Bel still destroying mounts?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
kiryan
Sojourner

Bel still destroying mounts?

Postby kiryan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:17 pm

Does Bel still nuke mounts instantly no save deathproc style?

I really don't think the intention was to harm pal/antis.

Make the bel proc not heal player owned pets and or only terminate non-mounts?

Just want to hear that someone up there noticed this problem or that you all consider it not a problem.
and tonights winner in the Toril EQ lottery is demi belt and skull earring!
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:40 pm

Yes Bel nuke's mounts. And the effect is much greater than just the anti losing his defensive skills...Look me up in game for more details if you want them kir.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:46 pm

what was the intention of that stupid no pet proc. to screw over liches/necros? paladin/antipaladin? elementalists from spamming elementals so the assassin can't fumble his weapons?
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:26 pm

i've seen the proc, i made the mistake of bringing an Anti to my first run.

also, at beginning of second ring, fix it so you don't have to dismount to flee down.

do pets follow through the magically dark rooms? after gatehouse? really those rooms probably need to stop being dark or !magic one or the other...

the point was probably that BELS room heal proc probably heals PC pets so instead of distinguishing between the player mobs and the enemy mobs, they addressed it by just killing all player mobs instantly.
Last edited by kiryan on Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:27 pm

The pet proc also shuts the door...mmm. Using bc daggers on bel is bad *duck*
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:23 pm

kiryan wrote:i made the mistake of bringing an Anti to my first run.

That's not nice. :(
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:01 pm

You're right you werent completely useless, but your contribution was significant and overshadowed by your inability to tank effectively at bel and the fleeing issues we had at second gate house.

I appreciate your willingness to go and die many times in conquering bel, but your class has challenges that I did not have to face with standard warriors. If I have a choice, which I don't always, I will never bring an anti or a paladin to BC until the things below are changed.

1. bel death procs mounts instantly with no save meaning the mounty is going to tank very poorly.
2. mounties have an issue fleeing down at beginning of second ring, they have to dismount first. (not experienced firsthand, but reported by targsk).
3. the darkness rooms after gatehouse probably prevent pets from following which probably means not only do you lose a mount, you don't have a mount in the dungeon. (theorized, i'm not positive it works this way, but i have no good way to test.)
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:07 pm

Neo while the mount may not be able to follow we should still be able to ride him down into the dungeon... assuming it's not too narrow...

Pril
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:57 pm

Your mount balks!

That's what it said last time I went.

#2 is messed up because the room is flagged as TUNNEL. It happens in any room flagged that way.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:01 pm

ahh ok well shit bring a lerue horn *shrug* that sucks
lintral
Sojourner

Postby lintral » Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:13 pm

You _can_ use order followers even in magically dark rooms. I've done it to get into SG before; order followers down, down, rinse repeat.

A bit annoying but not really all that big of a deal. Bigger issue is losing the tanking aid of a mount though. I've never done Bel before, so I don't know how things are on the area spells/damage wise. But what about sending the mount in and togging follow right away? Would that kill it, and if not would you be able to keep it alive through the fights?

EDIT: My anti-paladin playing wife just suggested togging and then riding it into the fight, in the above scenario as an option too.
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:42 am

good suggestions, didnt know you could order in darkness.

i think bel's proc would probably affect it and keep it alive through all the fights. my guess is he destroys pets because otherwise he would heal them.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”