trophy stats for lvl 50 lich

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Lim
Sojourner

trophy stats for lvl 50 lich

Postby Lim » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:39 am

Kill statistics for Plilo
Exp % Name
4.8 an overgrown fern
4.5 an overgrown fern
8.3 an overgrown fern
24.1 the navigator
21.8 the first officer
23.1 the Chultean slaver
25.2 the Zhentarim Knight
23.8 Captain Miplit

okie:

-got powerLeveled to level 20 so we could see if this character's con was acceptable. (it was)
-got into some groups: BGR, monastary
-low 30's random DS and PS exp trains

->that took me to high level 30s

This was about 9 days of play time. And already I was poking myself in the eyes. DS and PS were the only places people EXPed.

So basically you had: zoning groups and random (usually short lived) exp groups in DS and PS. Usually DS, as it was _less_ effort to get a group in there.

So I tried to go for the more efficient grouping exp. Yeah that just didn't work out. So I began my boring long journey.

The ferns were the first segment on that trip. Killed ferns pretty hard til around 43 or 44 I think?

Then I decided I wanted to get some cash and have less contention over the mobs. DS is a very populated place with people coming in all the time.

Off to the pirate ship. And there I stayed. lvl 44 to 50 necro and then lvl 46 to 50 as lich.

So basically most of the "exp" time for a character has been on the pirate ship. And as a lich make that 2x the normal "exp time" for a character.

All in one zone. The trophy system needs to do SOMETHING. Certainly I am not gaining "maximal" exp but I am gaining enough exp and cash to make it so I don't have to or want to leave that zone.

I should have been forced to move to the Tower, Airship, Ragnars, smoke, even god forbid back to DS.
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Tue Feb 08, 2005 6:52 am

Addiction is great, isn't it :9
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:01 pm

Kill statistics for Llaaldara
Exp % Name
2.5 a guardian treant
2.4 the air mephit
2.0 the air mephit
2.0 the air mephit
2.3 the air mephit
2.2 the smoke mephit
2.4 the smoke mephit
9.9 the first officer
4.0 the Battle-Mage
4.3 the Cyrite mage
6.6 Captain Miplit
7.8 the Chultean slaver
9.6 the Zhentarim Knight
9.1 the navigator
9.2 the naval captain
3.2 the archery captain
2.3 the air mephit
2.4 a forest giant
2.4 a guardian treant
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:46 pm

wow you guys need to exp less and have fun more, all of my characters have at least 1 zone mob on their trophy lists. :p

Pril
Lim
Sojourner

Postby Lim » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:57 am

one has to get to 50 before one can zone!
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:14 am

Pril wrote:wow you guys need to exp less and have fun more, all of my characters have at least 1 zone mob on their trophy lists. :p

Pril

Kill statistics for Sesexe (Who hasn't done exp in 2 years, but zones regularly)
Exp % Name
4.0 the smoke mephit
3.9 the smoke mephit
4.3 the smoke mephit
4.6 the smoke mephit
5.8 the air mephit
6.1 the air mephit
7.2 the air mephit
7.3 the air mephit
7.0 the air mephit
4.8 the smoke mephit
2.1 an apprentice mage
2.1 an apprentice mage
2.1 an apprentice mage

Trophy = Useless! :D
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:19 pm

yes you can level up to 50 without visiting more than 2 or 3 zones.

if you think pirate ship is the end all be all of exp your very mistaken

still, i often exp in the out of the way places so i don't have as many interruptions and competition
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Wed Feb 09, 2005 7:51 pm

Lim wrote:one has to get to 50 before one can zone!

that statement isn't true at all. I will agree that you need to be high level before you should zone, however some classes can be quite usefull at lower levels.

illusionist are helpful to have around in the low 40's if you cant find a 50

clerics get no fail full heal at level 36
shamans get group heal at 41 (though its failable)

some lower level classes can be usefull. Although there are VERY few non 50 tanks that do well in a zone, Rer is one of the few that come to mind.

A lich still does good damage even at level 46, id take a 46 lich zoning if i was short on damage.
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Feb 09, 2005 8:47 pm

Ruxur wrote:
Lim wrote:one has to get to 50 before one can zone!

that statement isn't true at all. I will agree that you need to be high level before you should zone, however some classes can be quite usefull at lower levels.

illusionist are helpful to have around in the low 40's if you cant find a 50

clerics get no fail full heal at level 36
shamans get group heal at 41 (though its failable)

some lower level classes can be usefull. Although there are VERY few non 50 tanks that do well in a zone, Rer is one of the few that come to mind.

A lich still does good damage even at level 46, id take a 46 lich zoning if i was short on damage.

Gonna agree with ya Rux on all except 2 points.

a) Rer is a wuss

and b) you can never have too much damage. :p
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:01 pm

Ruxur wrote:Although there are VERY few non 50 tanks that do well in a zone, Rer is one of the few that come to mind.

Thanks Maxler! I agree, and a good thing too, since I HAGE exp!

More zoneage = More exp!
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Thu Feb 10, 2005 5:31 am

rer wrote:
More zoneage = More exp!

hummm follow me to izans, ill disprove that theory
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:00 am

.....upgrade trophy..downgrade tables.... *skipping touch*
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Thilindel
Sojourner

Re: trophy stats for lvl 50 lich

Postby Thilindel » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:22 am

Lim wrote:The trophy system needs to do SOMETHING. Certainly I am not gaining "maximal" exp but I am gaining enough exp and cash to make it so I don't have to or want to leave that zone.

. . . So NOW that you've finally hit lvl 50 and mindlessly spammed ppl for your lich quest eq, you want to complain that trophy is too easy? Just want to make sure I understand! Heaven forbid one complains pre-50 that trophy does nothing.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:43 pm

this place is funny.

xp is too hard make easy zone.

xp is too easy make xp harder.

xp is too hard downgrade table.

xp is too easy make trophy work.

xp is too hard upgrade xp bonuses.

xp is too easy downgrade xp bonuses.

xp is too hard upgrade group bonuses.

i have the solution.

have a toggle xp. toggle off mean no xp bonus and trophy work. toggle on, mean no group penalty while xp, u get all bonuses (healing, damage, tanking, casting, memming, eatting, botting, etc), trophy has no bearing, and whatever else we can get away with.

sok
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:54 pm

sok wrote:this place is funny.

xp is too hard make easy zone.

xp is too easy make xp harder.

xp is too hard downgrade table.

xp is too easy make trophy work.

xp is too hard upgrade xp bonuses.

xp is too easy downgrade xp bonuses.

xp is too hard upgrade group bonuses.

i have the solution.

have a toggle xp. toggle off mean no xp bonus and trophy work. toggle on, mean no group penalty while xp, u get all bonuses (healing, damage, tanking, casting, memming, eatting, botting, etc), trophy has no bearing, and whatever else we can get away with.

sok

Sok PWNZ j00!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:57 pm

you dont have to be 50 to zone, but you should be.

maybe a little less so for the easier zones, more so for the harder zones.

there are so many 50s that you shouldn't have to take someone who is less than 50 regardless of whether or not you need the extra levels.

what i always found funny is someone would quest after or whine and bitch that someone else won a piece of eq 2 hps better than what they were wearing, but they didnt bother taking the time to gain 4 levels worth of hps instead.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Feb 10, 2005 7:08 pm

Hey, I'll get 50 when I get 50. I'm not in any rush. I have no problem getting into zone groups at 47, and have been zoning since 26 when I went to TE for the first time.

Tip for new players: Beg. If there's an extra slot, you can usually worm your way in. If you then are able to help out in the zone, you can share in the reward.
Burmadapig
Sojourner

Postby Burmadapig » Fri Feb 11, 2005 3:32 pm

You don't have to nor need to be 50 to zone. The magic number is 47! LOL j/k. You can be 50 and still be a pleveled nOOb who has no business in a zone group because you don't know wtf you should be doing. Being 50 doesn't make you a skilled player who is valuable to a group. Learning how to play your character in the many different scenarios that will arise in a zone group takes time.
Vena
Sojourner

Postby Vena » Fri Feb 11, 2005 6:48 pm

50 gives you more margin for error... this is especially important for people who don't know what they are doing.
Lim
Sojourner

Re: trophy stats for lvl 50 lich

Postby Lim » Tue Feb 15, 2005 10:55 am

Thilindel wrote:
Lim wrote:The trophy system needs to do SOMETHING. Certainly I am not gaining "maximal" exp but I am gaining enough exp and cash to make it so I don't have to or want to leave that zone.

. . . So NOW that you've finally hit lvl 50 and mindlessly spammed ppl for your lich quest eq, you want to complain that trophy is too easy? Just want to make sure I understand! Heaven forbid one complains pre-50 that trophy does nothing.

The point of the post was that one could easily spend all of one's time in a single zone with no real consequences.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:24 pm

So the fact that you lived on pirate ship for several months has nothing to do with the fact you waited til you finally hit 50 in lich before posting?
Lilithelle
Sojourner

Postby Lilithelle » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:05 pm

Well you don't exactly have to be 50 to zone, but personally I rarely invite anyone who's not level 47 at least. Maybe its a flaw, I like to succeed when I zone so I try to bring the best. I want people with decent skills as tend to be absent at lower level and all their quest spells.

Well as a lich you really shouldn't just exp straight to 50 and only worry about zoning. You should go out and solo a variety of mobs not for exp but to get an idea of how mobs behave and what different spells and pet combinations do. Try doing different mobs on airship, they have a variety of classes, or try doing learning eq that you can solo to get ideas on tactics. I did some solo eq'ing as Inama on the way up, only raced to 50 so I'd be able to perm pwb level 50 mobs and solo even more!
Lil
Lim
Sojourner

Postby Lim » Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:36 pm

Thilindel wrote:So the fact that you lived on pirate ship for several months has nothing to do with the fact you waited til you finally hit 50 in lich before posting?

One of the points of the post is to show that you CAN make it to 50 by just farming a single zone. Certainly I am not the first bring this up right?

In my quest for semi optimal exp all of the people I talked to said trophy doesn't matter. And I remember reading a post by shev (either in news or on here somewhere) where he says trophy doesn't really do much of anything.

One can only guess your motivations for implying that some how I am trying to be deceitful or "punish" others by bringing this up now. To that I can say only: Stop being a tard.

I can clearly see the thread of me posting when I had 10-15% trophy on the PS mobs. "Oh Plilo! You are not level 50! Please come back when you are level 50 and really understand the game! along with: You need to put some more time into the mud before you can make statements like that. Or my probable favorite: "hey you should really go and explore the mud and try some other zones that way you won't have such high trophies.

Again the issue is: Should a character be able to level to 50 in basically one zone or not? My feeling (after having done it) is that the game should force me to move around to different zones.

When I start my alt character there really is no reason why I should not just hit the pirate ship yet again. And if they nerf the pirate ship. Go find some other semi out of the way zone and just farm farm farm the exp and cash.

And that is just bad news bears.

The path of least resistence is going to be taken. It is the game's job to make that path of least resistence be enjoyable and semi challenging. Farming a single zone is neither enjoyable nor semi challenging.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:03 pm

hehe Plilo .. did you post pe-r50 to say how easy it was or did you wait TIL 50 to say how easy it was .. I think the general consensus is that "they need to change the trophy so I can't do this .. but thank God I did it before they changed it"

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”