Are the Menzo Drow dieing off?

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Netonosel
Sojourner

Are the Menzo Drow dieing off?

Postby Netonosel » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:07 pm

Just wanted to have a quick post to ask the status of everyone in the Menzo Drow and other "pwipe" race groups.
Over the last week, I have noticed the number of people drop off severely. I realize RL takes precedent, as I have not been able to play as much either.
Just wanted to make sure that the numbers are down due to other factors, not because people are quitting the group.
At a certain point, if we are to keep with the theme we all decided on, running these characters without a decent number of people will be impossible.
There will be no hard fellings towards anyone, just would like to know if things are kinda dieing out.

Laterz,

Helmaz
Hsoj
Sojourner
Location: Not close enough to stalk... Latitude 45°30'30" Longitude -121°50'30"

Postby Hsoj » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:16 pm

I've been around, but I was laughed out of the UD
-==~ Tafah Auvry'ar'lyl | Fatah Fire Bath ~==-
Sundara
Sojourner

Postby Sundara » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:36 pm

dying? uh oh

As for myself, I have been busy with rl, when things start to slow down again, I'll have some spare time to give my character some more attention. I log in on sparatic moments, granted 30 - 45 mins isn't enough, but hey, I do what I can. Ohhhh......and for the past couple of times I've logged on, Tafah has been gracious enough to share my company and help. Thanks, Taf! :) Who needs a tank when you got a sneaky drow with flying daggers? ohhh how wicked!

;-)
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:47 pm

Np talasha, always a pleasure to be in your company

i finnaly got 19th last night, am going to get 20 this weekend or drink myself retarded, not sure which yet.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:02 pm

I've just been lazy about mine, but I've not given up on her. I've also been helping Hsoj by grouping him and making a trigger to tell him if he was hidden.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
avak
Sojourner

Postby avak » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:20 pm

I'm still here! Uzaf is level 17 or 18 now. It is just ungodly slow to level w/o a) a large pool of ppl around your level to group with and/or b) high end gear.

In my mind, gaining xp at about 80% of the rate that you do in scardale is a nice rate. Not to rehash a perennial issue, but it seems like the low-levels side of the game is out of balance. The problems are just magnified from participating in this experiment with the drow.

However, I'm learning to appreciate the game in a different way and I plan to stick it out with the drow necro.
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:31 pm

*comfort uzaf*
Teklar
Sojourner

Postby Teklar » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:54 pm

seems to me they're dying off.. I know Helmaz, and a few others got up into Trollbark otherday and it turned bad fast, since a few of them haven't logged in at all.. seems to me to be they've given up compared to they're always on status.

True RL interefere's with things.. but that drastically? .. I can't see it as they were on then suddenly not after a death and non c/r like that and more then just 1 person involved.

I'll keep my drow.. but as for playing it? .. Don't know .. not any fun with no one in like circumstances to chat with.
Popowidle (Gnome, Invoker), Edek (HalfElf Ranger), Calarum (Grey-elf, Druid)
daggaz
Sojourner

Postby daggaz » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:12 pm

No, I am still here... died, afk'ed for a quick snack, and when I came back on nobody was around. Waited for a short time and then, as usual, some nerd in the basement screwed up our dorm's server and we have been offline last day or so.

Have a bad feeling tho that our eq is long gone... sucksors =(
Sorry mang...
-Dazer
Malia
Sojourner

Postby Malia » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:50 pm

I'm still around as Ineca, trying some diffrent exp places that arent affected by damn daylight. couple of thoughts for you as you hit 20, pirate ship slaves are nice and dk has some nice spots at least for a few lvls.

I have noticed that there are fewer on when i look, which motivates me less to log her. I guess if everyone does that then nobody logs in the drow =( will try to log her on a bit more even if no ones on.
Dugmaren mutters in a surly voice 'Got any new strategy or going to continue with the "throw bodies at them til they get bored"? '

Dranth group-says 'i started drinkin when i found out galzar would be here'

Nerox says 'careful she goes from 0 to bitch in .00000001 seconds'

Mugo ASSOC:: 'ah got it on my gaytimer now :P'
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:18 pm

I have not heard the tale of trollbark. It would be wise of my brothers to mudmail one of their rogues in the event they have a nasty cr ahead.

As for myself, I have been camping with the Swift Steel Company for the past few days. Lvl 18 was a bitch, but it seems 19 holds more power as I am wading in the blood of the enemies who last level sent me on trips to scardale for armor potions (aka got killed).

Take heart my brethren, troubled times will come for us; nevertheless, the Drow of Menzo will not be detered!
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:15 pm

RL has me, no way I'll give her up though. Sorry!
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:44 pm

nijitali, i need you, desperately... come back to us!!
Zabam
Sojourner

Postby Zabam » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:01 pm

Zabam has been demoted to mapping and giving up the ghost for exploration purposes. After making 22 numerous times as well as 23 many times, I hit a point where level-equvalent mobs could kill me faster than I could kill them. Being a solo voker tank with 115 hps has its limits.

I have not abandoned the drowbie way, but have moved to the "even darker" side and rolled up a necro (Vexeg). He hit 18 last night and will start trying shadow minions to tank. 3 Ghouls kick azz (at least in Scarsdale), so it will be interesting to see what the next level of minion brings. Then hello UD.

Besides the exit into the Evermoors, are there any other ups-n-outs in the Menzo/Irx/GH area?
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:08 pm

i don't have my maps w/ me at work but i think there was another... why is evermoor not easy to get out w/ invis? or just a pain to be that north of the lake?
Zabam
Sojourner

Postby Zabam » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:23 pm

was ust interested in any other exits that may be around
Hsoj
Sojourner

Postby Hsoj » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:28 pm

there's GH to DK once we score some waterbreath, or once we put in some RP effort to impress auril into makin' whatever moss they were talking about that's wb into drowable.
Teshidee
Sojourner

Postby Teshidee » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:24 pm

you could go up to goblin caves from the UD, it's close to driders...
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:29 pm

Hi Teshidee!
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”