BC Fixes?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
shalath
Sojourner

BC Fixes?

Postby shalath » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:10 pm

Heyas,

Are there any plans afoot to fix BC? Specifically the horribly broken stacking bleed proc, and the deathtrap door at Bel?

I'd like to see the zone done more, but it's kinda silly as is...

Cheers,

-thalash
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:45 pm

BC is doable... I fail to see what the problem is other than the gear not being worth going.

The door isn't a deathtrap either.

!!x
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:58 pm

The last time I did BC, we were stuck fighting Bel for 2 minutes before we could retreat.

Why did we run? Because we couldn't stay alive against him without rememming gheals and invoker spells. Why did we get locked in? Because the door doesn't pulse very fast. Also, having our tanks die because of massively stacked bleeding procs was almost pointless too. The gateguards reloading even after the whole zone has been cleared is another problem (annoyance and doesn't make sense).
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:29 pm

Whats broken about the bleeding procs? They worked fine last time. The stacking is fine. You can even bandage yourself now... Wheres the beef?

...being done more often... well if there were some players with some ballz and some committment maybe it would be done more often. Gormal offered to lead it and everyone cancelled. Seems everyone is scared of BC its not really hard if you can pay attention for 6-8 hours and type "flee". oh and if we didnt have to wait for people whining about how they need a ress or gonna lose their precious skills it would go a lot faster too.

The main gate guards reloading is sucky. It makes you gate out... why not let us walk out? Also, it makes the quest more complicated than it needs to be. We already did that fight and the rings once.

The door is fine but is 99% responsible for the deaths at Bel. Its kinda stupid in one sense as you die with no skill involved, and sometimes Bel relocks his door immediately after its opened which means you can be stuck in their for a good couple minutes (no one can survive that). I don't mind the dieing, its not so stupid as to kill everybody every run, and i dont wanna see a door like that impd anywhere else.

I am usually among the top deaths at the actual BEL fight which is interesting considering I don't die the entire rest of the zone... Matter of fact im usually the first or second death, i walk in say sup bel he shoves a sword up my ass and there is pretty much nothing i can do about it. something about that is bjorked. Shabay could be as effective as I am in that fight.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:53 pm

Now people see why I maxed bandage. BC training! *cackle*
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:57 pm

The biggest problem with BC is the time commitment.

Larim is planning on leading it on Sunday if ppl show up...
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Feb 25, 2005 10:57 pm

The bleeding just means that you need to have enough invokers to finish the fight. Everytime we go to this zone, it comes down to the amount of damage we can dish out before our line collapses from stupid procs. See a trend? This whole game depends on one thing: invokers.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:40 am

Shouldn't most wounds bleed? I mean seriously.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:20 am

Yea, but you would think you could heal those wounds magically. Bandage only really makes sense.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sat Feb 26, 2005 10:50 am

Magically has nothing to do with it. All wounds bleed until healed or bandaged.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:21 pm

plz dont give shev any horrible horrible ideas :(
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Sat Feb 26, 2005 5:24 pm

I'd support the bleed proc as something caused by an energy which typical magical healing spells can't combat. Mobs which could cause it would include demonic wounds, or those with magically infested venom. With a little imagination, I can buy it... depending on what it comes from. I think it adds an overall tone of desperation to the zone, a touch of anxiety which pushes the PC's a little more than other zones. It gives it a little more of a horrific edge.

Then again, maybe my imagination is a little too active.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:45 pm

i wanna come. what time on sunday? is group full?
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:33 am

This is off-topic, but I think bandaging should require some sort of bandages in inventory as a sort of "component". and then upgrade the effects of bandage. yay!!!!
Nokie
Sojourner

Postby Nokie » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:21 pm

The time to 'do' a bandage should decrease as your banfdage skill level increases. As it stands right now there is very little difference between someone with a low bandage skill level and someone who spent litterally 20 hours straight maxing it out.
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:33 pm

Wow, I got 10 notches of bandage practice yesterday in BC...
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:53 pm

Anyone check if glaives still proc bleed on misses? I had forgot that this was the major bug that annoyed me. Also, how was the door closing last night? I've been in fights where I was stuck for 2 minutes because the door slammed the instant it was opened, but I've also been in fights where I never died on Bel (and the whole zone for that matter).
Last edited by Dalar on Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Feb 28, 2005 5:54 pm

They do. Already mentioned it to Eilistraee. :)
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:00 pm

Good, considering I turned in a bug list about a year ago.

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:09 pm

Dalar wrote:Anyone check if glaives still proc bleed on misses? I had forgot that this was the major bug that annoyed me. Also, how was the door closing last night? I've been in fights where I was stuck for 2 minutes because the door slammed the instant it was opened, but I've also been in fights where I never died on Bel (and the whole zone for that matter).

The door had a mind of its own. I was spamming 'open door n' the entire time through the fights, and sometimes it would stay open for a matter of seconds, but sometimes it was like I only got it open a crack and with luck one player could squeeze through it before it slammed back closed immediately.

You'd swear I was selling magazine subscriptions or passing out religious pamphlets.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:03 pm

Dalar,

I'll have to check the log. I logged the entire zone and only died once so it's very complete (11MB text file!).

J
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:07 pm

You're Maxler's wife? I thought only he did that on Sundays.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:21 pm

Jhorr wrote:Dalar,

I'll have to check the log. I logged the entire zone and only died once so it's very complete (11MB text file!).

J

You play without condensed on? I pray for your eyes.

Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Mon Feb 28, 2005 8:48 pm

I turned brief off for the BC part since I hadn't been through there completely yet.
shalath
Sojourner

Postby shalath » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:03 pm

Ashiwi wrote:The door had a mind of its own. I was spamming 'open door n' the entire time through the fights, and sometimes it would stay open for a matter of seconds, but sometimes it was like I only got it open a crack and with luck one player could squeeze through it before it slammed back closed immediately.

Heh! That was me, every time! Thank you thank you thank you! :-)

-akeb
[Profile edited by Board Admin. If you can't be civil, we'll fix it for you. -ed]
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:28 pm

yes ryan, its true, Ashiwi is my babys mamma
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:06 pm

first, thank you for making the things you need from avernus rentable. avernus / BC shouldnt be done all at once, you should gather the items one day and do bc the next day.

second, the mechanism for loading/unloading the seals that unlock bel's door could use some bullet proofing or at least someone should tell you which seals to drop in which order. however do you really want to allow people to spend 8 hours doing it to fuxor that part of the zone that easily? I think someone should bulletproof that zone, cuz its too easy to screw it up. there should be ways to undo anything you did wrong, an alternate harder quest or something. philosophically you shouldnt have to hold hands, but the time investment is too extreme to pass a blind eye. make quest mobs hand back essential quest eq.

third, the bel fight takes a fairly long time... can i suggest that bel toss corpses out of his throne room? why would he want those stinky things in there. This would shorten the recover time a bit and make it possible for your rogue to go in and participate (takes too much time otherwise). An alternate suggestion would be to make the portal room prime so you can well in folks, taking 15 people between planes is just not right. Or better yet do both.

fourth, the quest up there is great but needs to be bid as part of the haul from the zone. Unfortunately too much of that crap is !rent and the follow up on finishing the BC portion of the quest is clever but very involved which is a bit much after completing at 6-12 hour zone. In particular, if the gate guards didnt repop, it might make leaving through avernus feasible. then stopping by in avernus wouldnt be so far out of the way.

fifth, drag all.pcorpse without the total weight check (individual weight check is plenty fine).

sixth, drag all.pcorpse... either drag all that you have consent for, or but you do not have xyz consent you do not have abc consent you do not have def consent.

seventh, multiple consents, consents that last past death. consent to reduce, consent to get grouped, consent to soul walk, the dragger needs consent... managing consents is just a lot of extra work that doesnt need to be done...

eight, the amount of time the enc has to spend reducing is insane. sure you could bring a druid or a 2nd enchanter, but ... can you make reduce's duration much longer? this also plays into the consents thing.

ninth, skill loss, i know a lot of people hate this, i personally tell them to get tough or die (or exp), but i refuse to ress while doing that zone and when the corpses stack up 10 deep, I become more sympathetic to skill loss.

still one of my favorite zones and one that i hope to lead fairly often on friday or saturday. I'm not going to give people the opportunity to f* up their real life by missing work on monday.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:51 pm

Idea: give illusionists or chanters a group-reduce spell.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:52 pm

Whatever happened to the reward changes I was told were just waiting approval months ago?
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:43 pm

Gormal wrote:Whatever happened to the reward changes I was told were just waiting approval months ago?

You should know how things run. They're still waiting approval.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:01 am

kiryan wrote:first, thank you for making the things you need from avernus rentable. avernus / BC shouldnt be done all at once, you should gather the items one day and do bc the next day.

I'm very glad to hear that this idea was implemented.
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Mar 01, 2005 3:05 am

kiryan wrote:ninth, skill loss, i know a lot of people hate this, i personally tell them to get tough or die (or exp), but i refuse to ress while doing that zone

Agree mightily. Time is at a premium when it comes to BC. People either have to accept the skill loss, or not do the zone. One whiner who demands a res will end up costing 14 other people 15 minutes each. Thats utterly ridiculous. Also, even if time wasn't a problem, I found that ressing in zone usually ends up putting the group to sleep, and causes future spanks. A good leader keeps things moving along without interruption.

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:18 pm

Gormal wrote:Whatever happened to the reward changes I was told were just waiting approval months ago?

An area god contacted me with some basic questions regarding our recent experience with the zone and in particular with the eq.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:03 pm

can someone check the keywords on the bel fight.

in particular,

A large abishai is here, lost in meditation.(Red Aura)
** seems to be missing keyword abishai

A baatezu battle-mage stands here, going over plans.(Red Aura)
** seems to be missing keyword baatezu
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:04 pm

can some one verify that the bel room doesnt kill mounts?

I know it destroys pets in general but i wasn't sure on mounts.
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:38 pm

Yes, the proc killed my horse on entry of the first charge.

Something along the lines of "How dare you bring a summoned creature into my presence?!"

Now granted, I typed "summon mount" to get this horse, but I think the proc should ignore any "pets" with the MOUNT flag.

Just my opinion.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:27 am

Do you really need to ask? Things never get changed until problems affect the general populace

Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:00 pm

Door is no longer quite so zealously attended.
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:37 pm

Cheer!
rer
Sojourner

Postby rer » Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:05 pm

Eilistraee wrote:Door is no longer quite so zealously attended.

DOUBLE WOOT! Now, maybe I wont end up with a pile of corpses that takes 50 movement to move - of just myself!!
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:38 pm

Cool... I hope we don't dumb BC down too much... It should remain an epic ordeal...
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:17 pm

If it's true that only squad leaders have glaives, then BC has successfully been made easy. Easy compared to the epic ordeal it was before, but at least doable and less annoying.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”