an ebony bladed longsword

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Gormal
Sojourner

an ebony bladed longsword

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:04 pm

Something has been done to affect how often this weapon procs. Its been nerfed to the point where its not even worth using any longer. The whole premise behind the sword was that it was a reliable way to blind someone... I can go 30 rounds now without blinding a single mob. In a MUD where every fight has 10 mobs now, its not an effective tool any longer. Too bad... CC really didn't need another hit.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:12 pm

The file for this hasn't changed since October 22nd last year.
Gormal
Sojourner

Postby Gormal » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:16 pm

It could have been done then, and it could be something with mobs now or with procs in general. I haven't used it much for a while because its been sucking, I've been levelling my alts, and forced to play other chars. I don't know what is wrong with it hence why i said "something". All I DO know is that it doesn't proc nearly like it used to.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:55 pm

I've heard 'theory' that procs are strength related. Then I've heard others say that procs are 'dex' related. Regardless, I tried the ebony with an ogre and a halfling within the last few weeks just testing it myself. It seems to noticably proc less often for either halfling/ogre.
Nurpy Fuzzyfeet
Sojourner

Re: an ebony bladed longsword

Postby Nurpy Fuzzyfeet » Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:01 am

Gormal wrote:Something has been done to affect how often this weapon procs. Its been nerfed to the point where its not even worth using any longer. The whole premise behind the sword was that it was a reliable way to blind someone... I can go 30 rounds now without blinding a single mob. In a MUD where every fight has 10 mobs now, its not an effective tool any longer. Too bad... CC really didn't need another hit.

If it sucks so bad, can I have yours?
Aristan group-says 'nurpy=tripod'

Shevarash GCC: 'Tiamat stands here, fighting Nurpy.'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:42 pm

Eilistraee wrote:The file for this hasn't changed since October 22nd last year.

OWNED
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
digov
Sojourner

Postby digov » Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:48 pm

Not quite sure what your talking about. I use mine all the time and it procs the same as it always has.

I've had the one I am using now for probably close to 2 years anyway and I can't say i've noticed any change in the proc one way or another in that time.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Fri Apr 08, 2005 3:32 am

I still think that procs are determined at least in part by hidden stats.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”