In the Interest of Challenge and "Fair" Play (part

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Lilira
Sojourner

In the Interest of Challenge and "Fair" Play (part

Postby Lilira » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:34 am

Greetings and Salutations.

If you are reading this missive, obviously you are interested in the little Challenge that has tentatively been tossed out. Sotana and I have been receiving missives/inquiries regarding these games, and so now I ask that anyone interested in participating, please post your name here. If you have a team (of three people) formed, please post the names. We are using this wonderfully OOC way of keeping track so we have no need to keep sending messages back and forth to each other. (Sometimes we just aren't available for someone to talk to us.)

1) Each team will consist of three players. If for any reason a player cannot find a team, PLEASE post your name here and we will try and match you to anyone else that might need a team-mate.

2) EVILS, this is your chance to come and play! Show everyone what you're made of. You'll have to be a little sneaky though. *wink*

We will probably do the official registering in-game, for one reason or another we will need an idea of interest so we know how many goodies to pick up!!

We’re working on rules and challenges, so bear with us. Sharpen your quills, warm up your voices, dust off your RP lads, lassies and well… other creatures. *wink* Tis time for some good old fashioned RP fun.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:34 am

Kadislan seeks a pair of helpers to assist in writing an epic poem, lauding Augloroasa's glorious victory over Thunderholme.

(Level 28 Necromancer)
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:10 am

I will put my body and weapons in front of my comrades. If they wish to respect such things as rules, they may feel free. Tempus has decreed that there are no rules in war. I bring war with me and if my travels bring me to you, you will know war.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Elet
Sojourner

Re: In the Interest of Challenge and "Fair" Play (

Postby Elet » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:28 am

Lilira wrote:Greetings and Salutations.

If you are reading this missive, obviously you are interested in the little Challenge that has tentatively been tossed out. Sotana and I have been receiving missives/inquiries regarding these games, and so now I ask that anyone interested in participating, please post your name here. If you have a team (of three people) formed, please post the names. We are using this wonderfully OOC way of keeping track so we have no need to keep sending messages back and forth to each other. (Sometimes we just aren't available for someone to talk to us.)

1) Each team will consist of three players. If for any reason a player cannot find a team, PLEASE post your name here and we will try and match you to anyone else that might need a team-mate.

2) EVILS, this is your chance to come and play! Show everyone what you're made of. You'll have to be a little sneaky though. *wink*

We will probably do the official registering in-game, for one reason or another we will need an idea of interest so we know how many goodies to pick up!!

We’re working on rules and challenges, so bear with us. Sharpen your quills, warm up your voices, dust off your RP lads, lassies and well… other creatures. *wink* Tis time for some good old fashioned RP fun.

there's hardly more than enough on who evil list.. so guess
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:08 am

Tempus has decreed that I will not be able to spill blood in His name. His avatar visited me and I was told that He has other plans for me and the spirit that shares my soul. He will reveal those plans when He is ready.
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:52 pm

In other words, we're not allowing Imphras to compete. They will be refereeing and judging.

I think I might assign Vigis to the Female Naked Pole Vault and MUD Wrestling Challenge.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:09 am

Darnit Ashiwi!! You know that Eya wanted in on that challenge!!
Mertak
Sojourner

Postby Mertak » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:34 am

Evil pbase be damned, MO will represent. Mertie and Jack the jackal will be there, and they'll have friends, fear not!

Mertie.
Ashiwi
Sojourner

Postby Ashiwi » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:44 am

I truly hope evils can play, because we expect them to play as evils. I don't expect them to eat the other players or the judges (no, not even as bribery), but within reasonable limits I would love to see if there are any still there who can pull off a truly satisfying devious underhandedness. There are a lot of ways to make this mud work for your benefit with a little trickery and imagination. I have great visions of WWF-class hijinks in the Arena Games, and referees will be forewarned against using non-RP tactics to determine cheating. I really look forward to seeing the good side go against that kind of challenge and face it with good roleplay (crying and tantrums included), even if the final decision is made for the evil team after all the points are tallied.

If nothing else works to bring out the evils to play, just imagine how much it would gall Ashiwi to have to award the grand prize to an effing troll.

P.S. Please keep in mind, the evil team can't win if the referee is killed mid-battle.
Gormal tells you 'im a dwarven onion'
Gormal tells you 'always another beer-soaked layer'

Inama ASSOC:: 'though it may suit your fantasies to think so, i don't need oil for anything.'

Haley: Filthy lucre? I wash that lucre every day until it SHINES!
Izisayyin
Sojourner

Postby Izisayyin » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:46 am

Ashiwi wrote:P.S. Please keep in mind, the evil team can't win if the referee is killed mid-battle.

We also can't lose...
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:04 am

Ah but draws mean you have to share the victory...

*wink*
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:06 am

Izisayyin wrote:
Ashiwi wrote:P.S. Please keep in mind, the evil team can't win if the referee is killed mid-battle.

We also can't lose...

You will also have the referee helping to kick yer ass if you target them with melee or a truly offensive spell :p Something like blind might or might not be an acceptable spell. The judge could fumble around clawing at his/her eyes and trying to see. Something like a force missile would be a bit more than underhanded and might result in the offending mage being targeted by the ref regardless of the outcome.

There are a couple of things that might need to be considered and might need some help from the RP Sphere though Ash, I'll talk to you about them when I see you next.

Ided
Sojourner

Postby Ided » Fri Oct 21, 2005 5:07 am

I shall lead my undead armies in such trials. Prepare for your release from your mortal uselessness as I grant you true power under my command...

*cackle*

-Ided
Adriorn Darkcloak
Sojourner

The Warders

Postby Adriorn Darkcloak » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:05 pm

The Warders will be happy to compete in this tournament. Here are our two teams for now:

Adriorn
Areh
Saumel

&

Lorsalian
Netonosel
Santren

Best of luck.
Elet
Sojourner

Postby Elet » Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:05 am

Mertak wrote:Evil pbase be damned, MO will represent. Mertie and Jack the jackal will be there, and they'll have friends, fear not!

Mertie.

you wont be doing this alone. i can be either elet/uta/teguh for you mertak
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:29 pm

Bump...

More information coming soon, trying to get these in order on the BBS list.

Lil

OOC: Attention all who intend to enter.. kindly remember this is an RP based competition.. please start polishing up your character's RP personality as points will be awarded for RP. It is entirely possible that RP points could decide the game. *grin*
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:40 pm

Elet wrote:
Mertak wrote:Evil pbase be damned, MO will represent. Mertie and Jack the jackal will be there, and they'll have friends, fear not!

Mertie.

you wont be doing this alone. i can be either elet/uta/teguh for you mertak

Guess I could play Latreg or Ssissaz.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:11 pm

i can break out my troll if needed, mmail tafah
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:57 pm

Oh yay!! Two evil teams are more fun than one!! Keep them coming!

Keep in mind though, Ashiwi being the stickler she is, you'll have to be sneaky to sign up. *wink*

RPing the entry is part of the game. We're trying really hard to make this entire thing fun, fair and challenging for anyone who becomes involved. Please pass the word to your friends and drag them along too! *grin*

I'll be posting dates within the next couple of days.

Thank you to all who have shown interest, and we look forward to seeing you at the games. (I'll see you all earlier.. to sign up!!)

Lil
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:21 pm

troll no sneaky, troll eat sneakythings... slam lil
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:55 pm

That's why clever trolls find someone else who is sneaky.

*nimbly dodges outta the way, whapping him on the head then fleeing.*
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:00 pm

Okies..

Registration will take place November 7th through the 10th.

I'll be set up at the base of the Dryad Tree south of the Chionthar ferry off and on during those days. If for some reason due to time differences or something, any team misses me please feel free to mudmail and I'll make an effort to be there. :-)

Registration requirements:

1) The games are open for all elves, half-elves, dwarves, gnomes, halflings and humans to register. (OOC: We are NOT excluding evil races. You have the option of hiring someone to register you {the sponsor named later} or have your rogue or illu disguise for registration.) Teams must be registered with the names of the entrants who will be competing. One member of the team must appear before me with a list of team members and their specialties. (ooc: Name, class, level *grin*) Entry fees are three platinum pieces, non-refundable, of course. Once your teams are registered and your fee is paid, you will be guaranteed a position in our games. As we know not all those who compete in the games can afford to be self-sufficient, we will be allowing registration through team sponsors. As we will not be able to meet team members when they are registered through a sponsor, the sponsor, or a suitable designated representative, will be required to file all paperwork and pay entry fees on their behalf at the time of registration.

2) You must have a full team to register (3 people). Anyone that does not have a team, post here, or talk to others who have posted in an attempt to form. Ask around, direct them to these threads. Remember, just because you aren't a level 50 doesn't mean you don't stand a chance, there's ALWAYS rp points.

Thank you everyone who has shown interest. We're really looking forward to the start of this, and look forward to greeting all contestants at the to-be-announced opening ceremonies. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me, Sotana or Ashiwi a tell.

Lilira Shadowlyre

Edited to add some additional information.
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:40 pm

OOC POST

I'm working on a schedule, but I need input from you folks who are in Wacky Time Zones... (Wacky to mine of course *grin*)

Please drop me a tell in game as Lilira, Lerinala (anon) or Eya, so I know who in what time zones are interested and we can come up with the best compromise my little brain can figure up.

Don't forget! Registration starts MONDAY. I'll be on at about 8 am EST, maybe a tad bit earlier. Fee is three plats, and they will go back into the prize jackpot. Registration will end Thursday night. No I won't be connected sitting there at the dryad tree for 4 days waiting for people to gimme money, but I will be trying to hit different times. If for some reason I miss you, please send a mmail to Lilira or a tell to either of the three top listed chars and I'll try to hop on or find a time that is more conducive to taking your money. *grin*

Thanks everyone who is interested, and we're really looking forward to this.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:06 pm

Kadislan still seeks a pair of helpers to assist her in research for writing an epic poem.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:49 pm

Bump again since I did add an information request and anyone watching this might be looking for Lilira, Ashiwi or Sotana as posters for updates. I really need to hear from people about times or we're going to have to wing it.

Thanks!
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:03 am

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS!!!!!!!!!! (all times are EST)

Saturday Nov. 12th - 12:00 pm Opening Ceremonies

Saturday Nov. 12th - 1:00 pm Naked Arena

Saturday Nov 12h - End of day Start of the 5 day Scavenger Hunt

Sunday, Nov 13th - 4pm Posting of the literary works to stories section.. Check rules

Sunday, Nov 13th - 12:00 pm Start of Capture the flag

Monday, Nov 14th - 4pm Judges to start reading works

Tuesday, Nov 15th - 9 pm Trivia Challenge

Wednesay, Nov 16th - 9 pm Footrace

Thursday, Nov 17th - 8 pm End of 5-day Scavenger Hunt

Saturday, Nov 19th - 12 pm Three Hour Scavenger Hunt

Sunday, Nov 20th - 12 pm Battle Royale

Sunday, Nov 20th - 4 pm Closing Ceremonies

I probably could make this prettier, but the silly thing wasn't cooperating.

Thanks.. And don't forget, registration begins tomorrow at 8 AM EST. One member of each team or a representative with a 3 plat fee must present themselves to Lilira at the Dryad tree.
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:14 pm

bump, cuz this one has a timezone code :)

Kelly is fired.
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”