menzo drow read this!

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:35 pm

So there might be a drow guild ay? I have no problem with Tefah being a leader, but if we are viewing this from an RP perspective, perhaps a female drow would be a suitable choice to take leadership, for obvious reasons. No, I am not volunteering myself. :) There are other females, right?? but if it isn't from an RP prospective and just plain ol' fun, etc, then lead on! whoever that may be. :)

*whips you* sssikatish!!

Talasha aka ME!
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:03 am

I have read the majority of this post .. and originally I had a 20th drow rogue in the other town.. it got boring rather quickly running in a square and killing slaves.. plus is not a enjoyable class solo.

I have recreated as a level 1 drow invoker in Menzo by the name of 'Zotah' .. I would be interested in joining along with this if you are still welcoming anyone else?

Groupwise I have hardly any experience and I hope you wouldn't mind teaching someone a few of the tricks along the way to being good in working with a group.
Vigis
Sojourner

Postby Vigis » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:46 am

Sundara wrote:So there might be a drow guild ay? I have no problem with Tefah being a leader, but if we are viewing this from an RP perspective, perhaps a female drow would be a suitable choice to take leadership, for obvious reasons. No, I am not volunteering myself. :) There are other females, right?? but if it isn't from an RP prospective and just plain ol' fun, etc, then lead on! whoever that may be. :)

*whips you* sssikatish!!

Talasha aka ME!

If the association were to be based on RP (or the structure were to be based on RP) a female cleric would of course be the natural choice. I unfortunately have not had enough free time to do more than peruse the boards from work and once again before I go to sleep, so I haven't made a char yet. But, from reading the boards, it appears that Shar and Sundara are the only 2 female chars? If this is the case, then Sundara would have to be the leader by default.

Unless the rules for associations has changed, imms cannot be leaders or officers of any guild. I was a Lieut in a couple of guilds that were made up mostly of former PoTS folks and each time before the offer was extended, I was asked to truthfully reveal whether or not I was an imm at any level (anybody who knows me realizes that I can barely find my keyboard, let alone act as an imm, but they had to make sure.)

I believe the rule actually dates as far back as Toril or at least Soj1, although I think it has been lessened since then. Originally no imm could even be a member of a guild or clan (I can't remember exactly when it was that we lost Uthgar).

Several people in the clique seem to be leaning toward RP, and I think that is a great thing. If the association is going to be formed on RP, then one of the participants might need to roll a female character, or one of the female characters might need to step forward and ask for the position.

*Shrugs* I like what you all are doing, I wish I could get the time to join you. Best of luck regardless of how you decide to form your association. (As a thought, rather than being an association that represents a noble house where females are the undisputed power, you could model yourselves after Bregan D'aerthe - a band of mercenaries who will recruit the best of the ignoble in an attempt to wield more power than the matron mothers).
Nerox tells you 'Good deal, the other tanks I have don't wanna do it, and since your my special suicidal tank i figure you don't mind one bit!'

Alurissi tells you 'aren't you susposed to get sick or something and not beable to make tia so i can go? :P'
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:35 pm

Vigis wrote:If the association were to be based on RP (or the structure were to be based on RP) a female cleric would of course be the natural choice. I unfortunately have not had enough free time to do more than peruse the boards from work and once again before I go to sleep, so I haven't made a char yet. But, from reading the boards, it appears that Shar and Sundara are the only 2 female chars? If this is the case, then Sundara would have to be the leader by default.

I believe (could be wrong) if menzo is your home town, all clerics are female. I made one up and don't think I had a choice on sex, I've never made a female character until now. I hate to let the cat out of the bag....but long term goal, r.p. and get our own house in menzo.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'
Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'
Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:34 pm

Helmaz and Ineca have already been forced from the kinder haven of scardale, others are soon to follow. If you wish to join please do! All are welcome, and by now i'm sure you all know by all I mean everyone but stacked alts.

Vigis wrote:Several people in the clique seem to be leaning toward RP

I am an RP fan, not fanatic nor really good at it. Allow me to enlighten those that gather their info from the boards however. Opinions posted here by certain players may not be the overall tone of the group, especially since certain players haven't shown up in days. *nudge nudge* (on a side note, it was nice to hang out w/ nijitali a bit last night to help w/ our little spank)

Is there a gender quest? hehe... I once had a bard on duris who was genderless. F'ed up people's triggers cause they had his|her.

Latreg, can we really do that?! that's be sweet!!

Teklar!! If you sit at the keyboard and stare at one window then I'd love to have you in my groups and will spend the 2 mins to teach you everything I know! *psst* helmaz will help too, vokers give him a greatsword, if ya know what i mean.

mmail tafah if you are thinkin' of joining or if you have already joined us and are still below lvl 10... If the outcry is enough I might just reroll myself and fix gender/wisdom for your rp needs.
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:43 pm

i'm trying to catch up :) only 16 to go to get out of scarsdale.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:48 pm

you guys are missing out on so much UD experience .. *sigh*

explore your home!(to those who dont know .. the UD is HUGE, more there than just GH and Menzo)
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:56 pm

hehe... what's gh ambabe? Edit: GloomHaven is gh... he he he *i'm stupid*

Explored from Menzo west to kobolds, north from there to the svinferibn caves and south to the duergars guards, from there up to the surface

talk to me when I'm on darling, I seriously think I'm missing something, haven't seen gloomhaven (duergar ht?) or xarkithon (sp? squid ht)

woot teklar!! only 12 more lvl's for minute meteors!!!
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:22 pm

Dont know where Menzo is geographically, havent been there yet, assume (eep I assumed) it is west of GH as the GH room descriptions were worded. The UD is a vast WORLD. There are zones there, and MANY quests. A more experienced evil could tell ya more, I weas just a follower for those adventures.

Nice eq is to be had from the UD .. thats all I feel comfie saying ona public forum...

You still want that dagger dont you *stare*

-Italian Proverb
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:38 pm

What dagger?
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:49 pm

Hsoj wrote:What dagger?

Move along, nothing to see here. We're in a pwipe, there are no level 50s with knowledge of quests to hand out. *scold*
Netonosel
Sojourner

Postby Netonosel » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:50 pm

busted
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:58 pm

Birile wrote:
Hsoj wrote:What dagger?

Move along, nothing to see here. We're in a pwipe, there are no level 50s with knowledge of quests to hand out. *scold*

rofl i didnt hand anything out :P my point was that there are MANY things to be done in the UD, many quests, quests for eq that you dont need to be 50 to do ...

When we explored the UD, we didnt have twinked out gear, the mud was only a few months into this wipe, we did fine :P Any OLD OLD evil would know what eq I am talkin about, probably goodies too. Decent mid level evil only stuff :)

Edit:
If the mud really wiped would we suddenly lose all beforehand knowledge of the mud? I'm beting no, otherwisde Durisites wouldnt get requipped so fast ...

-Italian Proverb
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:03 pm

This conversation has gotten me more lost than the writhing tunnels all in black ansi. I hate you all for my confusion, good day
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:38 pm

Ambar wrote:If the mud really wiped would we suddenly lose all beforehand knowledge of the mud? I'm beting no, otherwisde Durisites wouldnt get requipped so fast ...

True enough, but the Menzo drow agreement was to not accept any help from outside. So yeah, he could accept info/help/eq/whatever from me, but shouldn't from someone outside the Menzo group! :)
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:42 pm

Why do i get the feeling that birile just wants to mold me into his rogue minion?!

Help i'm being oppressed!!
Netonosel
Sojourner

Postby Netonosel » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:44 pm

lol
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:48 pm

Hsoj wrote:This conversation has gotten me more lost than the writhing tunnels all in black ansi. I hate you all for my confusion, good day

"I said good day!" - Fez
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:58 pm

Pril wrote:
Hsoj wrote:This conversation has gotten me more lost than the writhing tunnels all in black ansi. I hate you all for my confusion, good day

"I said good day!" - Fez

ah HAH!

Pril = Fez!

*that dumbass foreign kid*
-Ref Forman

-Italian Proverb
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:59 pm

Birile wrote:
Ambar wrote:If the mud really wiped would we suddenly lose all beforehand knowledge of the mud? I'm beting no, otherwisde Durisites wouldnt get requipped so fast ...

True enough, but the Menzo drow agreement was to not accept any help from outside. So yeah, he could accept info/help/eq/whatever from me, but shouldn't from someone outside the Menzo group! :)

And i STILL havent given any info out :P I am simply suggesting the Menzo clan explore the UD! *gig*

silly bard

-Italian Proverb
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:13 pm

Ambar wrote:
Birile wrote:

And i STILL havent given any info out :P I am simply suggesting the Menzo clan explore the UD! *gig*

silly bard

Oh, I'm exploring and looting at the ripe old age of Level 16, trust me. :twisted:
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:17 pm

Ambar wrote:
Pril wrote:

"I said good day!" - Fez

ah HAH!

Pril = Fez!

*that dumbass foreign kid*
-Ref Forman

That's RED Forman not REF! *sigh*

"DUMBASS!" - Red Forman
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:22 pm

oopsie silly typo :P

and ok I sowwy for hijacking thread :(

-Italian Proverb
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:35 pm

this thread has taken a much better turn actually

and to anyone who disagree's...

Red Foreman: You're going to be wearing your ass for a hat
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:32 pm

After 12 hours of negative exp, I'm giving up the eq-wipe. Just not worth the frustration. :cry: Still exping Iqhas, just doing it with some eq from storage.
Netonosel
Sojourner

Postby Netonosel » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:39 am

Just wanted to post that I too had gotten extremely frustrated and euiped my char.

However, after about 2 hours...and some time to cool off.....I have gone back on this decision. Am returning the eq to storage..gonna lose the xp I gained...and return to our original plan.

After lev 20, when you have to leave Scar, xp without decent eq is more than painful. I have logged over 4 days in this character, all of which were active, and am only lev 23. Just got very frustrated and snapped.

Just wanted to let you al know what was goin on. I respect Iqhas completely if he decides to stay his current course.
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:20 am

none of my higher alts have had great eq either.. so i'm having fun with this myself.. Evil is suppose to be a hard life, Drow quite possibly would be deemed the most difficult if you have ever read any of the books..

death.. decite.. and other imaginable things quite possibly from anyone even of the own family to increase in status :)

Personally, only reason I'm doing it is I get to see alot of female drow with whips.. but that's another story.

Zotah (Drow invoker)
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:36 am

This is not an endorsement for equiping your character...

BUT

I'd much rather see ya guys get frustrated and toss on a few items than leave. Please don't leave. This is so much fun, and it's great to see ya all on almost everytime i log on.

AND

I feel your pain, the other day i was mapping GH and decided to visit their king, the F'in bastard stabbed me in the back and killed me in one hit. As if this wasn't enough, Zabam and I went back to cr and the f'in bastard let me walk by and get my eq and then killed me as i tried to sneak past him again. Some people tried to help, lured him from the room so i could get my eq but Zabam was in the path and got slaughtered as well. Then I was in battlemaze and died again. I was only 16-15 then and so gettin' the exp back wasn't as hard for me as it was for Helmaz.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:30 am

edited to remove opinions

yes they were our own, but we didnt intended to offend. The post was NOT directed at any ONE individual and since I have expressed my VERY good impression of Fatah in general, and since it offended him, I chose to remove the original post.

I guess I saw the whole experiment way differently than it was intedned? So sorry! I saw it as a way to explore Menzo and the UD, and to revitalize evils.

Within a week or two people are equipping their chars with storage eq. Is that a sign of frustration in the slowness of leveling by SOME, or is it a general group opinion? I personally dont have the time needed to devote to starting from scratch. I freely admit that. I guess in the long haul, new players are quite often equiopped from these same storage caches, so whats the difference imho?

Heheh its amazing how many posts on this thread I have started then deleted :P Think I will just butt out and mark all threads read :P

Best wishes!
Last edited by Ambar on Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Italian Proverb
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:27 am

wtf is up w/ that post ambar? that you and your boys opinion?

i don't see what the motivation for such a post was, am I mistaken in that neither of you are participating in this "experiment/idea".

cast 'dispel confusion' self

Ambar, it has been weeks and people are still logging on, more people come in every few days, same faces i have not seen in awhile *glare jotez* but then others have come forward *hi5 zotah,popox*

cast 'biting sarcasm' self

Michael, thank you for your permission to gear up and defeat the very basis of what we're doing, I appreciate you stepping forward to give us the thumbs up.

omg i'm so pissed atm. you both just struck a nerve or something... yes i realize that this is doomed to fail as it is a self imposed rule and in this day and age people have very little control over themselves, but have some f'in' tact and don't point it out.

cas 'dispel wetblanket'

to my fellow drows,
iit's a game, please have fun, iqhas toss on some damn hp to keep yaself alive and enjoy this, and for the love of all that is holy, someone locate me some +dam, i got 15 hit but 5 dam still, this is ridiculous
Last edited by Hsoj on Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:36 am

I can't break the rules simply I play 2 goodie alts with non caster gear.. so no worries for me .. and I rather enjoy the challenge.. I hope some stick to it.. and yes some of us are 20+ old.. cough or 30+ and can't be here every moment because of RL issues, but we try .. i'm more working solo then grouping but that's fine for now..

I play in drow form as I read about them, I accept it.. it's tough in this gear, but then.. I had assumed the purpose was as we grow we explore and take opportunities to gain better eq as we progress.. a challenge is the whole point of a game otherwise it's not enjoyable.. like buying a new video game, inputting the cheat code first off and never getting to experience the quality of feeling something accomplished :)

babble.. drool.. carry on.
Netonosel
Sojourner

Postby Netonosel » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:40 pm

Wow, alot of response to this,

Need to post a reply to a few statements that were read.

1. I never planned on "quitting" this character or group. I just got a bit frustrated and wigged out for a couple hours.

2. As I said before, I have dumped off the storage eq, and am back to my set which we all earned.

3. I agree with multiple points which were stated. I believe this entire thing had MULTIPLE purposes.

a. A challenge for people who have "mastered" the goodies. (which I HAVE NOT)

b. A chance to learn a new zone and area of the game for nearly everyone involved.

c. Attempt to give the evil side of the game a jump-start.

d. I haven't really told anyone this, but I wanted to test the mud, to see how difficult it really is to start a new character from scratch, as a complete noob would. Thought maybe perhaps this may help explain our lack of new players.

I'm sure there are multiple other reasons why people have done this.

So, I guess I would like to send out an apology for causing the sudden flare up of emotion for everyone on this post. Eqing our chars was a decision made jointly by me and Iqhas, not just him. He was just the one with balls enough to post it first.

Anyway, as stated earlier, I have removed the eq and lost the xp I gained.(although not on purpose as I had planned :P).

So, if everyone is willing to let bigons be bigons, lets continue what we were doing and give this a go.

Thanks

Helmaz -level 23- Warrior
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:47 pm

Just my 2c: Remember the Crimson Sigil's story... (the Soj3 Sigil, that is) It was a goodie wannabie elitist clan, and it ended up in void now... Dont let it happen again.
Va'esse deireadh aep eigean... Something is ending...
Birile
Sojourner

Postby Birile » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:58 pm

Hi :)

Didn't get to see any of the deleted posts. :)

I think I'm going to stay eq'd. As someone pointed out, some of us are over 30 (*glare*). It just wasn't worth it to me to have wasted my Friday and Saturday (ended the day on Saturday with 1% more exp than I started--and I was on all day!). I'm old, I get aggravated easily. What can I say? :lol:

For me, I want to help revitalize the ebils a little bit (wow, and we have done that so far!). I'm not going to un-eq myself because I know myself enough to know I'll get frustrated again later on. :wink:

For me, mudding is supposed to be fun and I wasn't having fun at all for a couple of days. Yes, exp is a task, but it should not (in my opinion, not speaking for anyone else!) be so grueling at such a low level.

I'm not discarding the character, I'm not secluding myself from the rest of the Menzo drowbies, I know my decision may not be popular and some people may resent it, but that's something I thought about before taking the step to eq myself.

That being said, I like the Menzo drow necro life and I'm sticking with it and I'm going to have lots of fun and I'm meeting a lot of very cool people who are true lowbies who are getting to know the MUD as well as forming friendships with people who've been on the MUD a long time that I never really talked to (coughHelmazcough).

I'll miss the joy of finding 9str 9dex 4ac gloves on a mob, but for my sanity I think that's a price I'm willing to pay. :)

Later!
Latreg
Sojourner

Postby Latreg » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:39 pm

Hsoj wrote: faces i have not seen in awhile *glare jotez, dived,* but then others have come forward *hi5 zotah,popox*

Popox was on last few nights, I'm play Tirqice now instead of Dived, since there aren't many clerics on.
Talona responds to your petition with 'Sweet, I fixed something!'

Talona LFG: [55 Evil Human Nec] 'Don't make me mud castrate you all.'

Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but you still cant help smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:05 pm

Yes Birile some of us are over 30.. that's why I glare funny at teenagers (nogs).

a 1% day.. wouldn't be something to frustrate me considering it took an entire year solo on a druid to scrape from 41 to 42

I think perhaps if enough players who all love to read the forgotten realms series got to somehow see the depth of the game before they join would be here as Fans and the gameplay come second.. My opinion I suppose but it's why I am here.. I could loose all my xp gained so far but being able to play as my favorite race 'the drow' from the Books more then makes up for it.. I can live the books I read.

Some of us have never zoned either, that's another reason i'm going for this to at some point learn group dynamics so I can take what I have learned and when I do play one of my alts use that knowledge better for the group I am with instead of wondering why I look like a spastic chicken with it's head cut off or have lacked to understand some nuiance of the game.

Human nature for people to do different things under frustration, I can understand there will be great variances in how people cope with it in the larger drow community trying to follow these set rules.

We all just need to have some nice milk and cookies we took from the Grey elves and be happy :)

Hmmms... trying to do a 'go get em, have fun' speech but i'm not so great in forming my thoughts to words :)

-= Zotah =-
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:37 pm

i'm readin' them books, drizzt just got a kitty...

woot popox!

Birile, i really hope you don't quit when i taunt the holy hell out of you for equiping!! just playing

btw, dazer is driving me up the wall, PLEASE add an arena near menzo so we can kill eachother!! not just playing

congrats to zabam for 21!! voker of doom!!!
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:38 pm

The things I have learned so far about being a Menzo Drow..

1. You're going to Die.. ALOT
2. If you thought you had just died alot, You will die some more
3. Get use to your current level, if you gain another one you will soon revisit it by dying
4. Did I mention you will die alot? .. well.. You will
5. Exploring the Underdark, you will die even if invis.. alot.
6. This is the only character I've truely de-evolved by dying.. ALOT :)

..that is all, remember.. don't die.. but if you do .. do it alot.. at least.. that's what I keep telling myself.. it's my donation to the drow.. follow my corpses.. it is a early warning sign to danger.
Zabam
Sojourner

Postby Zabam » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:02 pm

Thanks Hsoj,

I can say it has not been easy trying to gain that 1 level, especially running around with just over 100 hps and an AC of -20. Maybe being a relative noob has helped me in that I'm not used to having high end EQ, i.e. developing an acute focus on just plain suvival :)

So far I've found the xp cycle of:
Vile/female driders, poor coomoners, a trophy trip to the mushroom fields, weak kobold guards-children-females, bats and then repeat;
is pretty safe but takes a long time to gain xps. And it's going to take longer.

There is another Kobold Nest; north/up/west from the Matron/Shaman area. I think this is a bit higher area. The scouts do trip ya, which is a bad thing for a caster. I didn't try any other mobs there as the "spidy senses" told me to not to tempt another mob there.

Any suggestions on other xp areas are more than welcome!

**Zab'm**
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:10 pm

north, up, west.. Thanks Zabam I didn't know of this one yet :) ... clambers into mud.. to Die some more.

-= Zotah =-
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:29 pm

and if ya continue n from there use invis
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Bug or Drowbies cheating ?

Postby muxxissinix » Tue Nov 01, 2005 4:45 am

Shop in Menzo....

Vilteern's Fine Chains
Room size: Large (L:40 ft W:40 ft H:20 ft)
Exits: - West
Vilteern stands here, preparing a fine chainmail.

You can buy:
1) a suit of fine drow chainmail for 37 platinum, and 5 gold coins.

Shop in GH.....

The Shop of Gek the Armorer
Gek is probably the wealthiest duergar in all of Gloomhaven, dealing
in the finest of duergar mithril armor, forged and detailed on the Forge
Level two tiers below. Gek's shop is a sprawling group of tables arranged
along the edge of the Merchant's ring, overlooking the enormity of the cavern.
Gek will sell to anyone as long as the platinum is good, and his profit is
high.
Room size: Large (L:50 ft W:50 ft H:20 ft)
Exits: - East - West
A sign rests on the stone shop counter here.
Gek the armorer stands here, waiting to assist his next customer.

< 155h/155H 92v/135V P: std > sell chainmail
Gek says 'I'll give you 82 platinum, and 5 gold coins for it.'
You sell a suit of fine drow chainmail to Gek.

You can buy:
1) a suit of fine drow chainmail for 187 platinum, and 5 gold coins.
2) A pair of vicious looking armguards for 48 platinum, 7 gold, and 5 silver coins.
3) A pair of lizard-skin gloves for 2 platinum, and 5 gold coins.
4) A duergar mithril chain choker for 6 gold, 2 silver, and 5 copper coins.
5) Some lizard-skin sleeves for 2 platinum, and 5 gold coins.

I have a couple of days playing and found this, don't tell me im the only one who noticed this bug.
Ruagh
Sojourner

Postby Ruagh » Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:20 pm

Since people are asking about the Sigil story, Id tell you some.
email me at vvf@flima.ru
WBR, Ruagh Wander Alone, the Weaponsmaster.

What, youngster, what did you asked for? Crimson Sigil, uhhhh. I havent seen anybody mentioning that name for long, long time. But yesh, I remember it quite well. I will tell ya about it.
(Sipping the hot herbs tea, he coughs)

Crimson Sigil... Those were the days. The days of old glory, I tell ya. Okay, I will tell you about them. Although I am old and rusty and forgot more than some people will ever know.... It was in the days of Cherzra, in the days of Yssilk, Baldorak and Vjaerrak, in the days of Gromikazer Terrorforge, Mezzellixxissizz, Noliez, Baikalisan, and Lazzraxxuum, when Ossis was roaming the realms... Gazhad, Zolden, Narsliss, Ssissiv, Sszantiel, Verzul, Zazyg, Zalkenai... They are just tiny white strings in my config, and they were alive those days. Bringing the old memories alive isnt always pleasant, since I am one of the last who recalls them and who knew when I was just a tiny curious trolls, wandering all throughout the Realms and peeking my nose where I wasnt supposed to peek... Perhaps my time to go has come - I dont feel "at home" any more, with hordes of unknown faces around..... Its so sad to browse old tabadds and to recall the times when those tabadds all were used.....

Well Crimson Sigil - or just Sigil - it was a clan who could be compared to Crimson Coalition those days. It was goodies who went evils "to save em", when there were really something to save, sometimes evils even had 2 zone groups at once, and were regularly doing Scorps/CC/clouds. CS were elite, they rocked... but when we were asking them to come we were hearing "no Im busy exping a clannie", "no Im busy eq'ing a clannie", "no our clan is planning *****". Thus they have come "against evils", and were considered "evilrace goodies", particularly for dicing stuff when evils of those days were handing it out. That and auction has brought greed, greed brought alot of underequipped evils, underequipped evils brought poor zone performance due to poor gear, poor zoning brought decrease in evil numbers - well youve got the daisy chain idea. Im not blaming the CS itself - it was a common tendency in the extintion of evil races, theyve just helped with that a bit.

The main point was - they didnt accepted the "evil way of life" back then. They were acting like they used to act as goodies - and thus evils didnt accepted them as "fellow evils" even when they reached 50th levels and equipped themselves as the rest of the evils...

...with those words old troll has drifted in his dreams, sometimes muttering "To arms!!! To the right, to the right... Rescue him... Argh...Bash...No, no, shieldpunch it..."
Va'esse deireadh aep eigean... Something is ending...
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:59 pm

I think this is the greatest and one of the funnest ideas to come around in a LONG time! Thanks to whoever it was who started this crazy adventure!

That said, when I noticed what was going on, I immediately jumped in on the action. To help you little evils along, and for my own personal, sadistic pleasure. How sadistic? I am currently relevelling another enchanter from scratch. Isn't that crazy!

Its a little sad tho (in the sympathetic sense, not the nasty way) that so many of us are having such a hard time. I offer my services, tho I am strictly limiting myself according to the rules (NO eq!) and am even trying to limit my use of previous knowledge (I explore and wont lead beyond where my guy has been himself alone, and I wont share quests my guy hasnt finished yet).

FOr some Pointers to those having trouble:

1. Roll high agility. Drow have amazing AC, take advantage of it.
2.Scardale eq can get you well beyond -50 ac if you follow point 1.
3.Scardale quest eq is easy to get and useful, -70 ac is now possible.
4.Scardale xp is the easiest in the game, ask for help about mobs!
5.UD is full of fun things to do (and great xp), so lets get out there!

As it is, Im playing a frail char with utterly low hps (3 per level) and not exactly the greatest in the realm of damage. I have died a few times, even lost level once or twice (damn crits!) but it seems to be going pretty well. I'll soon be kicked out of scardale, but I'm telling ya, once i got stones, muhahahaha! My point is, its very possible, so dont lose hope!

(and props to you helmaz for comin back to us)

-Daggaz
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:21 pm

Just have to post a reminder on the Menzo Drow...

You will die ALOT .. especially like yesterday when Cyric petitions me asking if i'm ok I died so quickly and much :)

Lost the level, almost lost two and never gained it back.. that's true progress for ya!

n s e e s d ..*splat*
Popowidle (Gnome, Invoker), Edek (HalfElf Ranger), Calarum (Grey-elf, Druid)
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:37 pm

Okay, after advice and much frustration Zotah is not anymore... Now I am Ahsek ..

With my many deaths I plan on turning this name into a Drow curse phrase... "Ah Sek! .. not again"
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:45 pm

You wont necessarily Die as much as a drow voker who rolls with less than average con... *cough Teklar*

No offense, just saying this so other people wont get so scared...
But I am following all the rules, and I gotta say, my deaths are at a minimum so far (they do happen. 90 hps is hard), usually with an unlucky bash/crit combo.

Gonna have stoneskin sooooon =)
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:20 pm

I had 63 at lvl 19 :) now I have 64 with gear at 11.. big difference :) only died 2x but less so from the 1 hit .. what was that .. deaths :) and more so from me getting a burp of lag.

Ah Sek! ... whats that translate to in human? ..
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:25 pm

i feel so special now that i got to witness one of those deaths.

so i was exping last night... i earned 21% in 84 kills as i was toolin' around in battlemaze, pretty nifty.

Also i ran into two new rogues, Serusa and dorax. G'luck to ya both!
muxxissinix
Sojourner

Pwipe vs Negligence is not fun !!!

Postby muxxissinix » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:11 am

I know die is part of this game, but being killed where you don't supose to be dying is lame.
Today died 3 times, 2 because someone lured aggros out to roads. And the third time was because mobs who don't supose to asssit did, they never did before and now they do,
The zonelet where i died is under dk, walking from menzo to dk without WB and being ultra is NOT fun.

Wandering the Underdark Bazaar
A group of enterprising troll warriors has turned this portion of the
bazaar into an arena of sorts. A raised stage has been built, with
animal hides to cushion the fall of comabatants. Around it are arrayed
many chairs, sold to the eager onlookers for the duration of a match. Many
place bets with the group of trolls, wagering on whom will win, although
it is most often the trolls. The bazzar continues north, west, and east of
here.
Room size: Huge (L:100 ft W:100 ft H:500 ft)
Exits: - North - East - West
A duergar warrior stands here, preparing to wrestle.
A young duergar watches the trolls wrestle.
A young drow watches the trolls wrestle.
A troll works the crowd, collecting bets.
A young duergar watches the trolls wrestle.
A young drow watches the trolls wrestle.
A troll wrestler bellows here, daring any comer to wrestle him.
An illithid watches the spectacle bemusedly.

< 266h/266H 74v/125V P: std > l 2.troll
This massive troll is well-built, and quite a formidable opponent. His
crusty green hide shows no sign of previous injury in battle. Then again,
any wound suffered by a troll would quickly heal. All he wears is a pair
of loose shorts, as he stomps around the ring, daring someone to fight him.
Grak, the troll wrestler is in excellent condition.

<worn around neck> a pendant of the one-eyed god

< 266h/266H 75v/125V P: std > bash 2.troll
Your bash at Grak, the troll wrestler sends him sprawling.

< 266h/266H 76v/125V T: Nazhej TC: excellent E: grak EC: few scratches P: std >
You dodge Grak, the troll wrestler's vicious attack.
Grak, the troll wrestler misses you with his hit.
You barely slash Grak, the troll wrestler.

< 266h/266H 76v/125V T: Nazhej TC: excellent E: grak EC: few scratches P: std >
A brain golem lumbers in from the north.

< 266h/266H 77v/125V T: Nazhej TC: excellent E: grak EC: few scratches P: std >
A brain golem lumbers in from the north.

You slash Grak, the troll wrestler.

Grak, the troll wrestler barely hits you.
You parry Grak, the troll wrestler's lunge at you.
Grak, the troll wrestler clambers to his feet.
Your attack only grazes Grak, the troll wrestler as he dodges aside!

< 259h/266H 79v/125V T: Nazhej TC: few scratches E: grak EC: few scratches P: std > bash
Your bash at Grak, the troll wrestler sends him sprawling.

< 259h/266H 79v/125V T: Nazhej TC: few scratches E: grak EC: few scratches P: std >
A brain golem sends you sprawling.

< 246h/266H 80v/125V T: Nazhej TC: few scratches E: grak EC: few scratches P: sit >
A brain golem misses you with its smash.
A brain golem's attack glances off your shield, but finds it's mark!
You have learned something new about defense!
A brain golem smashes you extremely hard.
You gasp in pain from a brain golem's awesome smash!
OUCH! That really did HURT!
Grak, the troll wrestler hits you very hard.
You slash Grak, the troll wrestler.
You swing _really_ badly, sending your a bloodstained hand axe flying!

< 125h/266H 80v/125V T: Nazhej TC: nasty wounds E: grak EC: few scratches P: sit >
A brain golem glares icily at you, you feel COLD to your bones.
A brain golem half kills you with its mighty smash!
YIKES! Another hit like that, and you've had it!!
< 26h/266H 80v/125V T: Nazhej TC: awful E: grak EC: few scratches P: sit > fle
st
fle
You dodge a brain golem's vicious attack.
A brain golem's final blow sends you to meet your maker.
With a final blow, you feel yourself falling to the ground.
Your soul leaves your body in the cold sleep of death...
You lose a level!
You stop floating.
Your gills disappear.

*** Welcome to Toril ***

0) Leave Toril for a Time.
1) Enter the realms of Toril.
2) See who is currently playing.
3) Read the background story.
4) Change your password.
5) Enter your character description.
6) Delete this character.

Make your choice: Wrong option.