Top 5 Code Requests

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Pril
Sojourner
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:01 am

Postby Pril » Tue Jul 12, 2005 3:57 pm

Um... which class and what level are ya playing at lvl 50 with meditate maxed most spells take less than 5 seconds to mem.

Pril
Vandic
Sojourner
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed May 02, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Nashville, TN USA
Contact:

Postby Vandic » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:13 pm

Pril wrote:Um... which class and what level are ya playing at lvl 50 with meditate maxed most spells take less than 5 seconds to mem.

Pril


At 50 maybe, not at 22 they don't.

That's what I mean by "trim mem times down faster." I.e. by level 11 I should be "proficient" with 1st circle spells and can mem those as fast (or almots as fast) as I'm ever going to. Same with 2nd circle spells by level 16, 3rd by 21, yadda yadda.
Vandic wields a massive mithril axe of gazebo chopping.
Pril
Sojourner
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat May 11, 2002 5:01 am

Postby Pril » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:19 pm

Vandic wrote:
Pril wrote:Um... which class and what level are ya playing at lvl 50 with meditate maxed most spells take less than 5 seconds to mem.

Pril


At 50 maybe, not at 22 they don't.

That's what I mean by "trim mem times down faster." I.e. by level 11 I should be "proficient" with 1st circle spells and can mem those as fast (or almots as fast) as I'm ever going to. Same with 2nd circle spells by level 16, 3rd by 21, yadda yadda.



Ahhh yeah low lvl mem times suck.

Pril
Ashiwi
Sojourner
Posts: 4161
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Ashiwi » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:58 pm

Kiryan just mentioned this in the Logs thread, but I know it's been discussed before. My memory for alt names is horrid... I can never remember which one belongs to who, what and where. It would be really, really nice if there was a way for us to register our alt names, so you could do something like a 'who Kiryan alt' and get a list of names, somehow.

I know it's dreaming, but it's worth a mention.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Lilira
Sojourner
Posts: 1438
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2003 3:53 pm

Postby Lilira » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:04 pm

Only if its an optional thing though.

For instance I'd register Eya, Lilira, Lerinala,, but could keep Lilera off the list for times I want peace and quiet? (After all, everyone thinks Lilera is Lirela anyway...)

There are some things only guildies and friends should know. *grin*

Lil
Stamm
Sojourner
Posts: 446
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2001 5:01 am

Postby Stamm » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:24 pm

1. Remove rogue double attack
2. Give rangers triple attack (or doulble offhand)
3. Code something to append (by Scotland) any time the mud outputs the word invented.
4. Allow commands to be stacked while casting
5. Allow AC below -100 to be shown


Cheers for reading coders!
Areandon
Sojourner
Posts: 81
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2003 1:34 pm
Location: Netherlands
Contact:

Postby Areandon » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:55 am

I would love to have a way to couple alts. Would be even nicer if they could share storage and mmail. I really hate to have to check all my alts to see if someone mmailed me for a trade or so.

What would be nice as well is a way to forward mmail to an email account!
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Thilindel » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:03 pm

Stamm wrote:2. Give rangers triple attack (or doulble offhand)


That sounds pretty fun! Heck, I'd even make a ranger for that. Wouldn't be one trick ponies then
fotex
Sojourner
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 12:23 am

Postby fotex » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:17 pm

Yeah, arent' warrior classes supposed to get 5/2 attacks per round at some point? Give them triple attack and let it max at 50, that'd be 5/2.
ssikatur
Sojourner
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:08 pm
Location: hyssk

point (dir)

Postby ssikatur » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:52 pm

could rework "point" to point in a direction? or to anything in the room?
Ssikatur (Yuan-Ti)
fotex
Sojourner
Posts: 288
Joined: Mon May 12, 2003 12:23 am

Postby fotex » Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:32 am

Fix who command so that when there's tailing whitespace, it truncates it, like every other command in the game.
"who "
currently results in
Sorry, but is not a valid option.
Last edited by fotex on Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Disoputlip
Sojourner
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Copenhagen

Postby Disoputlip » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:29 am

Stamm mentioned to show armor below -100.

This would especially help new players, and I therefore think it would be good. It should only show armor up to max armor based on agi etc ofcourse.
Botef
Sojourner
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Eastern Washington
Contact:

Postby Botef » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:37 pm

Areandon wrote:What would be nice as well is a way to forward mmail to an email account!


An auto mmail-forwarding option to e-mail would be really. I 2nd this!
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Thilindel » Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:24 pm

Disoputlip wrote:Stamm mentioned to show armor below -100.

This would especially help new players, and I therefore think it would be good. It should only show armor up to max armor based on agi etc ofcourse.



I so wish would show up beyond -100. Any dorf can hit -100. let's reward our gnomes, yuan-ti's, etc for their super agile selves. show that -200 :P
kiryan
Sojourner
Posts: 7275
Joined: Sat Apr 14, 2001 5:01 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA and Flagstaff, AZ
Contact:

Postby kiryan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:35 am

from what I've gleaned from shev talking before on GCC.

all equipment/spell "AC" IS shown on score +100 to -100 (maximum of 200 worn and spelled AC).

However, one aspect of the AGILITY "bonuses" in tanking is reflected as AC and is why your naked AC might be 70 instead of 100 (and consequently your total AC can drop from -100 to -130).

What you want to ask for is that AGILITY AC bonuses be shown on score below -100.

and if you think im being stupid with semantics, you weren't there that day that the gods repeatedly said AC doesn't go below -100.
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:51 am

How bout furthering kiry's idea to have EQ AC, Agi AC, and 3rd spell applied AC, then just list your true ac as you are.

Level: 50 Race: Grey Elf Class: Invoker
Age: 312 yrs / 15 mths Height: 60 inches Weight: 101 lbs
STR: 95 AGI: 94 DEX: 60 CON: 99
POW: 65 INT: 106 WIS: 64 CHA: 40
Armor Class Bonus: Spells(20) Agility bonus(45) Eq Worn (200)
Armor Class Applied: -165
Botef
Sojourner
Posts: 1056
Joined: Fri May 10, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Eastern Washington
Contact:

Postby Botef » Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:42 pm

split all

split x <coin type> is so annoying 99% of the time for me when Id rather just split it all at once with one command.
Thrand
Sojourner
Posts: 274
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2001 6:01 am

Something

Postby Thrand » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:14 pm

I would like to be able to list on auction items that contain
such information as pr-acid.
So the command would be auction list pr-acid
or auction list pr-good or auction list anti-goodrace

I would like to be able to label my containers
so that I can call one of my 50 tinker bags Shirley
and I would be able to get all shirley. Or more to the
point put all shirley. Shirley would then put out so to speak.

I would of course like the the !id flag to be sent to the
place that all things that serve no purpose but to annoy go.

I would also like a where and a who area command for mortals

And finally I would just like to say that the secret campaign
to keep the evil man down has finally worked and I am playing agoodie now.

Thrand
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Thilindel » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:28 am

any chance for an update of what's being considered? =D
User avatar
Shevarash
FORGER CODER
Posts: 2944
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2000 6:01 am

Postby Shevarash » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:21 pm

Code: Select all

[Shevarash]Stupid Coder Tricks:  The Legend Continues
  - NEW COMMAND:  "followers" - This command will allow you to view all of your
    followers, name npc pets, stop selected characters from following you, and
    temporarily pause characters that are following you.  The helpfile is
    coming soon, but for now type "followers ?" for more information. 
    Note:  "followers" may be abbreviated with "fols", for you economical typists...
  - NEW COMMAND: "songs" - For bards and battlechanters, lists your available songs,
    the insturment they use, and your skill level in that type of song.
  - You can now type "mount" and automatically mount the first mount following
    you.
  - Skills, Spells, Songs, and Assoc are all usable in combat now.
  - Sunray no longer requires a target.
  - Glitterdust now shows you the failures.
  - Group display changed around and color-coded based on health.
  - Added "storage close" command to manually close your storage cache.
    Note:  It is *not* neccessary to close your storage cache normally, this
    command is intended for use when you have problems closing your cache
    and accessing another.
  - Drag will now tell you which corpse you failed to drag and why.  More
    improvements to drag coming soon.


All of those changes are from ideas in this thread. Thank you for the feedback - we ARE listening.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Birile
Sojourner
Posts: 1413
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Albany, NY

Postby Birile » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:53 pm

Shevarash wrote:

Code: Select all

[Shevarash]Stupid Coder Tricks:  The Legend Continues
  - NEW COMMAND:  "followers" - This command will allow you to view all of your
    followers, name npc pets, stop selected characters from following you, and
    temporarily pause characters that are following you.  The helpfile is
    coming soon, but for now type "followers ?" for more information. 
    Note:  "followers" may be abbreviated with "fols", for you economical typists...
  - NEW COMMAND: "songs" - For bards and battlechanters, lists your available songs,
    the insturment they use, and your skill level in that type of song.
  - You can now type "mount" and automatically mount the first mount following
    you.
  - Skills, Spells, Songs, and Assoc are all usable in combat now.
  - Sunray no longer requires a target.
  - Glitterdust now shows you the failures.
  - Group display changed around and color-coded based on health.
  - Added "storage close" command to manually close your storage cache.
    Note:  It is *not* neccessary to close your storage cache normally, this
    command is intended for use when you have problems closing your cache
    and accessing another.
  - Drag will now tell you which corpse you failed to drag and why.  More
    improvements to drag coming soon.



*blink*
Eshacin
Sojourner
Posts: 89
Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2004 11:34 pm

Postby Eshacin » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:17 pm

Yasden wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:Besides, plants don't have eyes, they don't have to see you.


Then how come they switch? :)


Dictionary.com:
switch n.
A slender flexible rod, stick, or twig, especially one used for whipping.
ssar
Sojourner
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Postby ssar » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:19 pm

*bump*

Thilildel (and others wanting to post new code requests/ideas/priority updates etc.), might this thread be a good place to post them?

Great to see lots of stuff from this thread considered and some implemented!
BEER
Drache
Sojourner
Posts: 338
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2002 5:01 am
Location: Bloomington IN USA

Postby Drache » Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:31 pm

yeah! :) I don't recall an update from this thread as was posted with the other shev posts from the past where we knew what was put in etc..
ssar
Sojourner
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Postby ssar » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:22 am

Thilindel wrote:How bout furthering kiry's idea to have EQ AC, Agi AC, and 3rd spell applied AC, then just list your true ac as you are.

Level: 50 Race: Grey Elf Class: Invoker
Age: 312 yrs / 15 mths Height: 60 inches Weight: 101 lbs
STR: 95 AGI: 94 DEX: 60 CON: 99
POW: 65 INT: 106 WIS: 64 CHA: 40
Armor Class Bonus: Spells(20) Agility bonus(45) Eq Worn (200)
Armor Class Applied: -165


Ooooh, I like that idea, except I dont think it should be info that is readily available in the score/attr command.
Perhaps the true sight spell can give this info on score command whilst it's active, or you see it when you identify yourself, or via some new potion/scroll that's not easy but not hard to get.
BEER
Thilindel
Sojourner
Posts: 3173
Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:09 pm
Location: Indianapolis

Postby Thilindel » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:31 am

And perhaps fix ogres. It strikes me odd that they have the highest constitution of players, yet regen like garbage.

Ogres do have a lot of potential but seem to be lacking. Evils would love having them wear a shield while wielding a 2h sword. Ogres sure aren't tanks with those massive critics they eat. The extra few hps they do gain are immediately lost from a single critic. Spice em up a bit? :)
ssar
Sojourner
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Jan 30, 2001 6:01 am
Location: Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Contact:

Postby ssar » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:05 am

Some repeated requests here, but thought I’d post anyway:

1) Fix problems/bugs with special effects etc. of items currently in the game.

2) Improve ogres, make their str, con, hps, wielding weapons (2h and shield or something) useful.

3) Improve flee to fail less.

4) Reduce rogue exp tables and otherwise weaken them slightly to balance them, reduce rogue hide and backstab effects significantly in arena.

5) Multiple dragons engaged in battle in 1 room should have a small chance for their tailsweeps, buffets, talon strikes, slams to get in the way of each other and on these uncommon occurrences significantly reduce the effects on pchars. Sure there could be a fair element of cohesion between dragons in battle, but there would also be a fair chance of chaos and aggression toward each other thus getting in each other’s way occasionally as well.

6) Increase zone exp, especially on the biggest mobs/demons/dragons etc.

7) Improve dicerolls and hit/dam on most high end weapons especially 2h except rogue weapons.

8) Multiple consents/trusted players list.

9) No fumbled weapon lost at crash.

10) Increase the # of spirit totems summonable per week.

11) Add some restring tokens rare load in a few very high end treasure vaults.

12) Add more frequent multiplay days (monthly?).

13) Make auction houses !magic !songs.

14) Remove the !id flag.

15) Do something with the old exp grid zones – add classed, reasonable exp mobs etc. or remove the zones.

16) Change exam tankard (drink container) back to show it is full when it is full.
Vaprak
Staff Member - Areas
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:46 pm
Location: Midwest

My number 1 request!

Postby Vaprak » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:19 am

The MUD needs this badly!

Image
Vaprak, the Destroyer
-Formerly Tempus of HomelandMUD -- pre-merger
razax
Sojourner
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:37 pm
Location: Perth, Australia

Postby razax » Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:25 am

Can you make farsight work on locked chests ? Works through locked doors.
Disoputlip
Sojourner
Posts: 956
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2002 6:01 am
Location: Copenhagen

Postby Disoputlip » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:46 pm

razax wrote:Can you make farsight work on locked chests ? Works through locked doors.


This should only work for ultra's though. (unless there is a lit item in the chest.)

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests