The Zouve Corpse Game Begins!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Zouve
Sojourner

The Zouve Corpse Game Begins!

Postby Zouve » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:15 pm

The Zouve Corpse Game

Over the next few weeks I will be logging in to the MUD, withdrawing some cash from the bank (a minimum of 5K plat) and then plane shifting until I die.

It is then up to you to find my corpse and be there when it rots to collect the cash!

Or you can mess with people and preserve the corpse!

Of course, if I died in that room, there must be an aggro in it! (I refuse, however, to die to anything that I can slay while I am naked and immobile from the weight of the plat!)

I think I will post here when a new corpse is out to be found and whether or not it is on prime.

So the first corpse is out, it is on prime, it has cash, and, frankly, it may have rotted by this point... so there might just be a pile of plat out there on prime!

Let the fun begin!

Zouve
Disoputlip
Sojourner

Postby Disoputlip » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:27 pm

Consent for scry

/Yog
Raiwen
Sojourner

Postby Raiwen » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:23 pm

ooh.. and spirit walk!

you're not an elf are ya?
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:27 pm

Half Elf! And no consent for you!

If you do find my corpse and you have a chance, mmail me the room or the amount of plat you found, then I can tell what corpses have been recovered and how much plat was swallowed up by reboots!

Z
fotex
Sojourner

Postby fotex » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:14 am

Get sequestered first so no one gets a cheap clair before you perish!
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:44 pm

fotex wrote:Get sequestered first so no one gets a cheap clair before you perish!

Not a bad idea, though my own thought was just to idle for hours on end next to Corth so people casting clair would get bored.

The second corpse is now in play, on prime, and in a location I did not recognize.

It took quite a while to die to pshift this time. I did land in Bloodtusk once, but in a safe room I guess, no alarms or such. Considering my past experience was 3 pshifts, 2 deaths, today was somewhat amusing.

I hope somebody found the first corpse or the plat after it rotted... otherwise 16K plat just went to waste on the floor in the Tarsellian Forest.

Z
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:46 pm

If you want to idle wif me its gonna cost you!
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:58 pm

We have a winner... but only because I got bored and shouted out that I would give a hint if anybody was interested. One person was:

Pilibible tells you 'There were: 6270 platinum coins.'

He found it, or the pile of cash after it rotted, in Doodajipple's Tower in Lurkwood where I was killed by a mechanical guardian.

I will post when the next plat-laden corpse is in place.

Z

PS How much plat would there have to be to get people to actively search for the corpse? Is 5K plat not enough? Is anybody actively looking, or should I find another way to amuse myself with the remaining 180K plat?
Klandal
Sojourner

Plat Quest

Postby Klandal » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:06 pm

I'm sure Pilibible really needed the plat... about as much as most people with multiple lvl 50 characters, but it seems like the people that would be in places where you couldn't fight out of would be above the head of anybody that could actually use the platinum to begin with.

Maybe a more useful and worthwhile use of that money would be making up a few quests with platinum as the reward. Offer the quests to people that could actually use the rewards and give them tasks appropriate to their level.

Just a thought. :)
Ivac ASSOC:: 'man, i'd love to be a woman'
Ivac ASSOC:: 'multiple orgasms'
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:37 pm

Well yes, getting plat to somebody who actual needs it is the trick.

After thought on the subject, I decided it couldn't be done without a lot of work on my part (which just isn't going to happen), and even then I couldn't be certain that a given "needy" person wasn't just some greedy weasel of a level 50 who has a low-to-mid level alt.

I thought perhaps that the idea of 5000+ plat laying around would get a couple groups going to search for it, which would at least give people some fun and they could split it up. A mini-quest of sorts.

If 5K (or 10K, or 20K) plat isn't worth the effort, then the value of platinum on Toril is even lower than I had imagined.

Anyway, next corpse will go, since I have nothing better to do with my plat or my character!

Z
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:28 am

Actually, if your goal is to get plat to those who need it, you don't want to drop too much at a time. Otherwise the high levels will start banding up and looking for it. Your better off doing more smaller drops. 2k plat is a lot for a real noob and they should still have incentive to look for it.

Also, you might want to consider leaving a clue or two on this forum to make it more interesting. Just make sure to keep it vague. :)

Corth
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:24 am

yeah, in our town they had 'find the 10k fugitive' god that was fun. chasing stuff all over town! took a month and some chick won. but the chick who won was driving a mercedes :P lol
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:30 am

Okay, corpse #3 is now in play. I have decided that corpses should be on prime. It is more amusing for me that way. (And then I don't have to keep chaning between planes, just smoke and prime.)

Taking some of what has been said here to heart, I seeded some of the plat on my landings in prime. There are a couple dozen piles of 10p each around the realms and some NPCs seems to have grown richer.

The best place I touched down in was:

You materialize in the prime plane!
Western Edge of a Great Square
Exits: -N -E -S -W
A miniture gargoyle known as a gargoylite stands here.
A small gargoyle child plays here, unaware of his surroundings.
A gargoyle wearing elite Ashgorrock platemail stands here.

Mostly because I had never been there before.

As for vague clues... well... my corpse is in a zone I have never done, yet I have died there before. The purpose of my death is unknown.

Z
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Sat Aug 13, 2005 9:50 pm

Another corpse is in play. If you cannot find it... well... believe me, you can find it.

Maybe not if you're evil....

Z
Zakissus
Sojourner

Postby Zakissus » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:19 pm

jesus 180k plat? my necro could sooo desk herself out with that hehe. course no way I get to the planes to find piles of loot heh.
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:08 pm

Zakissus wrote:jesus 180k plat? my necro could sooo desk herself out with that hehe. course no way I get to the planes to find piles of loot heh.

All my corpses have been on the prime material plane... which is the plane where you start out, so even a necro can find my corpses.

My current corpse is sitting at a fountain and it appears somebody has been preserving it!

Z
Valuk
Sojourner

Postby Valuk » Tue Aug 16, 2005 12:18 am

Zouve wrote:
Zakissus wrote:jesus 180k plat? my necro could sooo desk herself out with that hehe. course no way I get to the planes to find piles of loot heh.

All my corpses have been on the prime material plane... which is the plane where you start out, so even a necro can find my corpses.

My current corpse is sitting at a fountain and it appears somebody has been preserving it!

Z

They didn't preserve it enough! Woohoo!!! I'm the newest winner of the Zouve Corpse Game!!!

Thanks Zouve!!! And keep 'em coming! :twisted:
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:26 pm

Valuk wrote:
Zouve wrote:

Z

They didn't preserve it enough! Woohoo!!! I'm the newest winner of the Zouve Corpse Game!!!

Thanks Zouve!!! And keep 'em coming! :twisted:

Yeah Valuk who sat for two days on my corpse at the WD fountain with a trigger set to pick up the loot when the corpse rotted. I may have to try that again with more coins than anybody can carry. I want to see extortion prices for a moonwell to the bank!

I also liked that there was a ton of crap on the ground to thwart anybody doing a "get all." A nice touch.

Another corpse (#5) is in play now in a place where things hang on tight!

I have decided to let wimpy stuff kill me now, so my corpses won't all be in deadly locations. I am just waiting to pshift into Split Shield!

And I lost my first level in the game, I am now only level 49.

Z
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Tue Aug 16, 2005 10:38 pm

I was impatient and put corpse #6 into play. It has an extra surprise. It is in a zone where the MOBs took quite a while to kill me.

Z
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:25 pm

Kelenar tells you 'There were: 1 platinum coin, 8 gold coins, 97 silver coins, 18154 copper coins.'

So Kelenar found corpse #6 in Split Shield. I know, it was mean to put 18K copper there, but I welled him to the bank.

Corpse #5 is still "lurking" out there and it had plat on it.

I blame Rarik for suggesting the pile of copper as a decoy. I won't do that again... at least not with copper.

Z
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:30 pm

Corpse #7 is sitting where corpse #4 was, just to amuse me. It doesn't have any plat on it, but neither does it have any copper. It does have over 20K coins on it however.

Corpse #8, a regular platinum laden corpse, is out and about now (died within the last five miutes) and is in a town. But what town?

Z
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:28 pm

I tossed out corpses #9, #10, and #11 with a combined total of over 20K in plat on them.

Basically, I got lazy.

Z
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:32 pm

If people would stop pressing the corpse in WD!!!!!!!!!!!!

*grin*

I could use the cash!

*giggle*
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:41 pm

the player who's been pressing the CRAP out of that corpse claims people are waiting on the corpse with loot triggers. First off, who cares? Second off, first person to normally walk thru the room would find it in the first place. Either way, it won't be me - I can't have luck. I was born without it :P

If we're lucky, Zouve will loot that corpse and put them more challenging
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:43 am

Thilindel wrote:the player who's been pressing the CRAP out of that corpse claims people are waiting on the corpse with loot triggers. First off, who cares? Second off, first person to normally walk thru the room would find it in the first place. Either way, it won't be me - I can't have luck. I was born without it :P

If we're lucky, Zouve will loot that corpse and put them more challenging

Well, I dropped several corpses out yesterday, including #12.

Ironically, I dropped another one on the WD fountain with more cash in it that the first one and nobody pressed it, it rotted, and now Ashiarae is a bit richer.

I did drop one out in the wilds, but I bet it rots and the coins go unfound despite the fact that I died in front of a group. That seems to be the result of hiding corpses, nobody cares enough to look.

Z
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:27 am

I'll look Z, just let me beat down the RL beast first :) Oh yeah, and go drop it somewhere that I'll find it when playing my usual game of "How Stupidly Can I Die Today?" Hint: The basilisks haven't had at me in awhile :)
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
sotana
Sojourner

Postby sotana » Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:52 am

Just wanted to clarify that Ashiarae actually found the corpse out in the wilds as I was in the group, watched you die yesterday so today broke back in and waited for corpse rot :-P It was a lovely hike, well worth the moolah I got for it. Thank you!
Rarik
Sojourner

Postby Rarik » Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:04 pm

Zouve wrote:Kelenar tells you 'There were: 1 platinum coin, 8 gold coins, 97 silver coins, 18154 copper coins.'

I blame Rarik for suggesting the pile of copper as a decoy. I won't do that again... at least not with copper.

Z

Bah. Copper spends just the same! Birile could use a couple hundred thousand of em!
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

Found

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:05 pm

Found one today with 4500 silver in it. Thought the silver/copper era was over? :P

Adriorn Darkcloak
moritheil
Sojourner

Postby moritheil » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:07 am

Okay, that's just hilarious. This is officially the point at which Toril has jumped the shark.
Yotus group-says 'special quest if you type hi dragon'
Shevarash OOC: 'I feature only the finest mammary glands.'
Silena group-says 'he was so fat and juicy..couldnt resist'
Zouve
Sojourner

Re: Found

Postby Zouve » Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:18 pm

Adriorn Darkcloak wrote:Found one today with 4500 silver in it. Thought the silver/copper era was over? :P

I just said I wouldn't do it with copper... that is just abuse. 4500 silver pieces... well... there was a time when that had value.

Z
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:59 pm

moritheil wrote:Okay, that's just hilarious. This is officially the point at which Toril has jumped the shark.

Mori! Now see, there is a way to spice things up. I'll grab cash and let Mori get me killed!

Z
sok
Sojourner

Postby sok » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:05 pm

moritheil wrote:Okay, that's just hilarious. This is officially the point at which Toril has jumped the shark.

for us non-americans, what does jumping the shark mean?
Botef
Sojourner

Postby Botef » Fri Sep 23, 2005 11:09 pm

sok wrote:

just replace shark with goat.
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:11 am

sok wrote:

It is a term in Hollywood that comes from the sitcom Happy Days.

After a show gets settled in, it eventually runs out of ideas and has to do something to spice things up. In Happy Days, there was a two part episode where they went to LA and it culminated in Fonzie jumping over over a shark on water skis.

It is a dangerous point in a show, because the attempt to spice it up may alienate the loyal viewers while not attracting any new viewers.

Usually it is used as a term to indicate that a show is going down hill from that point, a desperation move, though, ironically, Happy Days did well after the shark.

That is my crude explination, anyway. There is a better one here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_the_shark

If my corpse game had been officially sanctioned, it might well be an example of "jumping the shark." However, this is my own effort and the imms have stated no opinion (to my knowledge) one way or another on my attempt to amuse myself.

Z
ssar
Sojourner

Postby ssar » Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:21 am

Keep it up man! It's fun!
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:11 pm

Another corpse has been laid out, but this time it is NOT on prime. Go go Gadget Gate!

Z
Zouve
Sojourner

Postby Zouve » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:11 am

A new corpse was laid out this evening. It was late, I was lazy, it is some place hot. Go figure.

Z
Thilindel
Sojourner

Postby Thilindel » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:56 am

SOMEONE got the WD corpse...f_i_n_a_l_l_y. Who?
Yasden
Sojourner

Postby Yasden » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:04 pm

My vote would be on Corth, Eudas, or Jazdak.
Support Your Addiction! Vote for TorilMUD Today!

Top Mud Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/cgi-bin/topmuds/rankem.cgi?id=shev

Why Nerox is jealous of me:

Nerox tells you 'man this thing is kicking my ass and i have blisters!'
Nerox tells you 'ok attempting it again put tape on my fingers for easier sliding'
Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:54 pm

Might have been me. Not sure. I had a trigger. I see in inventory I have some 500 or so gold, 2000 silver and 2900 copper. Not sure if that is old or new.

Corth

Goddamned slippery mage.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”