretty darn easy if you have a good group, but then again, what zone isn't easy if you have a good group?

The eq there does seem very good, especially since it is pretty easy for a solid group to clear in 1.5hrs or so. Instead of d/g the eq, why not u/g the zone? Make it harder.

Add in a timer element where groups have to make it through certain sections in under 5 mins or it pops, something like that. I'm sure there are other ideas out there on how to make a zone harder.

We all know that multiple mob fights don't make a zone harder, it just increases the spam. Well how about giving the mobs some proc abilities that will stun pc's if they fail a save. Maybe make it so that you can't mem out during the fights.

Like I said, there are other ideas, but instead of d/g the eq, just make the zone harder =)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:20 am

If you're going to make it harder, remove the zone until you do. Let's not make this another khanjari incident.

Tanji Smanji
Sojourner

Postby Tanji Smanji » Thu Oct 14, 2004 2:10 pm

Gormal wrote:I think the players are most concerned with this because at the moment, Izan's is done every boot and a great deal of energy has been spent into aquiring gear. If the gear is downgraded, its just going to upset more people as they earn more of it and they'd just like to know if they should bother doing the zone, or bidding the fly helm over the power boots, or whatever.

(Some people are just dicks about it) :P

Didn't stop the EQ changes from going in. Look how many old zones are hardly ever done now except as something to do.
How to go from Waelos to Weylarii.

Weylarii group-says 'oh shit! my penis is stuck in the toaster. afk'

Corth ASSOC:: 'up to you.. need a ranger, but if you want to afk i can probably find someone else'
Dizzin
Sojourner

Postby Dizzin » Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:55 pm

Dalar wrote:If you're going to make it harder, remove the zone until you do. Let's not make this another khanjari incident.

Or Spob. Or Muspel.

Both happened with those zones, just at different stages in their evolution.

SPOB went in, was pretty damn easy with a competent group. <3 hours, no chance of Eq loss, and had easily the best eq in game. Then, after about ohhh 6 months of goodies doing it pretty forking regularly, the staff finally agreed it was too easy and changed it up, making it actually somewhat more difficult, though still not worth the eq imo. Zero risk.

Muspel, after the eq changes, had the biggest joke of a risk-reward in the game. And it showed by goodies going there first off, no matter what, every single boot for about 3 months. I saw goodie groups passing up Kassinak to race to Musp. Though I spose the SC quests coming to fruition at that time didn't help.

Anywho, changes were made, eventually, after those 3 months of goodies in there every boot, and the staff finally decided not to put some of the more obvious high-powered eq on wuss mobs.

And now Izan's. Goodies race to do it every boot, because it's easy and profitable. But we all know instead of d/grading the eq, the staff are gonna upgrade the zone to make the eq worth it. At least, except for the groups that do it now as often as possible.

I agree that changes to zones are a neccessary evil, especially in stopping twinking or whatever.

But I always thought testmud was designed to make sure those obvious changes were done before the zone was implemented. Not after.
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:57 am

if u wanna make really good eq easily accessbile just make the mud totally pkill and there wont be a problem.
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:12 pm

Selias wrote:I'm sure there are other ideas out there on how to make a zone harder.

*cackle*
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:14 am

love the changes to izan's, well needed! patrols, excellent...
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”