Tia

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Lilen
Sojourner

Tia

Postby Lilen » Thu Dec 09, 2004 7:43 am

I was wondering as im guessing alot of other people are when tia will be put back in. Its been awhile was just wondering what the hold up is. What your reasoning for keeping her out is. Have you guys talked at all about puting tia back in? Ya well thats was just wondering
Crumar
Sojourner

Postby Crumar » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:23 am

With a lot of immortals retiring or semi-retired (dunno the exact details just guessing so please don't think of this as some attack on immortals) it probably won’t happen for a long time. I heard it was 96% done or something like that but real life has taken a hold on a few of the immortals and we haven't seen the main people who deal with area making. Anyway that’s the reason why I started to post on the board to see if anyone was interested in trading these items because it looks like it will be a long time before we get a chance to attempt the zone. Hopefully it will be put back in again and then I am sure there will be more complaints heh.
Click on the links below and vote for this mud!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topm ... gi?id=shev
The Mud Connector: http://www.mudconnect.com/cgi-bin/vote_ ... ner's+Home
MudMagic (aka Kyndig): http://www.mudmagic.com/listings/game/609
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:48 am

time to get new immortals then...

*duck*
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:02 am

Well, I could say something about when she'll be back in, but its kinda like everyone is under an NDA or something and I'd be disemboweled, flayed alive, and prolly many other horrible things. So, I'll do the norm and say: "Soon, barring any RL issues the people working on her have."
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:03 pm

Lilen wrote:I was wondering as im guessing alot of other people are when tia will be put back in. Its been awhile was just wondering what the hold up is. What your reasoning for keeping her out is. Have you guys talked at all about puting tia back in? Ya well thats was just wondering

Do people (and that includes both players and staff) consider Tia to be the ultimate magical solution that will fix all the problems the mud has when she comes back in?

I've not been around that long on S3 and Toril, and I never even got to level 50 on Sojourn, so I might not be the most qualified to ask. However...it seems to me that all this would do would bring back a certain number of old players (most of whom will be demanding their EQ back from those they've lent it to!) for a certain period of time, who are interested only in specifically doing Tia. It will be attempted, over and over, until done, then again and again until perhaps "beaten" (or if genuinely impossible to beat then denounced on the BBS over and over). And then all those people will slowly trickle back to World of Warcraft IV, Everquest VII, and so on.

How will that help the real issues on the mud at the moment?

-thalash

*Edit*: Doh, noob mistake - quoted Marthammor, meant to quote Lilen.
Last edited by shalath on Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marthammor
Staff Member - Areas
Location: On a Rocky Tor Overlooking a Storm-Ridden Landscape

Postby Marthammor » Thu Dec 09, 2004 12:10 pm

Putting Tia back in isn't going to fix anything other then fixing the problem of a zone that has been out of the game for far too long.
Course, that is my personal opinion and doesn't reflect that of the other staff members.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:10 pm

The fact that tia has been out so long has not really effected the game as much as it has been a symbol of the fact that things just don't get done very quick here.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:04 pm

Corth wrote:The fact that tia has been out so long has not really effected the game as much as it has been a symbol of the fact that things just don't get done very quick here.

Ooooorrrrr...

It's a sign that the Imms have been busy trying to fix the real "problems" that Shalath complained about earlier.

Give the Imms a break.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:14 pm

I spent all day yesterday and will be spending all day today writing new code for Tiamat.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Lilen
Sojourner

Postby Lilen » Thu Dec 09, 2004 6:16 pm

When i posted this i wasnt thinking about fixing any kinda problem. only thing i was thinking about was fixing tia being out. Its been out along time, so obviously more time isnt goin to matter to me personaly. If it brings back those couple people that only want to do tia more power to them if they wanna come do it beat her win the eq and quit. IMO thats dumb but who's to say they cant? ok but ya was just wondering how far along that is comeing and such.
belleshel..
Sojourner

Postby belleshel.. » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:22 pm

Shevarash wrote:I spent all day yesterday and will be spending all day today writing new code for Tiamat.

wait just one second, aren't ranger downgrades a little more important than some silly dragon?;)
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:38 pm

belleshel.. wrote:
Shevarash wrote:I spent all day yesterday and will be spending all day today writing new code for Tiamat.

wait just one second, aren't ranger downgrades a little more important than some silly dragon?;)

That's my project, silly.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:36 pm

Just to be clear, the code that I'm writing is not something solely for Tia, though she does require it. There will be more details "soon".
Imis9
Sojourner

Postby Imis9 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:17 pm

How about the ability to ress tiamat at the fountain in wd???
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:10 pm

I already have that ability. Duh!
Gura
Sojourner

Postby Gura » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:45 pm

last time dragons were in wd someone got deleted :-P will shev be deleted if he does it too? fair is fair 8)
Dornax says 'And for the right amount of information ye might get some nookie out of Nokie..'

Nokie wiggles his bottom.
Teba tells you 'let me do my job you volo twinker!'
Bobidibble GCC: 'yeah i admit gura is a better warrior then i am, no shame in it... perhaps someday i shall be as pimp'
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:45 am

...and Tiamat breathes lightning....
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Imis9
Sojourner

Postby Imis9 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:53 am

...and you are hasted...
Imis9
Sojourner

Postby Imis9 » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:53 am

rofl, didn't see the other part in the other tiamat thread. :P
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Sat Dec 11, 2004 3:48 pm

...your heart asplode!
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv

*~~~~~~~~~~*

"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Mon Dec 13, 2004 3:26 pm

Go Shev! That's great news.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”