AFK and bards

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
shalath
Sojourner

AFK and bards

Postby shalath » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:07 pm

I'm all for players being AFK for hours and hours on end. God knows, I do it a lot myself (especially since the twins were born, seems I have less time now than ever to play - mostly I just hang around as Ivac and pop back to res people every so often).

However...if you are a bard, and you go AFK, would you PLEASE have the common courtesy to stop singing? Especially if you AFK in the room someone else is AFKing in?

Please remember that your songs send a message to the whole room, every three rounds. When you're AFK for a few hours, doing that in my room does nothing but fill up my scrollback buffer. It's just spam!

The worst offenders will sing a useless song until their mana runs out, and then have their triggers swap to renew to get it all back, and then swap back and go on for ever.

Long live long term AFK. But down with room emotes every 3 rounds while long term AFK! Aarrrgh!

-thalash/shalath/ivac/akeb/elurag (just so you know which AFKers are me :P
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:31 pm

Ah that is because you have select the wrong room to AFK in, AFK in Leuthilspar and you will have peace and quiet, of course being human you'll also be dead, but noise shouldn't be a problem anymore. j/k
Birile
Sojourner

Re: AFK and bards

Postby Birile » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:03 pm

shalath wrote:I'm all for players being AFK for hours and hours on end. God knows, I do it a lot myself (especially since the twins were born, seems I have less time now than ever to play - mostly I just hang around as Ivac and pop back to res people every so often).

However...if you are a bard, and you go AFK, would you PLEASE have the common courtesy to stop singing? Especially if you AFK in the room someone else is AFKing in?

Please remember that your songs send a message to the whole room, every three rounds. When you're AFK for a few hours, doing that in my room does nothing but fill up my scrollback buffer. It's just spam!

The worst offenders will sing a useless song until their mana runs out, and then have their triggers swap to renew to get it all back, and then swap back and go on for ever.

Long live long term AFK. But down with room emotes every 3 rounds while long term AFK! Aarrrgh!

-thalash/shalath/ivac/akeb/elurag (just so you know which AFKers are me :P

At least the bard's being productive while he's AFK. :twisted:

Honestly, aren't there more important things to gripe about? As Lili said, AFK somewhere else or just don't AFK at all. On the other side of the coin, people gripe about people who constantly AFK period. Just live and let live, people, I mean come on.
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:35 pm

shalath wrote:The worst offenders will sing a useless song until their mana runs out, and then have their triggers swap to renew to get it all back, and then swap back and go on for ever.

Um, this exemplifies botting. Report and delete, thank you! Drive thru please.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:18 pm

Drache wrote:
shalath wrote:The worst offenders will sing a useless song until their mana runs out, and then have their triggers swap to renew to get it all back, and then swap back and go on for ever.

Um, this exemplifies botting. Report and delete, thank you! Drive thru please.

yeah and bag every single rogue who bots skills ... (triggering on hide/sneak)

people go afk .. deal with it :P .. maybe the person only meant to be afk a few moments and it turned into a longer period ... we dont know and we can't assume ..

what i hate is when people afk in potentially aggressive areas then bitch when they are killed (ie: TP)
Drache
Sojourner

Postby Drache » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:43 pm

Now I'm confused. Y have rules on botting when ppl say 'but everybody's doing it' ? If you search enough, someone suspected of botting was given 5 min to reply/move. They didn't.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:46 pm

some suggestions:

increase scroll back

gag bard songs

find a remote place to go afk?

report them for botting if you so desire
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”