Since when?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Nekelet
Sojourner

Since when?

Postby Nekelet » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:27 am

as I ran past TP....

Corpse of the ghost of the ancient green dragon Chloracrida is lying here.

Since when are dragons raisable?
--Hey, Look, I just regenerated a finger. Guess which one.
http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantIT ... ipt?SK=191
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:42 am

Bout damned time. Why should those dildoids be immune to the humiliation of the afterlife?
Jhorr
Sojourner

Postby Jhorr » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:02 am

I'm thinking oblivion dagger.
Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:43 pm

When dragons were reworked, the new dragon races didn't get incorporated into the unraisability. This will be corrected shortly :)
Eilistraee
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:15 pm

8)

Why are dragons un-animateable?
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:49 pm

Eilistraee wrote:When dragons were reworked, the new dragon races didn't get incorporated into the unraisability. This will be corrected shortly :)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of god, just LEAVE this one IN!
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:31 pm

I second the NOOOOO!!!!
And add a great big PLEEEEEAAASSSEEEEE!!!!

Selias
Sojourner

Postby Selias » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:26 pm

I feel that is really cool too! Do raised mobs keep any of the innate powers? I don't think they do, so if not, then why not let dragons be raisable? If they have the same powers as other undead mobs, there is nothing that is unbalanced.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:40 pm

Because other players enjoy this game aspect, I feel that it is detrimental to the overall vision of the staff. In order to maintain a proper player-to-quitter ratio, they need to remove non-essential game elements that might cause unfair elements of enjoyment for one particular class.

It has long been the policy that the best way to maintain game balance is to prevent anyone (except apparently khanji rogues) from having a good time without resorting to devious methods.

I personally have been advocating a mudsex campaign with the salesmen of waterdeep, but legal charges are pending in the game, and my finances are occupied in getting my neck off the block.

Back to the issue at hand, by removing class advantages, race advantages, height advantages, sex advantages...the staff can be assured that everyone will be equally likely to leave, and no player will be unfairly inclined to have more fun than another.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:26 pm

Just why is it that dragons are deemed to be not pets? The bastards die by your hands, you should be able to raise them. Humiliate those fecal heaps!
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:51 pm

That was only partially funny, kwirl. Mostly, it was just stupid. Be careful who you offend. Remember, this is Shevy's pet forum.

On a less fun note, yay me. I get to police every single post ever made. Please make my job easier!
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:58 pm

Shar wrote:That was only partially funny, kwirl. Mostly, it was just stupid. Be careful who you offend. Remember, this is Shevy's pet forum.

On a less fun note, yay me. I get to police every single post ever made. Please make my job easier!

*watches peoples post count drop by the thousands* *pet Shar*

Pril
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:38 pm

You could give Ambar mod duties in the forum. Then, I can guarantee you that you would have far, far, far fewer posts to police.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
kwirl
Sojourner

Postby kwirl » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:16 am

stupid is the new smart. groovy.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:40 am

During my auctioneering schooling, I learned a chantspeak that reminds me of some posters, me included!

"C'mon now, we got grouchy grumpy baby googlebutts bouncing bountifully beyond the bliss brigade." Um, yeah! :P

Given that moving fact, let us raise 'dem dragons! Jot mobs have pet dragons!!
Llaaldara
Sojourner

Postby Llaaldara » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:44 am

Ragorn wrote:You could give Ambar mod duties in the forum. Then, I can guarantee you that you would have far, far, far fewer posts to police.

omg the absolute ownage. Nice Rags ;)
Nekelet
Sojourner

Postby Nekelet » Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:51 am

Selias wrote:I feel that is really cool too! Do raised mobs keep any of the innate powers? I don't think they do, so if not, then why not let dragons be raisable? If they have the same powers as other undead mobs, there is nothing that is unbalanced.

Nope. They all crumble and respawn into whatever class of pet is chosen. The only thing preserved from the original mob corpse is the name. Think of the corpse as a disposable component that is consumed during the spell. (In the muds implementation)

Put another way, using meaty pets as an example: a ghast of a giant is the exact same size & power as a ghast of a buffalo, as a ghast of a pixie as the ghast of a giant slug. (within the variance of the raise code) They all walk on 2 feet, have 2 arms, and the pixie pet doesn't have wings.

I doubt I'm the only lich who will go out of his way to make a set of named, matching ansi pets. Why - because its fun. Because I can make them tell you 'Boo!' and you might think its fun too.

So, as far as I know, the only possible advantage of a <pet> of <insert dragon here> is the potential for someone to tell you "Hey, bitchin' pet man!"

And finally, to the necros out there who could have had a bit of fun for a little bit longer if I hadn't started this thread, "I'm sorry..." This was supposed to be a 'Way Cool, thanks Gods!' thread.

Eilistraee
Staff Member - Quests

Postby Eilistraee » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:46 am

Don't feel bad Nekelet, I'd seen the oversight when the pet was created and already resolved to correct the situation. You don't have to take any blame, it's all me. :)

I wasn't part of the decision to make dragons un-animatable. I don't know why they are that way. Most of them still are though, so I'm going to correct things so that they are all the same.
Eilistraee
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:43 am

Ragorn wrote:You could give Ambar mod duties in the forum. Then, I can guarantee you that you would have far, far, far fewer posts to police.

I'd expected better of you, Ragorn :) Try again? YOUR posts used to be entertaining, don't let them degenerate into useless dribble :)
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:39 am

Ambar wrote:I'd expected better of you, Ragorn :) Try again? YOUR posts used to be entertaining, don't let them degenerate into useless dribble :)

See, unlike Sarvis, I find your forum mothering to be cute. I post not with a sneer, but with a wink and a nudge :)
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:59 am

Ragorn wrote:
Ambar wrote:I'd expected better of you, Ragorn :) Try again? YOUR posts used to be entertaining, don't let them degenerate into useless dribble :)

See, unlike Sarvis, I find your forum mothering to be cute. I post not with a sneer, but with a wink and a nudge :)

Ignorance usually comes with that kind of dopey expression.

*poke poke*
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:11 am

#gag ignoran

Hey, no more teflor posts!
- Ragorn
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:04 pm

Ragorn wrote:#gag ignoran

Hey, no more teflor posts!

Teflon posts! Get it right!
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:44 pm

Pril wrote:
Shar wrote:That was only partially funny, kwirl. Mostly, it was just stupid. Be careful who you offend. Remember, this is Shevy's pet forum.

*watches peoples post count drop by the thousands* *pet Shar*

Pril

Riiiiight. :lol:
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:22 pm

I can feel the frikkin love from here, man.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:38 pm

Shar wrote:I can feel the frikkin love from here, man.

As you should Shar we all love you a lot, it's just that we also love giving you shit evey once in a while. Think of it is the younger brother syndrom, we love you we're glad yer here, but we just HAVE to make yer life hell.

*hug*

Pril
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:39 pm

Pril wrote:
Shar wrote:I can feel the frikkin love from here, man.

As you should Shar we all love you a lot, it's just that we also love giving you shit evey once in a while. Think of it is the younger brother syndrom, we love you we're glad yer here, but we just HAVE to make yer life hell.

*hug*

Pril

OMG I have something in common with Pwil. :cry:
Yayaril
Sojourner

Postby Yayaril » Thu Jun 23, 2005 1:54 am

8)

Again. Why aren't dragons animateable?
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:37 am

Not only are dragons a pain to fight, it sucks ass if we won't be able to animate them. The penalty for dying is being animated. Life's a bitch. Well, the afterlife is anyway!
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:03 am

I think animating dragons is fine! Ghosts leaving corpses is wierd, but animating dragons has no adverse effects on gameplay and is pretty!
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:32 am

do i care either way? no

upgrade kanjaris already

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”