Spellbooks

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Kegor
Sojourner

Spellbooks

Postby Kegor » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:51 am

All the new spell additions over the years have been sweet. But book sizes have stayed the same and are becoming inadequate. For classes such as enchanter in particular. Is there any way we could get a spellbook upgrade to number of pages by like 50 around the board to compensate for this? Kern quest is a big one too.. those books should be like 300-350 imo. Just some thoughts.. enjoy.

* Zoom
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:53 am

not a bad suggestion at all! is really frustrating getting another tiny spellbook to accomodate things like breach when you put so much effort into 'planning' your single book
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Nov 16, 2004 4:44 pm

Amen.
Sesexe
Sojourner

Postby Sesexe » Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:41 pm

Sesexe wrote:I'd like a way to legitimately remove what I have scribed in a spellbook without breaking any rules or abusing bugs to do so.

If this can be done one spell at a time, great.
If this can be done all spells at once, fine that works too.

If there was a way to have both, even better.

Thnx

I'd rather just be able to remove some spells I hardly use anymore and replace them with newer ones I do.
Asup group-says 'who needs sex ed when you got sesexe.'
Targsk group-says 'sexedse'
mount dragon
You climb on and ride Tocx'enth'orix, the elder black dragon.
You have learned something new about mount!
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:39 pm

Sesexe wrote:
Sesexe wrote:I'd like a way to legitimately remove what I have scribed in a spellbook without breaking any rules or abusing bugs to do so.

If this can be done one spell at a time, great.
If this can be done all spells at once, fine that works too.

If there was a way to have both, even better.

Thnx

I'd rather just be able to remove some spells I hardly use anymore and replace them with newer ones I do.

Yeah, an "erase" skill could easily take care of this and we wouldn't have to worry about adding points to spellbooks by making them larger. :)
Sservis
Sojourner

Postby Sservis » Sat Nov 20, 2004 2:45 pm

Birile wrote:Yeah, an "erase" skill could easily take care of this and we wouldn't have to worry about adding points to spellbooks by making them larger. :)

How about an erase command? I really don't want to work on a skill so that I don't botch on my good spellbooks and permanently lose pages [or something, after all if there's no downside, why is it a failable skill?]
Gura ASSOC:: 'man im such a prick'
Gura ASSOC:: 'but im so good at it'
Gura ASSOC:: 'especially when im right'

Shar responds to your petition with 'do what we do. just stop listning to gura :P'
bimble
Sojourner

Postby bimble » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:04 pm

Erase!

I wanna erase things also.

Yup Erase!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:28 pm

can't tell you how many times i wrote every spell down and made sure they fit perfectly in a book .. only to have forgotten a spell and ponded the book :P

yeah both my chanter have a kern book and either an oak tome or a sturdy as a secondary ... mmmm to delete the useless spells and have ONE book .. yum (a book that i already have) .. yum
Delmair Aamoren
Sojourner

Re: Spellbooks

Postby Delmair Aamoren » Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:22 pm

Jaznolg wrote:All the new spell additions over the years have been sweet. But book sizes have stayed the same and are becoming inadequate. For classes such as enchanter in particular. Is there any way we could get a spellbook upgrade to number of pages by like 50 around the board to compensate for this? Kern quest is a big one too.. those books should be like 300-350 imo. Just some thoughts.. enjoy.

* Zoom

Agree, just not kerns! Already have enough useless crap dropping the points on my deathknell. Besides, "lots of rewards" for that quest according to the critics. make some of the other ones more special.
In particular, the one from ele tower.

Del
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:25 am

Y not put coins to use. Wolfbane pots are 10k. Make an unlimited book (as found in SPOB). Sell the damned thing for 10k and get it over with! Of all things, y would a spellbook need to be quested. It's just convenience. :P Something clerical players luckily don't have to worry about. What would ROCK is if you could 'bribe' your guildmaster to imbue them into a player (again as clerical types). . . So it would be like quest spells. You could pay PER spell to have then changed to quest flag, where they're innate should you chose to mem them. Pay out the ass, but pay nonetheless.

Out of nowhere, I just thought even at low levels: You can practice x spell for say 10 plat, or imbue your mind with it for (spell X 10) 100 plat. So, the 200 plat upper circ spells would be 2000 to imbue. PLEASE put that in *drool*
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:32 am

i thought the ET book already was supreme in that it was the only book that kept stats? or did this change...
Shadow Scream
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:34 am

i thought the ET book already was supreme in that it was the only book that kept stats? or did this change...

was just thinking some more about this thread, maybe having lots of books would be cool and wizardy, ooh this is an old book, when i ahd room for wizard eye... etc... instead of changing current books, implement some bigger faster, more buff underwater going books :9
Shadow Scream
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Wed Nov 24, 2004 4:28 am

And please make higher level quested books immune to bookworms.

moan...

!!x
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”