Ranger question:

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Nooblet
Sojourner

Ranger question:

Postby Nooblet » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:39 am

I saw on another thread that's a few months old that made it seem the ranger class was going to be rehauled. Is this true or did I misread it? Lastly, if so, what's the ETA? I really like rangers in D&D so I'm hoping it will be very soon!
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:17 am

It certainly will be "Very soon."

:lol:
Sarvis
Sojourner

Re: Ranger question:

Postby Sarvis » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:34 am

Nooblet wrote:I saw on another thread that's a few months old that made it seem the ranger class was going to be rehauled. Is this true or did I misread it? Lastly, if so, what's the ETA? I really like rangers in D&D so I'm hoping it will be very soon!

Err... linking to the thread might help. I know there was a thread from a wihle back where I proposed a huge re-working of the class, so if it's that I don't think it'll happen. Or at least no imms commented on thinking it was a good idea... heh.

Also, I doubt the changes to rangers would make them closer to D&D if that's what you are hoping for. Our system here is different from D&D in many ways, and better in most ways if you ask me... hehe.
<a href="http://www.code-haven.com">Code Haven</a> - For all your programming needs.

I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write. - Some Guy Who Paraphrased Voltaire
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:34 am

ive been playing a ranger for almost 6 years now.. and promises of upgrades , reworking, skill completion,fixed arrows and such only get ones hopes up. the ranger class in my opinion (and it is prolly very different from alot of others as it has been many times b4) is that a ranger is no good for zoning in most situations and is nothing more than a relo target in wd. at least thats the stipulation. as far as trangers go, dont play them to be uber powerfull or to get into zones or even the occasional xp group. rogues just plain do it better. if your gonna play a ranger do it because you like it, because its fun and its challenging. try it out b4 you go diving head first into it.l if you want to zone pick some other class. if you want something that is fun and you can get into lots of trouble with. play a ranger. simple as that. dont expect anything other than that.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:51 am

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:01 pm

Well, now that dragons have been handled, maybe they will have a little bit of spare time to work on rangers. :)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:57 pm

hmmmmm... i was looking at the ranger skill set and was hoping a god could answer this.... is there any logical reason that rangers don't have hitall? it seems like such a rangery skill... *shrug*

Pril
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:29 am

lets actualy finish the skills that we are sposed to have.. but hitall would be cool too.
Nooblet
Sojourner

Postby Nooblet » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:25 am

Eilistraee says something about it in http://www.torilmud.org/phpBB2/viewtopi ... highlight=

for starters. There are a couple other threads but don't have time to look em all up.
Dlur
Sojourner

Postby Dlur » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:48 am

Geez, just be glad you got the forage skill. That only took like 8 years to get. I'd say based on that you should be receiving a revamp in 2012. Dang whiny rangers. Next thing you know they'll all want "Woundhealer". pffbt.
Ghimok|Dlur|Emeslan|Ili|Zinse|Teniv
*~~~~~~~~~~*
"Censorship is telling a man he can't eat a steak just because a baby can't chew it." - Mark Twain
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:59 am

hey man the complete promised skillset ... or at least take the skills we dont have off the help files/ skill lists. that way i know what it is that im actually doing (missle snare = non complete skill imho)
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:18 am

Rangers have had a variety of upgrades and new skills and spells over the last few years notably archery and the nature based spells that make them pretty neat. A problem with archery where you can lose all your arrows very easily prevents people using that terribly effectively at the moment. Rangers I still think are a good class to learn how to game kinda works with right at the start as you have spells and a variety of melee skills to play with. If you spend your time not logged in afk you will prolly get lots of groups as any character in the present game world.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:48 pm

amolol wrote:hey man the complete promised skillset ... or at least take the skills we dont have off the help files/ skill lists. that way i know what it is that im actually doing (missle snare = non complete skill imho)

I don't know ranger wise but my rogue's missile snare works well i've had a couple times when i've seen: "Cofen dive and snags an arrow out of the air." It's cool :p

Pril
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:25 pm

ours works but its not very useful.l.. when was the last time you saw a mob shoot a bow?.. even the computer AI's know that archery is busted heh.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Feb 03, 2005 8:14 pm

go to scorps some time and stand next to king room.

Pril
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Feb 04, 2005 2:17 am

i would be happy to ablige... anyone wanna take me to scorps? ... no? didnt think so... the only zones i do are the ones i can lead... and as few ppl trust me i cant do any of the bigger zones.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:00 am

amolol wrote:i would be happy to ablige... anyone wanna take me to scorps? ... no? didnt think so... the only zones i do are the ones i can lead... and as few ppl trust me i cant do any of the bigger zones.

amolol, you worked hard to achieve the !group status you have. Dont loose it now.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:51 pm

Maxler, you rock!
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Fri Feb 04, 2005 8:47 pm

Corth wrote:Well, now that dragons have been handled, maybe they will have a little bit of spare time to work on rangers. :)

When were dragons "handled" exactly? That code is going to take months to get set correctly.
amolol
Sojourner

Postby amolol » Fri Feb 04, 2005 10:31 pm

if i could ever get that lifted ruxur it would be a miricle...
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:40 am

Rangerthread++
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:58 am

Gormal wrote:
Corth wrote:Well, now that dragons have been handled, maybe they will have a little bit of spare time to work on rangers. :)

When were dragons "handled" exactly? That code is going to take months to get set correctly.

You need to broaden your understanding of what it means to be 'handled'. For instance, imagine that when you do what you do to goats, your handling them. See, now my sentence makes more sense :)

Anyhow, I was wrong. New social commands take priority over rangers. Sorry nooblet :)

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”