6 weeks later, tiamat still not in game.

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Wed May 04, 2005 5:04 am

You know, Kiryan has a point in his post. . . .

There are plenty of players who don't want immortal status who are willing to work on projects for the MUD and have the skills to do so.

We all know the Imms have a SERIOUS workload. Why not delegate some of that workload to players who are willing to shoulder it? No rewards necessary, after all, the imms work for free. Let the willing player work on it, code it etc, then have an experienced (expert?) coder/forger look for any built in twinkholes that might be built in, or make some changes to what the player has done?

You can't honestly tell me that anybody who has built an area has never been allowed to go to that area. . .to my limited knowledge, they are not supposed to lead it, but can go anytime they want. Therefore, if somebody like Kiryan (who most definitely will lead Tia) wants to work on her just delegate a small part of it and check it later.

Obviously we don't want players who will lead the zone to do it 100%, but eventually the zone will be figured out 100%. So give them 5 or 10% to work on, if worse comes to worst, they only understand 1/10 of the zone.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed May 04, 2005 6:25 am

kiryan wrote: Here I am, I'll fix it. pick me.

I think he'd do a good job
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Wed May 04, 2005 7:41 am

While I wouldn't object to seeing Kiryan or others carry water for the imms, I can think of a good reason the imms would say no:

People who help build the structure also know its weak points, so know how to bring it down.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed May 04, 2005 9:31 pm

No current staff member made the decision to yank Tiamat. If you're pissed that it got taken out 4 years ago, send Miax an email. I've been working on a new version of Tiamat since about December of last year - the dragon code was the first phase of that, obviously. Its pointless and idiotic to hold me responsible for a project that was oft delayed by previous owners of the MUD when I'm spending my free time trying to rectify it.

There are lots of reasons why the old Tiamat can never go back in, some of which are legal in nature and beyond our control. The new one will be bigger, badder, and hopefully more fun.

You can either wait for it or not. Whining, complaining, self righteous demands, and attempted shaming will be duly ignored.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
kiryan
Sojourner

Postby kiryan » Wed May 04, 2005 10:32 pm

for the record i love shev, shar, and cyric.

When was the last time you saw 3 forgers post in one thread?

*flex*
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed May 04, 2005 10:38 pm

A good point whether ignored or paid attention to, remains as so.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu May 05, 2005 6:24 am

Shar wrote:Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.

Sigged.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu May 05, 2005 2:49 pm

kiryan wrote:just site ban me from reading the bbs. it would make things a lot hapier for everyone im sure.

Seconded.

Get a freaking life, even the forgers know RL > MUD.
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu May 05, 2005 4:32 pm

Ragorn wrote:
Shar wrote:Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.

Sigged.

I said that just for you, rags :)
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu May 05, 2005 8:16 pm

Hey Ragorn are you Ragorn on Tichondrius? If so, cool.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Snurgt
Sojourner

Postby Snurgt » Thu May 05, 2005 10:40 pm

Dalar wrote:Hey Ragorn are you Ragorn on Tichondrius? If so, cool.

He has a myriad of characters.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Thu May 05, 2005 11:33 pm

No, I'm Praxel on Tichondrius. I don't think I ever checked to see if Ragorn was taken there (but it was taken on a few other realms when I went to go chat with people)... checking... checking... it's taken and it isn't me.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Fri May 06, 2005 9:15 am

Personally I don't like the idea of delegating writing zones to regular players. There are already enough people who amazingly know all the quests yet don't know how to get to the zone. Anyhow, people should smite magma if they want a warmup for tia imho! Tho tia is a pretty damn sexy status symbol and makes us feel tingly on the inside and out. *shrug*
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Fri May 06, 2005 5:05 pm

Last I heard about Tiamat, was that the areas were already done and we were just waiting on the code to support this to be finished.

I've heard the area was done from the guy who wrote the area, and I remember hearing Shev himself say we were just waiting on the code.

So can Kiryan code?

Last I heard, if you write a zone, you can't lead it. Notice I said 'lead'. Does this hold true for coders who work on code for an area as well? (This is a question to the staff, not players). And if so, would you all want Tiamat back at the risk of never being able to have Kiryan lead it?

Do you want her back in that badly Kiryan? I thought you wanted her back in so you could lead her yourself, and then split the loot how you wanted to split it, especially after having lost out on what you really wanted the times you did do it as your evil?
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri May 06, 2005 5:29 pm

Llaaldara -

Everything doesn't always go according to plan, unfortunately. It'll be much clearer when its all finished and I can post some more extensive information.

And the thought of handing over my nearly completed project to a player to finish is ludicrous and not even worth discussing. :)
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat May 07, 2005 10:09 pm

i was here. does that mean i get a bid when we kill her?
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Sat May 07, 2005 10:52 pm

Yes. We will dice your eq to see what we put in the split.

How about we roll a 1d2 20 times. If it's a 1, we put an item of yours in the glist, if it's a 2, we give it to Diel so he can lose it in DS.

*flee*
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun May 08, 2005 6:10 pm

Yasden wrote:Yes. We will dice your eq to see what we put in the split.

How about we roll a 1d2 20 times. If it's a 1, we put an item of yours in the glist, if it's a 2, we give it to Diel so he can lose it in DS.

*flee*

hahahaha

wonder if he was the corpse that rotted and Teflor picked up the eq since NOONE has claimed it yet

hahah
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Tue May 10, 2005 1:11 am

and i was wondering how none zoning class got eq
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue May 10, 2005 1:41 am

you know that stuff you lost sok? ...

emote Quick Fingers.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Tue May 10, 2005 1:50 am

So...when Tia goes in, what pie in the sky old thing will people obsess over?

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Tue May 10, 2005 2:20 am

Lahgen wrote:So...when Tia goes in, what pie in the sky old thing will people obsess over?

Having one of the only crescent moons in the game. ::sniffle::

::moon::
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Arilin Nydelahar
Sojourner

Postby Arilin Nydelahar » Tue May 10, 2005 11:06 am

Lahgen wrote:So...when Tia goes in, what pie in the sky old thing will people obsess over?

Melee, Invoker, Eq changes. Take your pick.
Shevarash OOC: 'what can I say, I'm attracted to crazy chicks and really short dudes'
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Tue May 10, 2005 11:14 am

No Arilin, those things are actually important. Well, maybe not the whole "waah, we took 3 invokers to a zone and we pwned it too easily, cheat invokers of their hard earned damage pls!" thing.

Kifle
Sojourner

Postby Kifle » Tue May 10, 2005 12:35 pm

Lahgen wrote:cheat invokers of their hard earned damage pls!

quoted for hilarity
Fotex group-says 'Behold! penis!'

Kifle puts on his robe and wizard hat.

Thalidyrr tells you 'Yeah, you know, getting it like a jackhammer wears you out.'

Teflor "You can beat a tank with a shovel!!1!1!!one!!1!uno!!"
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Tue May 10, 2005 2:36 pm

I'm guessing Kiryan will obsess over how he thinks it was his incessant ranting and raving that got Shevy to put Tia in. But I suppose there's a small chance I'm wrong.
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu May 12, 2005 11:00 am

I think the gods do a fine job and obviously are busy atm. I've always said "!shev = !mud". Anyhow my points I wanted to post is that I think actively asking people NOT to vote for the mud to promote new players, hence down the track new gods, is pretty darn crazy. Suggest loading tia in WD cleric guild until she has a new home tho. *touch* *skip* *jump*
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Thu May 12, 2005 2:27 pm

You can just find the list that was made when Sojourn became Toril. So, when Tia comes in. Put a haste item in the horde.

Players remember like elephants.
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Sat May 28, 2005 11:32 pm

what would be cool would be....

get a bunch of kanjari rogues into a tiamat costume, which enable perm dscale & haste and let the good times roll.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”