Tia Update:

Feedback, bugs, and general gameplay related discussion.
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Tia Update:

Postby Shevarash » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:34 pm

Code: Select all

01/06/06               &cL[&cGShevarash&cL] &cGTia Tweaks&N
  - Proc added to the four-bladed axe.
  - Rewrote the smoky arrow proc.
  - Balalaika is now a lyre.
  - Cut down on the number of Amnizus on the grid.

The axe proc is relatively standard, but hopefully enjoyable. The arrow now dispenses with the whole instakill idea and simply has a chance to cause an insane amount of damage.

As for the Amnizus, there were a few too many on the grid, especially in the Daagos room. The new setup should be much more manageable, while still adding an interesting element to the fights - which was the goal all along.

Enjoy. Feedback welcome.
Shevarash -- Code Forger of TorilMUD
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:44 pm

This is the kind of news update you guys should have been doing for years.
It will be fixed in Toril 2.0.
Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:33 pm

Cool. Shev - Any thought put into making groups do some actual preparation prior to going to tia (ie: pendants, gheal staves, etc...) as was discussed in another thread?
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'
Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'
Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:42 pm

You mean besides the massive experience buffer needed? :)

In all seriousness, I'll consider it...
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:05 pm

With all the grumbles from people about making the mud harder and more to do...how bout making the act of getting to Tia a long involved quest for the one who wants to lead the zone?

A long and involved quest involving global loading rareload mobs in order to fight in a long and involved zone that is typically supposed to be the "end game" to get "uber equipment" sounds mighty challenging to me.

Then the pretention about how the heck the cool eq gets handed out would be more of an earned privledge by proving that they really DO have the marbles to get this thing done and you should listen to them cause they rock out loud.
Kallinar goes MOO
Confucious say: He who walk around with hand in pocket feel kockie all day.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:27 pm

Kallinar wrote:With all the grumbles from people about making the mud harder and more to do...how bout making the act of getting to Tia a long involved quest for the one who wants to lead the zone?

A long and involved quest involving global loading rareload mobs in order to fight in a long and involved zone that is typically supposed to be the "end game" to get "uber equipment" sounds mighty challenging to me.

Then the pretention about how the heck the cool eq gets handed out would be more of an earned privledge by proving that they really DO have the marbles to get this thing done and you should listen to them cause they rock out loud.

If the leader on top of having to lead 30 people for 12+ hrs had to do a quest prior to it just to lead them then there would have to be some serious compensation for the leader. For example: Claiming 1 first tier and 1 3rd tier item or something. Really the people that complain about splits are the ones who don't lead and they should be quiet till they deal with the headache of leading.
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:38 pm

Pril wrote:then there would have to be some serious compensation for the leader

Sure I know that most of the people that play here don't consider it a great thing to be able to lead and play in a zone that others worked so long and hard to make a fun experience for them. Sorry I wasn't accounting for greed. I was accounting for the fun factor. Disregard my post if you don't put in the work mostly for the fun.
Kallinar goes MOO

Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:01 pm

What pril is saying has nothing to do with greed. If you do work on this mud, such as a quest, you should get the reward for it. If the leader does a long epic quest, just to get into the zone, why should he not be able to get an item, when another player can just come for the zone and snag an item? Its about fairness AND fun.

ORLY?
Cofen group-says 'wtf, why am i missing a cursed khanjari?'
Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'
Nonox tells you 'i think someone casted 'power word gay' on pril'
Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:23 pm

It's about not making a retarded system too.

Aremat group-says 'tanks i highly suggest investing 20 silver in training weapons from cm to cut down on the losing scales to shield'
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:34 pm

Sure sure. I agree there. The point I am making ties in with people bickering over what system is used to pass out equipment. I am saying if the leader does this epic quest, then they absolutely and outright deserve to say "I claim the groin protector of mighty stamina" because they put in all the extra work to stake such a claim....every time the lead it.

Why not make the end game attainable in the same way quest spells have to be attained? Put in the work to get the things done to reach the final mecca in the game, and bring people that are willing to do a little butt kicking and dying along for the ride when you are done getting prepared for it?

I was just thinking an epic quest to get to the end game would open up more opprotunity for exploration and searching for new things that would be introduced to complete the quest, and would give more people incentive to gather things to lead it themselves.

I wouldn't be able to lead Tia now because I am not a leader. Hell I haven't actually played the game in a full blown status in a long long time.
But I do have TONS of ideas to make it more diverse as far as finding things to do. I just feel that having to do a quest to get to the end-game is > posting on the bbs and saying "Yo I'm goin to Tia tonight. Who's in?"

Also, who's to say the epic quest wouldn't yield something good for the quester also(aside from being granted entry into the "end-game")? Possibilities can be quite endless when it comes to preparing a quest.
Kallinar goes MOO

Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:14 pm

Kallinar wrote:
Pril wrote:then there would have to be some serious compensation for the leader

Sure I know that most of the people that play here don't consider it a great thing to be able to lead and play in a zone that others worked so long and hard to make a fun experience for them. Sorry I wasn't accounting for greed. I was accounting for the fun factor. Disregard my post if you don't put in the work mostly for the fun.

I know this was already said but i'm gonna re-iterate that my post had nothing to do with greed. It's a mere fact. If someone spends 20 hrs getting ready and another 14 hrs leading a zone they should be compensated. And there's not too much fun about leading a zone. It's fun doing a zone but a lot of zone leaders would just as soon follow someone else if they didn't think that the zone was going to take 10 times as long to do.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyways, the quest idea could be cool if it yielded some stuff for zone like preperation stuff . For example quest yields key to get through skull towers into tia and full gheal staff with 30 or so charges. *shrug*.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:44 am

Those who get power will do whatever it takes to keep it, it seems.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'
Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone
Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
Shar
FORGER ADMIN

Postby Shar » Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:10 pm

Wow. Way to make a very nice-for-you-guys announcement into yet another bickerfest. Very proud of you.
Shar - Forger Administrator, TorilMUD

Brandobaris : (51) [ would a forgotten realms zombie be interested in brains? ]

Shevarash tells you 'Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down..... groan'
Glorishan
Sojourner

Postby Glorishan » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:06 am

Shev - thanks for the consideration. All who are bickering in this thread - STFU. That is all. Downgrade monks.
Touk says 'ac > glorishan > mr > touk > hps'

Siamorphe OOC: 'If AFKing is the devil, then Corth is the Antichrist and Glorishan is the False Prophet who supports him.'

Referring to the guild on 8/28/06: Oghma responds to your petition with 'your leadership team averages 280 days MIA :('
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:05 am

If you don't want to be sheep, get used to being out of the flock.

Leading old zones can be horribly boring and obnoxiously hard work when you have party members that do their own thing. If you don't want to play competitively, then there's no use in trying to compete.

Ultimately, what happens to the game is up to the way it is played. Chase frequent players off and the game will suffer. Chase average players off and the game will suffer. Chase newbies off and the game will suffer.

Very few people will play a game they can't do well in. If a player can't seem to make very much progress (win items in zone), then you've chased that player away.

Hopefully, the ones who remain don't mind playing by themselves.

Tiamat appears to have been fairly accessible to the average player on the mud - but the length of the zone so far has made this zone fairly exclusive - not a great thing for the only real excitement we've seen around here for a while.
Teflor does. Teflor does not.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:15 pm

Rofl .. Tia is the ultimate zone on this mud :P Why shouldnt it be exclusive??
"When a child is born, so is a grandmother."

-Italian Proverb
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:47 pm

If its exclusive Ambar then noone has a reason to work towards it since they won't be invited anyway.
Lahgen
Sojourner

Postby Lahgen » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:05 pm

My guess is that one is supposed to jump through the hoops until the other players approve of you.
Kesena OOC: 'i wish my daddy bought me power tools'

Dorgh group-says 'damn, even with Cofen helping Mori, they STILL can't kill someone

Hekanut says 'I know level doesn't matter much, but most won't take seriously if a level 2 claims to be the best thing before, during, and after sliced bread.'

Rather than seeing "subpar race/class," see "challenge."
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:06 pm

Ambar wrote:Rofl .. Tia is the ultimate zone on this mud :P Why shouldnt it be exclusive??

No one said that. You have to be careful with the exclusion or else you'll start losing players.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:29 pm

I guess my thinking is just oldschool. Most of the make things easier threads I just giggle at. People lived with exlusivity for years and people still played. There are certain things that are still exclusive even with a dwindling playerbase. I'm all for the quality mudders over quantity. No matter how exlusive, older players will still come back for big events.

Before toril went byebye I was a lvl 43 druid with no good eq, no good skills, nothing. I was a cute showpiece who was well liked as a person but not respected as a mudder. I went to basternae and learned pkill skills, learned to react fast and listen and do as I was told. There I earned a name and became guilded with *the* goodie guild. Hell I even FOUNDED the *other* goodie guild. Soj3 came back, and I came back as an evil. I used my new skills and from a nobody became guilded with Crimson Coalition as Ambar. Out of nothing I became known as a decent (not GREAT, decent) shaman. How does that happen? I learned and listened, I didnt whine when I lost bids. I never had to be told twice what to do. Sure I made mistakes, I still do, but I learn by them.

I am quite sure I could STILL join any tia trip and do a good job at whetever class I took. I just cant dedicate the TIME it takes anymore, and I fully understand and accept that. It boggles me that people dont have my same attitude about things. I cant dedicate the TIME it takes to do an epic zone, so I dont DESERVE the rewards. I KNOW times have changed and we accept sub standard behavior because we HAVE to.

I just dont GET the whining and complaining, the mistreatement of GREAT leaders, the BASHING of GREAT guilds. I cant understand why people are allowed to trash the immortals and get away with it. Playerbase be damned, quality over quantity. However bad peopel say things are, we STILL manage Tiamat runs. Constructivie critisisms are of course welcome, OBVIOUISLY, or changes wouldnt be made.

I LOVE this mud, I play it nearly every day. I play mostly solo classes and do a LOT of experience so i can just walk away when I need to. I turn down zone groups cause I know I dont have the time it takes, I also dont have the patience it takes to see people do dumb things over and over. Why dont other peopel feel the same way I do? Why do they feel its OK to trash a mud they are allowed to play for FREE? That they contribute NOTHING to other than logging on?

bleh

/rant

-Italian Proverb
Lilira
Sojourner

Postby Lilira » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:00 pm

Ambar-

I wholeheartedly agree with pretty much everything you posted. I also remember the "good ol' days" and spent the beginning of my mud life in essentially the same manner. I floated along. I wasn't concerned about perfecting my skills, I rarely zoned, the only reason I'd had decent eq was my clan members passed most of it down as they got better gear.

I also remember when players for the most part were respectful of EACH OTHER as well as the imms who ran the place. Something I try to practice to this day, even when I want to reach through the modem and strangle somebody who doesn't care if they insult everyone they talk to.

What most people forget is that even in the old days Tiamat took HOURS!!!!!!!! It was also a "Throw bodies at her til she's dead" kind of thing. Rho went once and had 20 pcorpses to show for it (as a conjurer no less)... and that was on Tia alone.

Something most people are forgetting as well, zones like SPOB took HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS until people started learning the tricks of the zone. Now its shaved down to a 3-4 hour run, and is commonly done on weeknights.

I'm not saying Tiamat will ever be trimmed down to a mere 3-4 hours, and since I haven't been, I'm not certain what the group is up against other than dragons, dragons oh and more dragons.

However, I, like many others I'm sure, am waiting for the day that people becomes so accustomed to doing the zone that its shaved down by a few hours/pcorpses. I'm not bitching, I'm not griping that I can't go. My last post on a previous thread was meant in a teasing manner.

If I really, really, really, WANTED to go to Tia, I could probably half-a$$ it and AFK alot.. but I wouldn't do that to a group that has to hold it together for that long. My kids are constant distractions (even when hubby kindly runs interference for me), and I take that into consideration everytime I zone in general, and why for the most part only go when Lili or someone who knows me well is leading.. they know about my distractions and are really good at understanding there are times I don't even have time to hit AFK. While I can get away with AFKing suddenly in somewhere like SPOB, I wouldn't dream of attempting it in a zone like Tiamat, which is why I've never signed up, and probably never will.

I too mud pretty much every day. I too love this mud, or I wouldn't spend so many hours of my life here. The thing is, I do stuff I can walk away from at a moments notice.

Tiamat is an uber, majorly epic zone. The people who lead it are incredibly brave (or gluttons for punishment *tease*) to lead so many people with (usually) strong attitudes and wills, managing to hold them together for half a day to get it done. Frankly, I commend anyone who tries to lead zones, because it shows they have the guts to make the attempt. I've tried it. My talents lie elsewhere... I just don't have the patience to deal with people who insist on doing their own thing thinking they know better for the good or ill of the group.

Imms: From the Assoc chatter, and logs I've seen, it looks like you did a killer job giving the crown jewel of the mud a lovely new setting and polish job.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:01 pm

Lilira wrote:
I also remember when players for the most part were respectful of EACH OTHER as well as the imms who ran the place.

Remove Mystra and Miax's admin style and add a forums and you'll get the same responses. Ask anyone who played back then and what they thought of gods like Mask, Kia, Mystra, and Miax.

Also, ask how respectful the teams were when cockblocking each other.

Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:04 pm

Ambar wrote:I just dont GET the whining and complaining, the mistreatement of GREAT leaders, the BASHING of GREAT guilds. I cant understand why people are allowed to trash the immortals and get away with it. Playerbase be damned, quality over quantity. However bad peopel say things are, we STILL manage Tiamat runs. Constructivie critisisms are of course welcome, OBVIOUISLY, or changes wouldnt be made.

I LOVE this mud, I play it nearly every day. I play mostly solo classes and do a LOT of experience so i can just walk away when I need to. I turn down zone groups cause I know I dont have the time it takes, I also dont have the patience it takes to see people do dumb things over and over. Why dont other peopel feel the same way I do? Why do they feel its OK to trash a mud they are allowed to play for FREE? That they contribute NOTHING to other than logging on?

bleh

/rant

Because the majority of the hardcore players left. Still quite a few left, but not enough to fill a 30 man zone group. Can barely fill a 15 I bet.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:43 am

Ambar wrote:I guess my thinking is just oldschool. Most of the make things easier threads I just giggle at. People lived with exlusivity for years and people still played. There are certain things that are still exclusive even with a dwindling playerbase. I'm all for the quality mudders over quantity. No matter how exlusive, older players will still come back for big events.

Before toril went byebye I was a lvl 43 druid with no good eq, no good skills, nothing. I was a cute showpiece who was well liked as a person but not respected as a mudder. I went to basternae and learned pkill skills, learned to react fast and listen and do as I was told. There I earned a name and became guilded with *the* goodie guild. Hell I even FOUNDED the *other* goodie guild. Soj3 came back, and I came back as an evil. I used my new skills and from a nobody became guilded with Crimson Coalition as Ambar. Out of nothing I became known as a decent (not GREAT, decent) shaman. How does that happen? I learned and listened, I didnt whine when I lost bids. I never had to be told twice what to do. Sure I made mistakes, I still do, but I learn by them.

I am quite sure I could STILL join any tia trip and do a good job at whetever class I took. I just cant dedicate the TIME it takes anymore, and I fully understand and accept that. It boggles me that people dont have my same attitude about things. I cant dedicate the TIME it takes to do an epic zone, so I dont DESERVE the rewards. I KNOW times have changed and we accept sub standard behavior because we HAVE to.

I just dont GET the whining and complaining, the mistreatement of GREAT leaders, the BASHING of GREAT guilds. I cant understand why people are allowed to trash the immortals and get away with it. Playerbase be damned, quality over quantity. However bad peopel say things are, we STILL manage Tiamat runs. Constructivie critisisms are of course welcome, OBVIOUISLY, or changes wouldnt be made.

bleh

/rant

Ambar, you've missed the point entirely. If you are going to make people work a lot to enjoy the game, you're going to lose good players who's company we enjoy.

I didn't say there is something wrong with exclusivity. I said you have to be careful with exclusivity. Too much and you'll be doing harm.
Last edited by teflor the ranger on Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Mon Jan 09, 2006 6:48 am

Lilira wrote:Imms: From the Assoc chatter, and logs I've seen, it looks like you did a killer job giving the crown jewel of the mud a lovely new setting and polish job.

This is the problem. The 'crown jewel of the mud' is an exclusive zone.

Not the experience of gameplay.

Not the detail of the environments.

Not the creative atmosphere, or the addictive puzzles, or the community at large.

If you create a game in which you must put epic effort into in order to enjoy at all -

you're going to start to lose players. There will be a point where you've lost too many.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:10 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:
Lilira wrote:Imms: From the Assoc chatter, and logs I've seen, it looks like you did a killer job giving the crown jewel of the mud a lovely new setting and polish job.

This is the problem. The 'crown jewel of the mud' is an exclusive zone.

Not the experience of gameplay.

Not the detail of the environments.

Not the creative atmosphere, or the addictive puzzles, or the community at large.

If you create a game in which you must put epic effort into in order to enjoy at all -

you're going to start to lose players. There will be a point where you've lost too many.

Sounds like BWL to me. Funny, WoW does the same thing and has 5 million+ users.

teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:56 am

Dalar wrote:Sounds like BWL to me. Funny, WoW does the same thing and has 5 million+ users.

If only we had the hype or the marketing.
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:41 pm

Toril's an exclusive game. Always has been. You have to be friends with a group leader, or you don't do the big zones. If you're not a total fuckwit, maybe someone will take you to Jot if their 5 or 6 regular Enchanters aren't online, but you're not going to choking palace or tiamat unless you're in good with someone who leads the zone.

Been that way for 10 years, I don't see it changing any time soon.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:45 pm

That's how most MMO's operate. If you can't handle sucking or having a shitty personality, then don't play them.

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:09 pm

Bah, I do just fine, thanks.
- Ragorn
Shar: Leave the moaning to the people who have real issues to moan about like rangers or newbies.
Corth: Go ask out a chick that doesn't wiggle her poon in people's faces for a living.
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:50 pm

Talking about people who whine they can't do zones, not you Ragorn.

Corth
Sojourner

Postby Corth » Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:13 pm

You suck and have a shitty personality.

Corth (rl name available upon request)
Having said all that, the situation has been handled, so this thread is pretty much at an end. -Kossuth

Goddamned slippery mage.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:52 pm

Well one thing tiamat has done with it allowing a 30 man group, is allow certian sub par players to go to the zone. It is not hard to get into a Tiamat group now adays, leaders have to practically beg for the players, and most skill levels have been allowed to go.

Alendar group-says 'i r rednek i can only afford the monitor i have mud on and the broken monitor under it'

Malacar ASSOC:: 'must... mp...soon...underwear...cringing...at...oncoming...onslaught...'
Tasan
Sojourner

Postby Tasan » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:20 pm

That's why we let you in!
Danahg tells you 'yeah, luckily i kept most of it in my mouth and nasal membranes, ugh'

Dlur group-says 'I have a dead horse that I'm dragging down the shaft with my 4 corpses. Anyone want to help me beat it?'

Calladuran: There are other games to play if you want to play with yourself.
Ruxur
Sojourner

Postby Ruxur » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:25 pm

ummmm yeah HURRRRRRT WOOOOOOMAN

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:46 am

Dalar wrote:Talking about people who whine they can't do zones, not you Ragorn.

My zoning ability is greatly impaired by the fact that I am only level 16. It's unfair, I tell you.

In other news, we downed Ragnaros last night.
- Ragorn
Maedor
Sojourner

Postby Maedor » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:29 am

Ragorn wrote:Toril's an exclusive game. Always has been. You have to be friends with a group leader, or you don't do the big zones. If you're not a total fuckwit, maybe someone will take you to Jot if their 5 or 6 regular Enchanters aren't online, but you're not going to choking palace or tiamat unless you're in good with someone who leads the zone.

Been that way for 10 years, I don't see it changing any time soon.

Unfortunatly, plenty of fuckwits have gone to tia. We don't have the player base to not take warm bodies..even if they are subpar
Dalar
Sojourner

Postby Dalar » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:08 am

Ragorn wrote:
Dalar wrote:Talking about people who whine they can't do zones, not you Ragorn.

My zoning ability is greatly impaired by the fact that I am only level 16. It's unfair, I tell you.

In other news, we downed Ragnaros last night.

2:39 Vael->Nef. Not the best, but good.

Silverast Rubicyn
Sojourner

Postby Silverast Rubicyn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:54 am

We downed Razorgore for the first time last night! Then got Vael to 8% :)

Burning Adrenaline >>> All
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:29 pm

Well thats thrilling. Do you guys want a "WoW braggzorz" forum all to yourself?
Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:50 pm

Sorry Shevy, I'll try to stay on topic =(

<topic>

Tiamat sucks, it's total bullshit that I don't already have a full set of tiamat gear. You're going to lose players if you don't give me exactly what I want out of the game, which is to say, the ability to complete any zone I'd like and accumulate mega amounts of equipment with no actual effort on my part. I shouldn't have to "be nice to people" and "make friends" to be the god damn equipment whore I've always dreamed of being.

Also, there should be a long, involved quest that players are required to complete before they are allowed to roll a character. That is all.

</topic>
- Ragorn
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:46 pm

Dear Rags,

I empathize with your plight. Since you are unable to reach Tiamat on your own, I will be starting a "Affirmative Tiamat Action" program whose goal will be to send underprivileged characters to Tiamat, free of charge. All cost and transportation will be "handled" by TorilMUD Inc.* and the process will be expedited into a direct visit with the Queen/Manager, cutting right through all that "zone" red tape. We hope to bring Tiamat's special brand of joy and/or slaughter to all characters on the MUD, not just the social elite.

Your pal,
Shevy

(*) Excluding cost and/or transportation to retrieve the decayed and chewed-on corpse that will result from the above visit.
Kallinar
Sojourner

Postby Kallinar » Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:58 pm

Shev looks like he's worked in customer service or in a support fashion before....
Kallinar goes MOO

Ragorn
Sojourner

Postby Ragorn » Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:48 pm

Dear Shevarash,

I must write to inform you that I am slightly distressed about the details of my trip. Whereby the flyer promised "exotic creatures" and "fabulous treasure," I experienced only world-ending pain and misery at the hands of a multi-headed, sadistic bitch queen from another dimension. I would like to point out that I am not racist, so please don't infer that I resent the fact that my hostess was from another dimension. It wasn't so much her plane of origin that I found issue with, as much as the 2' razor sharp claws, rows upon rows of serrated teeth, and massive spiked tail, all of which were instrumental in making my trip most unpleasant. The temperature regulation system of my accommodations appeared to be malfunctioning, as I was alternately doused in jets of searing hot flame and bitterly cold frost. I did pack multiple layers, so the drastic and sudden temperature shifts could have been bearable but for the constant rending of my flesh and splintering of my bones.

In all, I must say that I'm rather disappointed by the whole experience. If you wish to retain my business, you would do well to see about the manner in which your guests are treated. It is very difficult for me to enjoy the wonders of Avernus when I spend each moment praying to a thousand gods for a quick and painless death.

Signed,
Ragorn
Sarell
Sojourner

Postby Sarell » Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:33 am

Maedor wrote:Unfortunatly, plenty of fuckwits have gone to tia. We don't have the player base to not take warm bodies..even if they are subpar

Even Silena got to go SEVERAL TIMES!!! :) So anyone can!

Ragorn... Shev... Bout time there was some decent well thought out funny posts going around here, hi5! :)

I don't mind the idea of prepariing for tia. Good potions and scrolls at ends of zones, or key devices like avernus > bel. It would sure take a lot of people out of active smiting tho, would be terrible to ahve it require simple quest bits that can be done with one person, they would be farmed beyond oblivion.
Arishae group-says 'mah sunray brings all the boys to the yard'
Shadow Scream
teflor the ranger
Sojourner

Postby teflor the ranger » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:09 pm

Maedor wrote:Unfortunatly, plenty of fuckwits have gone to tia. We don't have the player base to not take warm bodies..even if they are subpar

Few players have the 12+ hours to do Tiamat. Simply the amount of time involved makes this zone a very exclusive element.

Quite frankly, the mud would benefit much more from general development of the gameplay as a whole, rather than a crown jewel that most players won't ever see before they stop playing.
Pril
Sojourner

Postby Pril » Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:45 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:

Few players have the 12+ hours to do Tiamat. Simply the amount of time involved makes this zone a very exclusive element.

Quite frankly, the mud would benefit much more from general development of the gameplay as a whole, rather than a crown jewel that most players won't ever see before they stop playing.

Well here's the issue with that Tef. there ahve been 4 tia trips. 2 more are planned that's 6 tia trips with 30 + people (since people trade in/out for it) How amny people will have gone on all 6 trips? 6? that means that another 15 or so (accounting for 9 people who have gone on most trips), that are circulating. Seems like a bunch of people going to tia. *shrug*
Shevarash
FORGER CODER

Postby Shevarash » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:21 pm

teflor the ranger wrote:Quite frankly, the mud would benefit much more from general development of the gameplay as a whole, rather than a crown jewel that most players won't ever see before they stop playing.

The two are not mutually exclusive. That is, there is no reason we have to pick just one. My own personal work on general gameplay development was put on hold to work on Tiamat, and that was by popular request. That is over now, and I am back to general gameplay development.
Ambar
Sojourner

Postby Ambar » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:42 pm

Seems to me that it is easy to get on a tia trip these days. Wipes past it was exclusive, that era is gone now. Trips are publicly announced and you can sign up, whereas before it took knowing the right people to get to go.

man poor shev cant win for losing :P bring in long awaited tia now people bitch about general gameplay

*comf*

-Italian Proverb

Return to “T2 Gameplay Discussion Archive”